Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

Thanks Stu, there is not a lot of room at all!

Well at the moment there is a couple of mm to spare but may shave off a bit more just to be on the safe side but the crash bar stops the bumper going back any further anyway. Will also shave off the area around where the lines connect, am going to fabricate some sort of blank off plates for the holes in case its a very cold day and I need to drive the zed.

Still haven't sorted the number plate out either or where its going :wacko:

Looking good. B)

As well as shave off a few more mm's from the holes just to ensure clearance I'd consider adding some steel mesh over the holes to protect the cooler from road debris, stones etc from being able to directly hit the cooling fins. Just an idea.

On mine I had the ZunSportz grille in front of both the oil cooler & intercooler which definitely protected them. :thumbs:

Looking good. B)

As well as shave off a few more mm's from the holes just to ensure clearance I'd consider adding some steel mesh over the holes to protect the cooler from road debris, stones etc from being able to directly hit the cooling fins. Just an idea.

On mine I had the ZunSportz grille in front of both the oil cooler & intercooler which definitely protected them. :thumbs:

Ooh, you ould paint the mesh black too, it would look mean.

Nice work DarrylðŸ‘.

I'll be doing something similar with Neil's car as I've just finished installing the vortech kit but no room for the oil cooler in the std position. Send me links to were you got the hardware. I've seen some on eBay but undecided. It will save me fabbing them as I'd planned.

Now get that car tuned😜😜!

No worries will PM you Bennett, it was much easier with the bracket especially with the holes already drilled, I took a punt praying the holes matched the oil cooler mounts and they did, other wise that would be another part in the pile of 'send it back as it doesnt fit or wont work ' :lol:

Im nearly there just got to dremel that stupid hole out for CAI which is doing my nut in, can you send me those pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I feel I hit a milestone :)

Finished off oil cooler, all nuts thread locked and everything tight and in place..its rock solid

WP_000334_zps6yfsxvdx.jpg

Braided lines tightened...now just need to fill her with oil

WP_000335_zpsptewznp9.jpg

Next task the CAI for the Vortech, started out with these and sized them up and got enough jubilee clips for the cause

WP_000336_zpsozu747f8.jpg

The dremeling was long, a process of grind, check, grind, check, charge dremel come back and same all over again until I got the stupid pipe in!

WP_000324_zps0n5nc44p.jpg

Turbinetastic :)

WP_000327_zpshsobggpp.jpg

But alas this was not enough, it need wiggle room in various places so the silicone hose could fit around it which the trusty dremel came out again

WP_000333_zpshf1ryp48.jpg

WP_000340_zpsyiwrqxdx.jpg

Eventually got it to this point and everything would... I hope fit

WP_000339_zpskukqgliv.jpg

After much wrestling and swearing and dremeling I finally got the 90 degree elbow in place

WP_000345_zpsadrkd837.jpg

WP_000341_zps9hpt3bq0.jpg

I had to remove the crash bar to get the gigantic filter behind it which was fun seeing as I had just permanently mounted the oil cooler :rant:

Then much more dremeling to get the last pipe in place and the air filter to fit properly but a snug fit

WP_000353_zpsppl5xdqv.jpg

Finally in place and ready to be tightened in position

WP_000346_zpszzkcpj1b.jpg

WP_000348_zpswytyclpm.jpg

But...I wasnt finished there!!

Having done my build for nearly two years :wacko::lol: Ive read about a bit! Some suggest its not the greatest place for the filter to go as its right behind the bumper and the Veilside is even worse because its kind of housed in there with no direct air flow.

So what to do? yes, make a CAI for my CAI :lol:

I got this stuff which is really strong and looks cool

WP_000337_zpsltiw1mqb.jpg

It magically bends most ways and retains its shape all the time

WP_000338_zpsw6s2zqib.jpg

So I begun to route it through any gap I could find that went near the filter

WP_000342_zpsziuvs3oa.jpg

Pretty much spot on if you ask me :teeth:

WP_000350_zpsxp32bqmc.jpg

Started to put everything back together again!! and finished routing piping

WP_000344_zpsbpt2q8y3.jpg

I made sure the diameter of the piping was big enough to fit over the right hand side hole of the Veilside bumper when it goes back on and routed the piping so it sits right in front and can secure over holes neatly. Just cable tied for now until I can get some more clips

