Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

Rears went on today, cutting that brake shield was a mission! but all done and dusted now just need to bleed them another day swap discs for better ones and off for a bed in and test drive.

WP_000210_zpstws23itj.jpg

WP_000212_zps57g1l0fp.jpg

3 things I over looked and miraculously got away with

1.Rear Rota on the front which left me with mm's to spare from upper control arm

2.Front Brembo with Rear Rota (concave) also mm's to spare from spoke hitting caliper

3.Seem to have got away with tyre size choices and tcs seems to be happy

looks even meaner now :teeth:

WP_000213_zpsytug35ue.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to bleed the brakes today, went surprisingly ok, hardest part was getting the car up off all 4 wheels :lol:

few aerial shots

WP_000225_zps9am9egc9.jpg

WP_000226_zpsagsaunqq.jpg

WP_000228_zps6eq3h7wt.jpg

Brake bleeding setup

WP_000231_zps8yhs3oak.jpg

Went round twice bleeding just to make sure it was ok, pedal went hard so put everything back on and drove to end of garages and slowed down and locked up on the gravel so I presume all is good :lol: will give it a proper test and bed in soon but im pretty happy all is ok and it feels a lot better just from the short drive.

Also trekked it up to Bennetts and sat on the M25 for 2.5 hours then had to drive 2 more hours :scare: roughly 2 hour journey took me 5 hours :surrender: dropped all my charging stuff off and now the brakes are done shouldnt be long till its Vortech time!

Had to buckle up Supercharger for journey, better safe than sorry :lol: mrs didnt look impressed with that one

WP_000223_zpsjqu26lkj.jpg

Edited by jumping350

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly massive thanks and hats of to Bennett for having me and being a fountain of knowledge on most things including the zed :lol: had a laugh and was relatively stress free except for the RAC stitch up at the end! Forum wont allow the amount of thumbs up I want to put down ;)

So the trip started early morning on tuesday and beat all the traffic up for an early start.

Straight to it...get the strut bar/plenum off and cut many harnesses and remove many bits of plastic I didn't even know was there,Bennett soon ripped most of it out

IMG_1407_zpscurq4xiy.jpg

more to follow when pics finish uploading.....

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Can't believe you're finally getting your supercharger fitted and you've still got those orange indicator bulbs fitted in your headlights, :scare: ..f**kin' priorities Darryl. :dry:

Get some Silvertec indicator bulbs fitted asap. :lol:

Seriously though happy for you and hope all goes well. :)

haha I got grief for my lights already, I did have led's in them but kept blowing so couldn't be bothered with hassle and put OEMs back in,il take a look at the silvertech, I know long time coming on the install, stay tuned for rest of the journey.....

Edited by jumping350

haha I got grief for my lights already, I did have led's in them but kept blowing so couldn't be bothered with hassle and put OEMs back in,il take a look at the silvertech, I know long time coming on the install, stay tuned for rest of the journey.....

Can't wait as I'm excited for you. :D I'm sure it's going to have been worth the wait for you and you will love it. :yahoo:

Fyi the bulbs: It was a little wind up but if you do seriously want some this is what I used to use and never had any problems. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVERTEC-BU582-SILVER-CHROME-INDICATOR-BULB-T20-CAPLESS-WEDGE-TWIN-PACK-2-BULBS-/121378502875?hash=item1c42b8f8db

on with the build

having being identified as a prolific dropper of bolts and tools all exposed holes in engine were quickly blocked up :lol:

as the fuel rails were out, time for some new injectors and also changed to one step colder plugs at the same time

IMG_1413_zpsntf4t1k8.jpg

and in there new home

IMG_1415_zpsa1ew8eul.jpg

IMG_1414_zpss8yo1bf4.jpg

IMG_1419_zpscgna2ccr.jpg

whilst this was going on the horns and power steering cooler were relocated

IMG_1416_zpst7mcds1m.jpg

IMG_1418_zpsyapnkchs.jpg

Fuel Return System time. Bennett knows his stuff and made short work of everything in his way, I just left him to it :lol:

CJM output kit on end of fuel rail

IMG_1420_zpsz0yw8uso.jpg

Fuel Bucket was a pain to get back in, established my fuel gauge is rubbish as it showed near empty and there was loads of fuel left :scare:

Bucket out

IMG_1421_zps63nhyoog.jpg

Fuel return line eventually found its way through the floor :dry:

IMG_1422_zpsppn7qg2v.jpg

Bucket back in but modified with all the little bits and pieces, because of all the weird angles and crap in the way had to arrange a route for the return line

IMG_1423_zpsvinutppf.jpg

Jobs a goodun and the lines were ran and secured under the car and popped up in the engine bay

IMG_1424_zpsyvupmtgc.jpg

Return line hooked up to under FPR and side port hooked up to CJM output on fuel rail

IMG_1426_zps7tf5xrkc.jpg

FPR hooked up and pressure tested to 100psi to check for leaks...it leaked :lol:

IMG_1425_zpszjdnzkxd.jpg

Bit of fettling and tightening and some ptfe tape and shes in pressure tested and holding well

IMG_1429_zpsydl0l265.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Plenum back together with a spacer inbetween

IMG_1430_zps1nj3ywrs.jpg

oil drained and sump removed

IMG_1433_zpsvnnyzwxi.jpg

still got plenty to go

IMG_1427_zpsbcn5u6jc.jpg

Onto the intercooler and one piece charge pipe in place

IMG_1431_zpsopaabjg1.jpg

down and through engine bay

IMG_1439_zpspn5ssjpd.jpg

and out in perfect position for intercooler

IMG_1436_zpsnlpxbjfx.jpg

Intercooler attached and held with brackets nicely

IMG_1437_zps3x7mfdfa.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsfv7glvkh.jpg

IMG_1450_zpsspuu8htm.jpg

bov pipe in place

IMG_1441_zpsoyv50jqr.jpg

Sump in place, hooked up oil return, had a few issues with fitting as the sump is flatter and wider the sandwich plate for oil cooler wouldnt fit on with the braided lines attached, had to run without a cooler for now but will add a second sandwich plate to create room for lines and also to add temp sensor as tapping the pan is long so actually works out ok, filled up with fresh oil and no leaks

IMG_1448_zpsloexfpfx.jpg

IMG_1449_zpsk8atpjm5.jpg

Edited by jumping350

Just about time to add a ghetto homemade catch can, add in uprev maf, pcv venting etc, check for any fuel/oil leaks, add in the supercharger belts, secure all cables, check everything is done up and all hoses and clamps arent leaking any air

IMG_1451_zpsc2kbejrk.jpg

Edited by jumping350