spacers??

flyn

gains ....................at least 30bhp :thumbs:

more like a billion bhp!

I'm not sure there are any performance gains in handling. All I know is that they are used to improve the look of the wheels bringing them in line with the outside of the wings.

Anyone know if there are handling improvements?

Edited by wizurd

Anyone know if there are handling improvements?

technically - no - will make it worse - but you'd have to be a top shot driver to actually notice it

Edited by ioneabee

Whats with spacers then? Is it a neccessary mod and what are the gains??..please advise.

Not a necessary mod but very pleasing to the eye when done. Basically they are used to widen the track of the vehicle bringing the wheels out further.

This helps fill the gap that a standard 350 Zed has between the wheels and end of the arches.

I have heard it is advisable to remove spacers when your out on track days though. :dry:

See this is where you are going wrong I run no spacers on the rear but a 30mm on the front and I have nearly 200HP more

This tuning lark is a very technical matter and you can't expect to get good gains if you set the spacers up wrong :doh:

504bhp.jpg

I have mine done so the spacer kicks in around 3250rpm - I think it's the best setup :thumbs:

EDIT : Ref handling degradation - with over 400lbft of torque I have no idea I keep my eyes closed when approaching corners :drive1:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

I did mine very soon after getting the car.

I think I just have a "thing" about wheels sitting too far under the arches. Looks SO much nicer when they're flush.

I used 30mm on the rear and 20mm on the front on standard UK 2004 car / wheels.

It cost about £200 and just under 2 hours to do myself as a car newbie and my insurance company wanted another £36 a year.

For me, it was well worth it, but it's a personal choice. Nothing more than aesthetics.

I think I just have a "thing" about wheels sitting too far under the arches. Looks SO much nicer when they're flush.

It cost about £200 and just under 2 hours to do myself as a car newbie and my insurance company wanted another £36 a year.

For me, it was well worth it, but it's a personal choice. Nothing more than aesthetics.

I want to go 30mm on the rear of mine too but I have 20mm on the front and thought it could mess it up with this set up? I take it it's alright?

I want to go 30mm on the rear of mine too but I have 20mm on the front and thought it could mess it up with this set up? I take it it's alright?

Can't tell any difference apart from visuals, but then I haven't had the car long and I'm not driving it on a track.

Doubt you'd notice handling on normal roads.

• 3 weeks later...

The main reason for spacers is that not all wheels are compatible with the brake and caliper kits, So the spokes of the wheels might hit/ scrape the caliper, so the spacer is used to push the wheel spoke away, thus not hitting the caliper. But make sure the spacer is not to big as that can result in the wheel hitting the arch or going past (Normally people roll there arches to allow there wheels to sit further out).

You can also get them for more of a visual for instance if your wheels do not sit as far out as you like.

In some cases yes it can improve the handling as the wheels as further apart it will improve weight distribution, but personally if they are the OEM wheels i would just stick to where the manufacture has them set.