Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

Yaaaaaay page 2!!!!! Thanks guys that made me chuckle! Wiz I've had every part/kit you can imagine then swapped it for something else numerous times! The only way was take the bits I liked and threw them together till it looked nice in my eyes. Plastidip was easy start small and the more you do the better you get, well I might as well say as I've not done so yet but a s/c has currently emptied the bank account, can't wait though

B)

1209884060351.jpg

Yaaaaaay page 2!!!!! Thanks guys that made me chuckle! Wiz I've had every part/kit you can imagine then swapped it for something else numerous times! The only way was take the bits I liked and threw them together till it looked nice in my eyes. Plastidip was easy start small and the more you do the better you get, well I might as well say as I've not done so yet but a s/c has currently emptied the bank account, can't wait though

SC! excellent idea and another thing i'd love to do, bank balance cant handle that at the mo though lol looking forward to the right up on that one

Thanks buddy, Keyser is a dangerous person to know , keeps waving goodies in your face and you can't resist haha

I'm only aiming low to begin with, just to get everything operational and fitted so aiming at around somewhere between 360-400whp to start, il be posting all the extras I buy bit by bit.

If you gonna do it start saving lol I didn't drive zed for year to try save up, main thing is your on here with plenty of help, the likes of jez, Keyser and Bennett have helped loads and no doubt will bug them loads haha

that is a major plus for this place, all the help and info. It's not the doing it that worries me. Literally just the costs :-( see how it goes over the next few months. Looking forward to seeing your build on

• 4 weeks later...

only a little update...so the S/C shopping list was compiled :wacko: hardest part of the build so far is hiding all the packages/purchases from the mrs!!!who took delivery of two this week :headhurt: ones I blagged as a secret present (which now means I have to get her a present :lol: )

Anywho first bits showed up... a sump with pick up points and some magic fuel sticks .

Will update as the rest turns up

IMG_0266_zps8d4d33ec.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

well....I have most still got a bit to pay for things but this is everything so far

-Sump

-Injectors -590cc

-Oil Temp Gauge

-Wideband O2

-Vortech V2

-Thermostatic Oil cooler

-full service kit

-one step colder plugs

-oil catch can - need to get

-fuel pump -need to get

-Plenum spacer -need to get

That should be enough to get me to just under 400hp comfortably I hope.

im sorting out all the major purchases so just the little bits left after ....hopefully

Edited by jumping350

well....I have most still got a bit to pay for things but this is everything so far

-Sump

-Injectors -590cc

-Oil Temp Gauge

-Wideband O2

-Vortech V2

-Thermostatic Oil cooler

-full service kit

-one step colder plugs

-oil catch can - need to get

-fuel pump -need to get

-Plenum spacer -need to get

That should be enough to get me to just under 400hp comfortably I hope.

im sorting out all the major purchases so just the little bits left after ....hopefully

Good list. ;)

I'd add a low temperature thermostat to it as well if I was you. I bought a Nismo one just recently from Clark Motorsport for £50. :D

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81075-nismo-uprated-stat-vq35de-special-price/

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Vortech reliability thread yet jumping350? Have a look at post n#14 regarding the positive crankcase ventilation if you haven't already.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82588-vortech-supecharging-technical-and-reliability-thread/

I think you may already have though as you've listed an oil catch can on your parts list but just thought I'd bring it to your attention in case you hadn't. :thumbs:

Haha well she knows about supercharger but not all the rest to follow! Wizard is right oil cooler for me flowers for mrs and so forth lol she will clock on soon and realise , can't wait for that day!! But I have worked 7 days week for nearly two years so have to enjoy it

• Like 1

Thanks GM some handy advice regarding thermostat and venting, yeah I knew about venting but worth a mention in case anyone from the new supercharged group buy read this

So what way are you planning on doing it then?

Solution one seems the most cost effective and simple obviously ~ vent both sides to atmosphere via mini filters.

I'd really think though that solution two is probably the one to do.

vent both sides to atmosphere via mini filter and cap off the plenum port. This solution is the cleanest and most performance oriented as per racing cars as no vented crap goes back into the engine but environmentally the worst. You can mitigate this with 1 or to oil catch cans (occ) on each side.

Hi jumping350 ~ been doing some more research in case you're interested regarding the oil catch can set up.

I've bought a Rutland oil catch can which is a very compact unit and previously tested by a few S/c Zed owners.

Link; http://oilcatchtank.com/

Test thread link; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58175-oil-catch-can-tested-and-proven/

From what I've found out the only problem you may get with this oil catch can is that under under boost pressure the bottom seal where you drain the oil can leak. The way around this apparently is to seal it off (super glue or expoxy as I plan on using). You can unscrew the glass/perspex see through tube to empty any collected oil so that's no problem.

Also from the Vortech reliability thread it is recommended that you use a non return valve between the plenum and oil catch can in order to stop boost from your plenum going back to your crankcase.

Non return valve I've bought; http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/nylon-non-return-valve-10mm

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Thanks GM that's a massive help, I was wondering where to get non return valve from! Are you going FI too? Can't find your build thread if you are lol

Maybe?! :ninja:

Haven't got a build thread ~ might end up doing one at some point though and just back date all my pictures. At least people won't have to wait for updates then. :lol:

Glad that info helped. :thumbs:

so this turned up

IMG_0370_zps38b87ccf.jpg

mainly because this is what happens when you lower the zed and there is still a scissor jack underneath :scare:

IMG_0373_zps40c129ef.jpg

and fixed.......

IMG_0375_zps32ece659.jpg

Then this turned up

IMG_0369_zps51ab76dd.jpg

but had to manufacture my own studs and thread locked the buggers in there :lol:

IMG_0371_zps75deccc3.jpg

I actually prefer the zed like this and wish I could drive around with no bonnet B)

IMG_0377_zps2977deeb.jpg

bit of fettling to get it aligned but its on :yahoo:

IMG_0379_zps45a98cd7.jpg

IMG_0380_zpsc8f3e851.jpg

IMG_0382_zps01adc958.jpg

IMG_0383_zps7f67111a.jpg

IMG_0385_zps4524117d.jpg

• Like 7