The finished article!! Quite a busy front end now but at least all the holes in my bumper serve a purpose now :lol:

WP_000352_zps2ckdgoeh.jpg

I also have bought some of this fine modeling mesh (im spraying it black) which is really easy to shape/glue snuggly around all 4 holes to stop debris etc coming through which il do over the weekend

WP_000354_zps4ymw2gvt.jpg

After the bumper bits, sorting out bracket for number plate and filling with oil and turning over to make sure shes ok,, she will be off to Jez :yahoo:

• Like 3

Thanks guys, actually looking at the front end alone brings a smile to my face :) driving it ....cannot wait :yahoo:

Still got a few little bits to sort but that's the major things done now, I also forgot about the oil temp gauge :headhurt: so wiring all that in and running it to drivers area is now also added to the list!

May have to wait till after Christmas for dyno but will see how much progress I make and how bad the weather is

meshed all the holes in the bumper the other day, modelling mesh is really good and easy to mould round things and then I sprayed them black and stuck them down, bit of protection now for oil cooler and intake duct

IMG_1519_zpsutx5naqw.jpg

Got a couple of goodies to finish off and add a bit of bling

IMG_1521_zpsz9zp1guk.jpg

BOV filter - which will quieten down the sound but in the odd circumstances that a vacuum is created it will also stop baby Racoons getting sucked in :lol:

IMG_1522_zpssihfyzgz.jpg

Just about missed my oil cooler lines but may wrap them with something just in case

IMG_1524_zpsehbc65xt.jpg

and some new engine bling :teeth: Although my Mrs says I have the most uncoordinated engine bay she has ever seen,

I dont care it all works :lol:

IMG_1526_zpszgthmckv.jpg

IMG_1527_zpsag0fdo4j.jpg

IMG_1528_zpskoqhve8c.jpg

took the opportunity to take a couple of pics - nothing special though

Bonnet up

IMG_1530_zps0ppc3hxw.jpg

Bonnet down, just to make sure everything fits

IMG_1531_zpsfecy0osk.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

This is my temporary garage, the one im waiting for is much wider but it looks quite deceiving as there is quite a bit of room down the left hand side. I also parked as close to the wall as possible and the left hand side of the car is jacked up so its leaning towards the wall, it literally is as close as you can get to the wall without touching :wacko:

once the car is back down and level there's enough room to maneuver in and out, I have markers on the wall and the roof beams to make sure I don't hit the wall, lots of fun :lol:

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

I do rate you for the work you've put into this man. Bet you can't wait to get out and drive her! I keep mine in my garage too and although it's wide enough I'm still always worrying about hitting the door against the wall when I open the driver side lol. I do need to get some sort of flooring put down as it's just bare concrete at the moment and still tend to get a fair bit of dust flying up

although it's wide enough I'm still always worrying about hitting the door against the wall when I open the driver side lol.

Tiger seal some carpet to the walls where the door would potentially hit ;)

Yep great idea BM, ...although instead of carpet I'd use these soft floor interlocking tiles that you can get from Halfords/Aldi for around a tenner. ;)

Link: http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/garage-essentials/rolson-6-piece-floor-mat-set-120-x-180cm

• Like 1

although it's wide enough I'm still always worrying about hitting the door against the wall when I open the driver side lol.

Tiger seal some carpet to the walls where the door would potentially hit ;)

Yep great idea BM, ...although instead of carpet I'd use these soft floor interlocking tiles that you can get from Halfords/Aldi for around a tenner. ;)

Link: http://www.halfords....set-120-x-180cm

Go to a carpet shop and ask for offcuts, they are usually free ;)

• 4 weeks later...

After a few oil leaks and dramas along the way with the oil cooler I checked as much as I could and went for a start up.

Was a bit scary at first as oil pressure took a second to rise but quickly shot up to a healthy level

IMG_1535_zpsiiae9vv8.jpg

Idle and at operating temp

IMG_1544_zpsfcupveps.jpg

Couple more crappy photos from me :lol: nothing special just back up and running and outside again :yahoo:

IMG_1540_zpss7kobxgk.jpg

IMG_1541_zpstcnbjr2x.jpg

IMG_1542_zpsnia5sbat.jpg

Doesnt appear to be any leaks, so just the gauge to wire up/fit and check temps, tidy up and cable tie any wires/cables/lines, pop bumper back on and job done off to tuners :teeth:

• Like 3