What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

Just thought I'd show off what's achievable with even a cheaper brand snow foam when using the right snow foam gun.

I have always used "Car Plan Demon Snow Foam" but have never been that impressed with the results. I decided to purchase a new Karcher K2 pressure jet washer recently which works great but the Karcher snow foam gun is rubbish much like the Halfords version it replaced so I decided instead to buy a better one from eBay to see the difference it would make to my snow foam.

The snow foam gun/lance I purchased was £27 from eBay and is available with various fittings to suit different make pressure jet washers. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271418709605?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D271418709605%26_rdc%3D1

001_zpsb75d0a82.jpg

As you will see in the below pictures the snow foam is reasonably thick and really clung to the paint work for quite sometime before slowly dripping off and hopefully taking some dirt with it. :D

Usually with my old snow foam gun it would have been a lot more watery. :thumbdown:

002_zpsd36e864f.jpg

005_zpse54f1198.jpg

The snow foam gun really did a great job imo and was worth every penny. It has an adjustable fan spray nozzle and is also adjustable for the concentration ratio of the foam.

I used only an inch (4-5 cap fulls) of Demon Snow Foam in the 1 Litre bottle mixed with some warm water which imo was more than enough (too much really). Next time I will only be using 2-3 cap fulls as you really don't need much at all to achieve a thick foam.

When I turned the concentration level up at one point it was as thick as shaving foam! :scare:

After I had left the snow foam for a while I pressure jet washed it off ~ then gave my car a two bucket shampoo using Meguiars Gold Class shampoo & my sheeps wool mitt followed by a good dry off. Result below. B)

010_zpsc080268e.jpg

Thanks for reading and hope it helps some. :thumbs:

• Like 10

Yay thank you Graham, this is what test results i've been after! Need to order me one of those bottles! Looking good. Those wheels! :p

Couldn't believe the difference just the snow foam gun makes. Shocking how pi** poor the ones you get with the pressure jet washers are tbh. :surrender::lol:

I'm really happy with the wheels too thanks. :D;)

• Like 1

Yay thank you Graham, this is what test results i've been after! Need to order me one of those bottles! Looking good. Those wheels! :p

Couldn't believe the difference just the snow foam gun makes. Shocking how pi** poor the ones you get with the pressure jet washers are tbh. :surrender::lol:

Yeah I have the same setup as you, with the standard bottle. Also used Demon too.

Do you use the filter at the back below where the hose goes?

Also did you previously mix warm water with the demon solution with Karcher bottle?

Great review Gareth :D I've got the same demon snow foam but found the attachment that comes with it is pants and got the same watery effect. I'll look into getting the proper attachment and give it another go :thumbs:

Thanks. It's definitely worth getting one of the snow foam guns off eBay chirag. They sell them with various attachments so pretty much guaranteed to get one that fit's your pressure jet washer. :thumbs:

Yeah I have the same setup as you, with the standard bottle. Also used Demon too.

Do you use the filter at the back below where the hose goes? No I don't ~ just filled the snow foam guns bottle & used the lance.

Also did you previously mix warm water with the demon solution with Karcher bottle? I just added 4-5 cap fulls of snow foam into the bottle, poured warm water in from the tap then screwed it back onto the gun top piece. The gun mixes it as it sprays.

Questions answered. :teeth: You will see a much thicker foam using one of these snow foam guns grundy without a doubt. :thumbs:

Nice job GM.......those wheels :p mmm!

I noticed the ramps there, how are they working out?

Thanks. :blush:

The ramps are working great. :yahoo:

Hasn't scraped the underneath at all since fitting them even with a full fuel tank, me and shopping on board. :lol: Happy days. :)

Oopps I definitely fill the bottle max with pour solution lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a waste. :nono::lol:

Yeah best way to do it is say 100ml of the snow foam mixture to about 900ml of warm water. You will get much better results though grundy if you change your gun though as I have discovered. ;)

Oh...now you decide to do this write up after I just bought Karcher show foam lance :lol:

Is that demon foam any good then? As that's what I bought in halfrauds yesterday and thought it will be crap (only bought it to test on mrs's car as forgot to order some "proper stuff" from detailing website )

Oh...now you decide to do this write up after I just bought Karcher show foam lance :lol:

Is that demon foam any good then? As that's what I bought in halfrauds yesterday and thought it will be crap (only bought it to test on mrs's car as forgot to order some "proper stuff" from detailing website )

The Demon snow foam is really good Vlad as long as it's put through a proper snow foam gun/lance.

If you still have the Karcher snow foam lance receipt I'd take it back tbh. :dry: Sorry. :lol:;)

The Demon snow foam is really good Vlad as long as it's put through a proper snow foam gun/lance.

If you still have the Karcher snow foam lance receipt I'd take it back tbh. :dry: Sorry. :lol:;)

I got it off eBay! Might flog it :lol:

• Like 1

I got it off eBay! Might flog it :lol:

Probably best, ;) ...although don't try to sell it on here and charge members more than you paid for it (not mentioning any names). :dry::lol:

well done GM, bought the same one as you, really good value for money and got delivered really quick. i used dodo snow foam , turned out really well, doing it again tomorrow ,will post pics then to reinforce what you have said... :teeth:

Pictures always welcome on here and I received a great service from the seller too. :D

Now I know the snow foam gun works well I might actually spend a little more on snow foam. Dodo's on my list as well as Wills suggestion, for when the Demon snow foam runs out. ;):thumbs: