What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

Tell me about it! Car will get a bit dirtier by next weekend!

Bloody birds **** me right off as well...cleaned car on sat...as I was drying it - they sh*t on the bonnet...so I washed it off... Done it again yesterday, so I wiped it off with birds poo wipes...took it for a drive - and as I was 2 mins away from home - they done it again! On the bonnet and windscreen! Wiped it again...woke up today with a massive one on the bonnet...no trees around or anything! May be they just hate carbon bonnets? Lol soooo annoying :lol:

I've bowed to the knowledge and demonstration of snow foam by the ilogikal1 and taken delivery of a lance plus auto finesse avalanche foam today. See how it goes but predictably the local forecast is showing rain all weekend :blush::surrender:

• Like 1

Bloody birds **** me right off as well...cleaned car on sat...as I was drying it - they sh*t on the bonnet...so I washed it off... Done it again yesterday, so I wiped it off with birds poo wipes...took it for a drive - and as I was 2 mins away from home - they done it again! On the bonnet and windscreen! Wiped it again...woke up today with a massive one on the bonnet...no trees around or anything! May be they just hate carbon bonnets? Lol soooo annoying :lol:

:lol: That is annoying, ....you need one of these...

U.S.-Marine-Firing-AA-12-Full-Auto-Shotgun-AA12-Machine-Shotgun.jpg

:D

I've bowed to the knowledge and demonstration of snow foam by the ilogikal1 and taken delivery of a lance plus auto finesse avalanche foam today. See how it goes but predictably the local forecast is showing rain all weekend :blush::surrender:

S*d it. I'd probably still wash it even if it is raining.

As long as it's not too bad obviously. Don't want to look too mental. :lol:;)

:lol: That is annoying, ....you need one of these...

U.S.-Marine-Firing-AA-12-Full-Auto-Shotgun-AA12-Machine-Shotgun.jpg

:D

That's what I said to my mrs! Lol

• Like 1

Welcome to the fold. :lol:

Good luck with the weather, I haven't discovered any useful tips for changing that yet :headhurt:

• Like 1

Sad as I am I've been looking at the hour by hour forecast and there's a couple of dry hours I can fit it in :thumbs:

One way or another I'm giving the gun a go this weekend and I believe the neighbours think I'm mental cleaning my car every week anyway :blink::teeth:

• Like 1

Sad as I am I've been looking at the hour by hour forecast and there's a couple of dry hours I can fit it in :thumbs:

One way or another I'm giving the gun a go this weekend and I believe the neighbours think I'm mental cleaning my car every week anyway :blink::teeth:

That's you and me both then. :lol:;)

• Like 1

Always get the "you'll polish the paint off you know?!"

Followed by my

"This is wax mate"

Always get the "you'll polish the paint off you know?!"

Followed by my

"This is wax mate"

How about the timeless classic "You can do mine next if you want :teeth:"

That usually results in a retort of "I'll get my price list". Which is often met with a puzzled look of utter confusion. :lol:

Haha I might try that next time!

• Like 1

That usually results in a retort of "I'll get my price list". Which is often met with a puzzled look of utter confusion. :lol:

:lol: I think I'll try that too and who knows I may even make a few bob :thumbs:

• Like 1

Bit of an update sort of.

Today after my Zed passed it's MOT with flying colours I decided to give it a good wash.

Ilogikal1 (Matt) had very kindly sent me a sample of Car Chem snow foam so as a treat for the Zed I decided to give it a try. :D

The results where good but quite different to the Demon snow foam I'm used to. The Car Chem snow foam was not as foamy when used on the same set up on my snow foam gun as the Demon snow foam and it actually dripped off the cars surface a lot faster.

It did however seem to have more of a waxing effect on the paint work though than the Demon snow foam. It was more evident when I washed the foam off as I seemed to be getting more beading than normal. Whether this was just in my head or whether the Car Chem does have some sort of wax additive I don't know but still I'm pleased with the results.

851_zps56745635.jpg

852_zpsc1d29988.jpg

853_zps2d4e8797.jpg

After finishing the snow foaming and rinse I gave it a TBW, dry off & then put the Zed to bed for the night. :lol:;)

854_zpsfe708428.jpg

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Clean looking zed mate. Definitely that second snow foam is thinner does look shiny though.

Thanks and it was definitely thinner for sure. Didn't want to adjust the snow guns setting as I was using the same amount of snow foam and really wanted to see how it compared.

I'm pretty much thinking that for what I use the snow foam for, basically a pre-wash to remove light road deposits, the Demon snow foam is more than good enough. It's cheap too. :D;)

Always wanted to try one of these. Sticking it on the to buy list :)

:lol:

Definitely worth the £27 mine was from eBay (link on first page) imo. Works so much better than any of the snow foam guns I've ever gotten free with my pressure jet washers. :thumbs: