What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

I have one of these (looks very similar to the OP's) but when I use it its always too watery to start with, and only does nice thick foam when theres less than 1/8th of the bottle left, and it sounds louder as well. Anybody know what could be wrong with it? Very frustrating as it starts off crap but is good for the final minute or so of using it!

Sounds like it might not be mixing properly...

Do you use warm water? Maybe give it a mix/shake see if that helps

Or it only works properly when it's low because it gets air from the bottle, there is a filter in the lance that can become blocked

Or this :)

Just bought the gun for my Bosch washer and 5L of Ultimate Snow Foam. It says use it neat for best foam and cling.

So that's what I've done without diluting it.

Only used it once and have to say it takes a bit of getting used to adjusting the concentration.

Seems to work better with less in the bottle.

First time I've done this so nothing to compare it to.

Anyhow, seems to shift the crap nicely!

I have one of these (looks very similar to the OP's) but when I use it its always too watery to start with, and only does nice thick foam when theres less than 1/8th of the bottle left, and it sounds louder as well. Anybody know what could be wrong with it? Very frustrating as it starts off crap but is good for the final minute or so of using it!

Ewen at Clark Motorsport commented on the first page or so in this thread I think it was that it is important that you rinse the gun out afterwards by putting some clean water through it after use each time to help stop the filter clogging/blocking. Maybe this is your problem.

This might help you if you are having problems as this thread link shows you how to totally disassemble the guns in order to clean/repair when necessary.

Link; http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84349

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Or you could run some APC through the lance - I usually APC foam the car prior to the bi-annual 'big' detail and that was usually enough to keep the gauze clean...

...except when I used Magifoam which did a better job of clogging up the lance it ever did of cleaning the car, but hey ho.

Ewen at Clark Motorsport commented on the first page or so in this thread I think it was that it is important that you rinse the gun out afterwards by putting some clean water through it after use each time to help stop the filter clogging/blocking. Maybe this is your problem.

This might help you if you are having problems as this thread link shows you how to totally disassemble the guns in order to clean/repair when necessary.

Link; http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84349

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Handy link :thumbs: