Bose aux lead hack issue

Kerry

Hi guys I fitted an aux lean to my Bose headunit using the hack guide and it worked great. However a friend of mine was trying to eject a cd and pressed the cassette eject button now the tape deck display just says eject tape but there is nothing in there to eject how do I fix this? Do I need to put a cassette in the cassette deck?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I tried the reset I found on the how to page ie turn on ignition let head unit start up then turn off remove key and hold cassette eject for 60secs then turn ignition back on but still no luck, any other ideas? Not having my own music in the car is driving me mad lol

I gave up.

Get a tape, remove all the actual tape from it and put it in. No problem.

I use a cheap Bluetooth adaptor and its great. Check out the last few pages on the Bose hack guide in the guide section.

Hi guys I tried the reset I found on the how to page ie turn on ignition let head unit start up then turn off remove key and hold cassette eject for 60secs then turn ignition back on but still no luck, any other ideas? Not having my own music in the car is driving me mad lol

Keep trying....it does work. Took me a few goes. As stated , timing needs to be spot on.

Had a play with trying the reset again today no luck so I had a poke about with a brio in there and couldn't get anything to move so I took a cassette with no tape in and I wouldn't quite go in all the way and I can't eject it so I've managed to get the cassette stuck in there now aswell lol. Think I need to take it all apart again. Any advise on what to do with the tape deck once I get it apart? Should I just get the cassette back out and keep trying the reset?

Heya,

I had this problem too, but the reset procedure worked great. It's important to follow exactly:

turn the ignition off and remove the keys.

Hold the tape eject button for 60 seconds.

release the button and turn the ignition on again.

select "tape" and attach a device for test.

At first, I was stumped because I hadn't removed the keys / turned off the ignition. After I held the button in with the keys removed, then inserted the keys and turned on, the deck went through some kind of start-up routine and no longer needed a tape inserted.

Hope this helps!

Heya,

I had this problem too, but the reset procedure worked great. It's important to follow exactly:

turn the ignition off and remove the keys.

Hold the tape eject button for 60 seconds.

release the button and turn the ignition on again.

select "tape" and attach a device for test.

At first, I was stumped because I hadn't removed the keys / turned off the ignition. After I held the button in with the keys removed, then inserted the keys and turned on, the deck went through some kind of start-up routine and no longer needed a tape inserted.

Hope this helps!

Did you need to cut the tracks Jumbo?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk