Official 370z cargo net

Jalada

I decided I'd had enough of wincing whenever I went round a corner with a bag or two of shopping in the back, and investigated into getting a cargo net. I'd seen some anecdotal evidence that the 350z one would do fine, or even a Mini Cooper one. However I figured despite the extra cost it'd be easiest to just go for the official one. A few emails back and forth with Ewen from Clark Motorsport and the official cargo net was mine!

Photo%2009-05-2014%2018%2048%2055.jpg

Photo%2009-05-2014%2018%2050%2015.jpg

Photo%2009-05-2014%2018%2050%2023.jpg

White cat hairs courtesy of the previous owner, that even after a year I have struggled to completely remove!

I paid £79.50, which feels pretty expensive for a piece of netting! But all the fixtures are sturdy and you can have it in the two different arrangements, as seen above. It looks like the 350z one (pictured in this post) is definitely different. When spread across the whole boot it sits quite high up, so isn't enough to hold down the small bag from Maplin seen in the photos, but would probably be better suited for a bunch of bags of shopping for example. There's a lot of elastic in the netting, so it can stretch, a lot.

When spread across the whole boot, there's 2 straps that loop around the silver bar (you can see one the closeup shot folded back on itself and held in place with a velcro strap, a nice touch) and then attach to one of the clasps. It's a bit of a pain to get these round the bar; I had to retract the shelf & sit in the boot. But then I'm quite short, and it'd probably be easier with someone else helping.

So yeah...that's quite a long post for something so simple, but when I was doing a bit of research myself before buying I didn't find a lot of info, so figured I'd fill the gap :yahoo:

Edited by Jalada
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got a mini copper cargo net off ebay, arrived today £5.50 plus postage fits fine. Would have preferred the real deal but at that price other bits I want to buy. (Would post a pick but still ain't figured it out, using iPad is probably the reason)