To mod, or not to mod?

pistonbroke

Been the proud owner of my ultra yellow gt4 edition now for a few months, and the mod itch is starting. I want to get another set of wheels for it and lower it as the stock 5 spokes look awful. But I thought I'd ask here first to see what people's opinions are. Being that the car is a special edition, would it be better to leave it stock and preserve it's originality, by getting the stock wheels refurbed? Or do I swap out the stock ones for a set of varrstoens?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Go for it. As long as you have the cash to do so.. The bug bit me straight away.

As for your "preservation". It's good you have this in mind, but think of it like this: As long as you don't change anything that came with the car, it's fine.

So.. while your wheels aren't really that valuable,.. you should find wheels you like .. Replace them and put the wheels you have up in storage. Same goes for the rest of the car. Every mod I've done I've kept the original part of the car so if I want to restore it back to 100% stock I can do so. Many sell the parts for a little extra money for their next mod,.. but I think it best just to keep the parts as "stock" cars generally sell better than modified ones.

So again,.. go for it.. Try to *pace* your mods so you can spread out your "fun" as it were... I went pretty fast,.. and tapped my cash and did most all performance mods on a Naturally aspirated VQ35HR motor (that are worth it).. which aren't that many.

So my focus was on performance, and turning this Base into a GT.. which I did. So I installed a 5k sound system, (yah, went a little over board there.. but it was fun, hard work that paid off..).. Installed an Invidia gemini dual Cat-back.. Installed (well had a mechanic install while I helped..) Berk High Flow Cats.. Installed dual K&N, installed mishimoto intakes, etc.. Then did an Uprev tune with one of the best Zed tuners in the States and am pulling 300 Rear wheel HP and the car has Cruise, and all the options you guys have automatically because you didn't get a base ;)

I have a 2008, so I like my Wheels.. But if I had a 2003 for example.. wheels would have been the first thing I did.

Make a "build thread" and post your mods as you do them.. It's fun for you, is a nice journal to reference the progression of the car,.. and is fun for everyone else to read/look at.

Enjoy!

Why would you keep it standard? Is it because you can see yourself selling the car in the not to distant future or because you believe it may be worth more if left original?

If it was me I'd rather put my own touch on the car I drive and enjoy it along the way. As KyleR mentioned you could always keep the standard bits to turn it back to standard before you sell it if that's what you're going to do eventually. ;)

I said to myself that I'd keep my zed original, no mods. That lasted less than a month, ended up getting small bits & pieces at first then moved onto a cobra exhaust hah.

As others have said, keep all OEM parts and when you come to sell it, put all OEM parts back on it :)

• Like 2

Best car in the best and fastest colour!

I've been modding mine but only performance so far. Black wheels look the best in my opinion

I want Tein springs then mod the body but that won't be until next year now. HEL brake pipes next

What number are you by the way. There's a guy on here called Ken who keeps a log of them unless he's already been in touch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk