Best pressure washer for snow foam?

Stu_2424

Hey guys

Probably been asked before but after a fairly low budget pressure was hire for use on car (blasting/snow foam) and general home use.

Have heard some people aren't too keen on Karcher but not too clued up on other brands.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think there may be one or two threads about pressure washers on here, :dry:

....but still I'd be interested to see what comments people give you as my dear friend Mr Halfords150hp PW died this morning during use. I'm going to try and revive him later but I fear a diet of weekly use after almost 9 years was probably too much. :byebye::lol:

I'm far from a pressure washer expert, but I think your choice of foam lance will have as much, if not more, impact on your snow foaming than the choice of pressure washer. I got one of these which is great and can work with a multitude of fittings.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pa-foam-lance-cat2.html

Shows comparability on the page.

This is the one I have been looking at but can't see if any good foam lances are available:

http://www.autobrite...400w-motor.html

Nilfisk use the Kew/Alto connectors, so any proper lance will fit with the relevant connector - AD do a lance if you're ordering other stuff from there.

Pretty much all proper foam lances are much of a muchness and usually around the same price although CYC seem to offer the cheapest barring offers/group buys. Once you have a proper lance, the pressure washer itself will only affect the foam slightly but not as much as your tap pressure, basically better water flow = better foam (to a degree).

As for what's the best brand - Nilfisk still use metal components in their pumps whereas Karcher have moved to plastic, which is more prone to failure. How much more is debatable though. What you'll probably find is that people will tend to "recommend" whatever brand they currently have themselves. Other brands are available, some can be difficult to find the correct connector for though so check that before buying.

Snow foam is all about the lance. Any decent pressure washer should be fine... I've had my Karcher for 3 years with no issues.

Get one of the decent foam lances from CYC or PB. They are around £40, but worth every penny if you want foam.

The higher the pump flow rate and pressure, the better the foam. I have a mini Bosch and its great, but it needs more oomph to make better foam. I have the ad lance and ab foam, but need more power.

Really like the Bosch washers, but they're expensive, if I can't afford to upgrade to a bigger Bosch I'll probably go for something like the nilfisk.

I agree the lance is more important, with ref to the metal vs plastic parts, karcher moved to plastic due to the washers not being used for lengthy periods and rusting (eg. Winter, bad weather etc)

I have AB lance and it works well

The make snowfoam also makes a difference

Edited by GIXXERUK

I agree the lance is more important, with ref to the metal vs plastic parts, karcher moved to plastic due to the washers not being used for lengthy periods and rusting (eg. Winter, bad weather etc)

Which make would you recommend yourself?

Which make would you recommend yourself?

I use a karcher k2 and it works well but I can't comment on the others as I haven't used them

I use super snowfoam

Edited by GIXXERUK

I'm a relative newcomer to the art of snow foaming.

Got a Karcher K2 pressure washer from Amazon and a CYC foam lance.

I use Bilt Hamber snow foam and had good results.

You need to be aware that snow foaming can be quite addictive, but not as bad as Zeditis!