Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

:lol: funny enough had family round at xmas and they said ' weren't you doing the same thing last xmas?' :wacko:

I know im right there now, if the weather holds up gauges in tommorow and need to get a few bumper screws

No base map, tuning probably in January now depending on Jez however I have now run out of mot so hoping he has someone nearby who can do it for me

Stop messing around and get this car tuned Darryl🙀🙀😉ðŸ™!

I've just notice the way you installed that oil cooler and it looks really precarious. You should raise the cooler all the way to the crash bar and metal extension and secure it with nuts and washers underneath via the threaded bars you got there. Also shorten the oil lines so you just have the exact length from sandwichplate to cooler but without tension or stress.

Catch you later. I've just seen I missed a previous text from you🙀

Bennett your killing me ive just finished, this is gonna put me back even longer :lol:

Its not that precarious is it?

If I raise the cooler to the crash bar it wont have any direct flow from the holes in the bumper, isnt this a no no? its also sitting there because there isnt that much room because of Veilside design. But everything is comfortably inside the Veilside and protected form underneath as of now once fitted

I have secured it with nuts and washers/thread lock from underneath, on top and in between and cable tied the mofo just in case, its pretty rock solid.

One oil line is a bit long but shouldn't cause a problem should it? it seemed ok yesterday

Reply to my text :lol:

Edited by jumping350

Bit more progress, have routed the oil temp sensor wire from the sump area up through engine bay and into brake reservoir area and also spent ages ripping the door apart fitting gauge and routing wires through to same area.

Bit of fiddling with old vent to get it in

IMG_1545_zpshycugqie.jpg

Wire nicely routed out the back

IMG_1546_zpswad6gdn3.jpg

and finally in place

IMG_1549_zps0t0z0kbm.jpg

IMG_1551_zpsdczipkeu.jpg

now to just sort all the connections out in engine bay and im away :yahoo:

Edited by jumping350

Thanks, gauge looks great in that spot I think, ive extended all the wires through to engine bay so can take it from where ever (was thinking power source from my throttle controller) like the idea of the window switch would save some hassle, I did notice my electric mirror wire aswell which I almost cut through :lol:

have you got a pic of wiring to window switch? I didnt notice any red/black wires coming from mine just multi coloured ones, also where did you tap your light wire for the gauge?

Edited by jumping350

Thanks, gauge looks great in that spot I think, ive extended all the wires through to engine bay so can take it from where ever (was thinking power source from my throttle controller) like the idea of the window switch would save some hassle, I did notice my electric mirror wire aswell which I almost cut through :lol:

have you got a pic of wiring to window switch? I didnt notice any red/black wires coming from mine just multi coloured ones, also where did you tap your light wire for the gauge?

I haven't got a pic of the wiring for the switch, I had to use a multimeter to find out what was what as like you said no obvious markers as to what did what, I didn't bother with the light wire, just taped it up and left it in there.

I might go for the wing mirror wires as there is a clear red and black in the loom and a bit more accessible than the window switches.

I cant be bothered with the light one either at the moment as long as the bloody thing works :lol:

One of the window switch wires has got to be an illuminated wire when the headlights go on so another job for another day

Sorry dude not trying to give you a headache but if the cooler is solid then fine. Another solution maybe to put some kind of a long spacer between the bar and the oil cooler if it's not.

If one line is longer it doesn't matter. The key is not too have a stress riser or unnecessarily long lines.

I've not got a recent text from you dude👀.

No worries buddy any advice you give I always take it as it needs to be done as your spot on with all this stuff!

For now no leaks and oil cooler is solid but will take a picture of lines etc and send to you anyway.

Im only going with it like this for now as everything is solid and leak free for the sake of getting it tuned, once tuned im going to drop the oil and make all those changes then either straight away or next oil change so no major drama really :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Getting fed up with anything to do with oil :rant:

So removed all door cards wired oil temp gauge up to wing mirrors turned key and nothing, removed door card again spliced into window controls this time turned key...nothing :angry:

At this point I thought the gauge had blown so decided to hook gauge straight to battery....gauge comes on :headhurt:

Where can I take power from easily in the engine bay near the brake resevoir area or anywhere to be honest that will power up my gauge?

I wired it directly to the battery and got out and realised its now permanently on, time to rewire again :lol:

Edited by jumping350

Im in Surrey, so when the ignition is at acc there is power to the wing mirror and to the switches, so how come neither gave power to the gauge?

Ive been looking at the washer jet wires today so may try them,

Ive got a new dash to go on so may have to be patient like Bennett suggests strip dash out and poke everything with my multimeter

dont strip the dash, no need. there is defiantly a switch live and a permanent live to the window switches. ill take some pics tomorrow for you of mine. worst comes to it I'm not a million miles from you just off j17 on the M25 so maybe i can lend a hand.

• Like 1

Heart in mouth moment today, went to wire the gauge back in properly and what do I discover

IMG_1591_zpszwxxvow6.jpg

:scare: :scare: :scare:

Thank god my padlocks saved me, but they done a good job on door and padlock latches, guessing its targeted and someone knows the car is in there or has seen me working on it as no other garages were touched but you never know could of been chancers.

Had to move the zed to a secret Batman layer and empty all my tools and parts today from the garage which has put everything on hold for now :rant:

Cant risk leaving car in there with door like that so thought it best i move it. (Started and drove well though :thumbs: )

Think I might give up my garage spot now and hopefully my mate will let me rent his double garage on his new property, bit further away but I can do what I want in it and with it and its on his land so it will be in his view at all times.

God damn attempted thieving judas's

Hang a giant canvas behind the garage door saying

"Better luck next time, SUCKAS!!!"

I was tempted to leave something but didnt in the end, I want to stake it out tonight as it happened last night so wondering if they will come back to finish the job, I doubt it though.

Will change handle tommorow and leave it empty for now and see what happens