Motorsport cars

So I thought it would be good to have a thread about people cars that they use for various forms of Motorsport.

Be it rallying, tin tops, drifting, GT style racing or hill climbing/sprints

I'll start it off,

This is my Sylva Phoenix fitted with a tuned Honda Fireblade 1000cc engine.

Run in various Hillclimbing and Sprinting championships.

Current stats are 180bhp at the wheels and a curb weight of just under 500kg.

Running Avon slick tyres and a paddle shift sequential box.

Won the overall Lifeline Championship last year based at Curborough and finished 2nd in class in the Midland Speed championship due to missing a round (grrr!!)

Anyway some photos:

qyre2u5y.jpg

y7u9a4e7.jpg

2e4evude.jpg

• Like 7

I supply guys to build LMP, F1, GT and various other race cars as well as making a lot of CF parts for Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes etc .............. but seeing as thats not what the thread is actually about ;)

Heres my old driftcar:

3256561240_9327785b16.jpg

gerards1.jpg

It was an S13 with a forged SR20, GT2871R running just shy of 400hp, also had HKS suspension, Nismo diff, brakes, overfenders, adjustable arms, the lot along with about 30 odd wheels of various JDM origin. As you can see, function > form but it was a proper weapon, the way it took off on boost was insane :D

Sold it off last year after driving it into a wall though, theres just not enough places in UK to regularly be able to drift in 4th gear, still miss it a bit but doing trackdays in the Zed is much easier and nearly as rewarding :)

• Like 4

I supply guys to build LMP, F1, GT and various other race cars as well as making a lot of CF parts for Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes etc .............. but seeing as thats not what the thread is actually about ;)

Heres my old driftcar:

3256561240_9327785b16.jpg

gerards1.jpg

It was an S13 with a forged SR20, GT2871R running just shy of 400hp, also had HKS suspension, Nismo diff, brakes, overfenders, adjustable arms, the lot along with about 30 odd wheels of various JDM origin. As you can see, function > form but it was a proper weapon, the way it took off on boost was insane :D

Sold it off last year after driving it into a wall though, theres just not enough places in UK to regularly be able to drift in 4th gear, still miss it a bit but doing trackdays in the Zed is much easier and nearly as rewarding :)

What company do you work for?

2012-05-22205059.jpg here's my celica gt4. it's completely modified and stripped out. weighs 1370k with just over quarter of a tank. 312hp at the fly. Dragged it at santa pod a few times.

Looks absolutely mint does that Sir. :DB)

thanks! it has been a labour of love for the last 7 years and is pretty much mint like you said. No rust, Complete engine rebuild with some tasty upgrades all round. At the moment i'm refurbing the wheels which is not easy :thumbdown:
  • Like 2

2012-05-22205059.jpg here's my celica gt4. it's completely modified and stripped out. weighs 1370k with just over quarter of a tank. 312hp at the fly. Dragged it at santa pod a few times.

thanks! it has been a labour of love for the last 7 years and is pretty much mint like you said. No rust, Complete engine rebuild with some tasty upgrades all round. At the moment i'm refurbing the wheels which is not easy :thumbdown:

Future classic?! ..some might even say it's classic now though. ;)B)

Any engine bay pictures? Either way keep it up. :thumbs:

Future classic?! ..some might even say it's classic now though. ;)B)

Any engine bay pictures? Either way keep it up. :thumbs:

yeah I have some knocking about, i'll get them up ASAP

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...