Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

Thanks all, and it was a relief when it turned over ok you cant believe!

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help (GMB, Adrian, Keyser, Wasso, Chris B, Bennett) and of course others for helping and answering my countless questions of which without this wouldn't of at all been possible. This is the best forum ever in terms of information, help and friendliness. I have wanted to go FI with previous cars but never had a collection of people knowledgeable and nice enough to make me feel confident about doing it.

Next stop sort out an appointment with Jez and see what I get out of the beast :drive1

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

small update, checked car over to make sure all is ok, seems good so far.

Had to shave more off the Veilside to get intercooler to fit properly with it, sits perfect now

WP_000257_zpsvgmjpd7u.jpg

now have to problem of where the number plate will go :wacko: , as I think it will block too much of intercooler in its old spot

• 1 month later...

haven't updated for a while so finished some niggling bits today.

After removing the sump and checking everything for the oil leak it turned out it was because the barb for the oil return on the sump was just over 10mm and the i.d of the hose from the supercharger was 15mm :doh: didnt matter how much tightening of clips was done...it was gonna leak

WP_000291_zpsi0e8klj7.jpg

Instead of ripping the build apart to change the hose I put this together with some 12mm hose and a 12mm/17mm barb reducer

WP_000292_zpsfmip1fyj.jpg

I cut the oil return hose to the right length (was pretty tight fit) and put everything together making sure the drop was right from the hose to free flow the oil back to the sump...pretty happy and should hold up with no leaks now...I pray :lol:

WP_000297_zpssxifcdsw.jpg

Back to my previous oil cooler woes and today I managed to to tighten everything up and started routing the braided hosing

WP_000299_zps4krwj0a2.jpg

and routed out to the front ready for the last thing on the list....mounting the oil cooler

WP_000300_zpsbw8l6nym.jpg

stay tuned for oil cooler fitting :teeth:

• Like 1

Cheers GM, aren't those illegal? id happily do that but think it would attract the plod

Seems to be one of those things were some say they are illegal & some say legal (I don't know tbh).

As long as it is a reflective vinyl, with correctly spaced lettering which is the correct size, marked with a manufacturers make/postcode & a BSI mark then I believe it is legal AFAIK. :shrug:

Could be wrong though but I'd imagine it would be extremely unlikely that you'd get pulled for it by the Police.

Link: http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/2424/custom-number-plates-stick-on-reflective

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a pointer...measure your oil cooler mountings after you fit the supercharger :wacko: All the marks and measuring I did before were made redundant because the intercooler piping wasnt in place before :rant:

This meant the oil cooler couldnt go where I originally planned and will now probably have to be at a half cocked angle om the crash bar

WP_000302_zpsyqqq5t5j.jpg

not a problem you say...go to put bumper back on and....

WP_000303_zpssmjclkvj.jpg

yes!! the holes in the Veilside hit the oil cooler and stop the bumper from lining up properly :dry:

like a glove!!

WP_000309_zpsacjgt7dl.jpg

ive made enough room so I can mount the oil cooler lower down and directly in front of the holes as at the moment it is sitting a bit higher

WP_000311_zpswh2bl6ce.jpg

To help with the **** angled mountings I bought these mounts to help the situation

WP_000307_zpskx7vm2vf.jpg

nearly ready for permanent mounting :teeth:

Edited by jumping350

Headed out today while I had some time to measure up and fit oil cooler

rough mock up with some holes drilled already,

WP_000313_zpslerqcbtx.jpg

Took a while to get the Mocal mount in the right place and the holes marked out properly on the crash bar

WP_000317_zps9zv3lsjf.jpg

Then routed and connected oil lines

WP_000318_zpstvshmhfg.jpg

All bolted up, i still need to cut one more threaded bar and am short about 9 washers and nuts but at least thats the easy bit :lol:

WP_000316_zpsysbunmsl.jpg

Bumper back on and lines fit nicely inside bumper and round

WP_000321_zpshxew0s7r.jpg

Setup back to sandwich plate

WP_000322_zpshwity5g4.jpg

After all the faffing around....oil cooler bang in front of Veilside holes B)

WP_000319_zpsqyb1vwdh.jpg