Who has owned a Hyundai coupe or a Toyota Celica before moving onto a zed?

ostego

78 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had either of these before?

• Hyundai coupe
    • Toyota Celica
    • Both
    • Neither

I don't even have to mention what I had to most on here, but for those who don't lol... 2.0 SE Coupe (06'). My mate still has his 2004 Celica T-Sport. Coupe was definatly the more refined cruiser of the two but I wanted the celicas better pace. Consider the Zed a best of both...GT abilities with pace lol

I had a nice Hyundai Coupe / Tuscani / Tiburon...

It's a shame they didn't have more power and were rwd otherwise they'd be an even more awesome purchase! The amount of people who wouldn't believe me when I told them it was a Hyundai was laughable!

e7y3asu2.jpg

ydyvu7a6.jpg

4yqy2u6e.jpg

Edited by oVerboost
  • Like 2

I think the early T-sport celicas had head gasket issues later ones didn't but that's something I heard, not sure how much truth is in it. I've currently got a Celica GT4. had it for 8 years and it's never missed a beat. Great cars that are a bit of an unsung hero.

Early 1zz-fe 140bhp engines used between 1999-2002 had a design flaw with the oil control rings and oil feed, they would stick and overheat, it didn't affect the 190 engines and was fixed on the facelift cars. I've not heard of many head gasket failures on the Celica's, the K series in my Elise is another story all together.

I had a nice Hyundai Coupe / Tuscani / Tiburon...

It's a shame they didn't have more power and were rwd otherwise they'd be an even more awesome purchase! The amount of people who wouldn't believe me when I told them it was a Hyundai was laughable!

e7y3asu2.jpg

ydyvu7a6.jpg

4yqy2u6e.jpg

I really like that mate! Looks pretty smart, and different too :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Celica is probably the best value for money car I have ever owned too

Brought it for £3700 then sold for £5000 after a £200 clutch change ;)

2012-01-07153248.jpg

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

I had 2 x GT4's about 6 years ago. Great car on the road, crap on track. Had five Toyota Supras mixed in with the GT4's, they were all fantastic. Grew out of Supras so got the 350Z.

Edited by Rs2oo

• 7 months later...

I had a highly modified , highly tuned, then highly broken Hyundai Gen2.

Destoryed by a ''tuning shop'' that then went down the road of trying to take me to court for not paying them.... long story. but i've since found out the same garage messed up some skylines, S14 and now breaks Audis for a living. Been taking to court a few times... that bad !!

Was my pride n joy for a couple of years though.

Shortly afterwards I got a Gen7 190 GT celica. loved it to drive, but i had problems with mine. engine was sound, but other things kept braking - such as the speedo, gearbox, heater matrix (twice!) and window issues. Didnt get chance to do much tuning.

I agree though, all 3 (inc Z) are fairly similar in designs. if you like the 'entry levels' you will like the Z :)

Username from the Hyundai forums - ukdegu113, if anyone remembers. :)

Pritchard

I had a highly modified , highly tuned, then highly broken Hyundai Gen2.

Destoryed by a ''tuning shop'' that then went down the road of trying to take me to court for not paying them.... long story. but i've since found out the same garage messed up some skylines, S14 and now breaks Audis for a living. Been taking to court a few times... that bad !!

Was my pride n joy for a couple of years though.

Shortly afterwards I got a Gen7 190 GT celica. loved it to drive, but i had problems with mine. engine was sound, but other things kept braking - such as the speedo, gearbox, heater matrix (twice!) and window issues. Didnt get chance to do much tuning.

I agree though, all 3 (inc Z) are fairly similar in designs. if you like the 'entry levels' you will like the Z :)

Username from the Hyundai forums - ukdegu113, if anyone remembers. :)

Pritchard

Did someone say Degu!?!

DSC00051.jpg

• Like 1

Yep. im a big dog fan, and have had many different kinds of pets in the family home. but never had we had an animal with a personalty that this little fellow had. so tame and trained. Curled up in a ball and would sleep on your shoulder while you walked around, would bubble and squeak when you tickled him under the chin, and would run over to you if he heard the fridge open.

but thats another thread.... lol.