Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

:lol: I know ive got a few! initially I wanted front and rear but 2 x go pro is a lot of dollar.to shell out, so happy with what I got.

I should have front/rear/outside views now an one can go in the scooby.

I think 3 out of the 4 are 1080hd...im going to be a youtube warrior now....from multiple angles :lol:

Just make sure you don't capture your own crash on camera like some of these guys do once they put cameras in their cars & start trying to prove something.

A camera looking at the front wheels would be cool though as you're driving around especially if you could see the brake discs glow under some heavy use. B) Always wanted to set a camera up to capture that. ;)

ive got nothing to prove :lol:

that is one of my chosen views GM. im going to buy some go pro mounts though as don't trust the cheapo ones, i like the rear spoiler view aswell

I bought the GoPro suction cup mount for my camera and it's fantastic. Rated to over 150mph on the outside of a vehicle so most definitely shouldn't fall off unless you're pushing those sorts of speeds or more. :scare::D

so put the day aside for wheel fitting/testing day....its gone wrong 20 minutes in and im done :lol:

Take it this is no good

WP_000117_zpsobtpv54e.jpg

WP_000119_zpsescgqwwt.jpg

I do have a 20mm spacer hidden behind there so according to my calculations when that comes out ive ended up with correct offsets all the way round with no spacers :shrug: cant get spacers off as my mate has my breaker bar so testing day over :dry:

so Rota GTR 18 rear alloys are the correct offset for the front and not the rear and the original Rota fronts are the wrong offset too :surrender::lol:

Anyhow im happy now I don't have to run any spacers and went with 275/35/19 Michelin on the rear and 255/40/18 Pirelli Pzero on the front (I like them)

I drove it in and out of the garage and the TCS didn't play up do you think il be ok? :lol:

Anyway for anyone thats interested Rota GTR 19s on the rear and 18s on the front with Concave all the way round B) (pictures dont do it justice and car is filthy)

WP_000116_zpsbvzj6sdr.jpg

WP_000115_zpsklemgw5a.jpg

WP_000113_zpsvlo0x2rf.jpg

Edited by jumping350

Thanks GM, they are the same on each axle :lol: I thought that was ok, ive been doing that for 5 years now :wacko::)

If it works for you and still handles how you want it to then it's up to you.

Just bear in mind that generally it's not a good idea to have mismatched tyres even if they are the same on each axle.

For example with different tread patterns, construction strength etc you could be setting your vehicle up to be unstable or even dangerous like if the fronts grip more than the rear or vice a versa under braking/cornering etc.

Personally I'd say you should have the same make/type/model of tyre on each side, front to back. Safest way to be imo. :thumbs:

good point I have thought about that but have always felt quite confident on the pirellis on the front so just went for them, im just in test phase anyway to see if the TCS would mess up and thankfully it hasn't yet so at least I know I have the right tyre sizes front to back.

Once the main install happens (hopefully in a month or so) and its off the dyno il prob swap the fronts for the same as the rears just as you say to keep things balanced :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Today the last of the parts arrived, its a weird feeling when you finally actually have everything and all that is left is install!!

Fuel bucket O ring, BOV filter, new plastic idler pulley (that keyser must of butchered running 500bhp :lol::p ) fuel injector bits a 3.12 pulley and a new OCC which the bottom comes off to custom make a baffled can.

WP_000165_zpsy5btmwp1.jpg

next stop .....install :wacko:

• Like 1

I am indeed...only because there is nothing left to buy :lol:and first I have to sort out those bloody plenum bolts :wacko:

Yes I did see that thread, ...can't help though so didn't bother commenting. Hopefully Wasso or someone will know. :)

I'm sure that you are going to love the Zed even more once you get all this kit you've bought fitted. It'll be even more rewarding for you as you've waited so long.

Hope all goes well bud. :thumbs:

• 5 weeks later...

not updated for a while, but after messing around with spraying the lip on my bumper for a month i decided to try and do it properly and pop it back on the car, this time I done it in 2 stages to make sure it was better than last time

Stage 1 lip

WP_000178_zps29kk6aeh.jpg

Stage 2 Fog light holes

WP_000179_zps0ro6iyg1.jpg

and back on the car ready for some summer driving (and a wash :lol: ) I was trying to dull the Veilside down a bit and makes it not so in your face not sure if it has worked :lol:

IMG_1008_zpsfakrkj8z.jpg

IMG_1011_zpsk9d61zb3.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the veilside bumper normally but I think adding the black has really worked, look great now :thumbs:

+1 on this. The VS bumper needs to be fitted with the right bodykit parts to work - and you're workin' it baby :dance:

• 3 weeks later...

So started on the brakes (funny as this was the first mod I wanted to do when go the car 5 years ago :lol: )

ye olde pieces of crap :lol:

IMG_1018_zpsfdknuric.jpg

Didnt realise how much bigger two piece rotors are :scare:

IMG_1019_zpsgpbuwkpz.jpg

Finally its on there :yahoo:

IMG_1020_zpsge1qclsd.jpg

Braided line routed though the P clip is wrong hole size :wacko: so have just routed it for now till a bigger P clip turns up

IMG_1021_zpsgflazfof.jpg

After a lot of cleaning got the clip out and installed the braided line

IMG_1022_zpsbnuhmg8f.jpg

Loving it. and the hub of the disc is gold and shows through the extra holes in the Rota B) think I need gold nuts now maybe

IMG_1028_zpsfhn5lguu.jpg

IMG_1029_zpsbx2vz9xv.jpg

IMG_1031_zps7slgqtur.jpg

I would like to say it went trouble free, well it did expect I nearly crashed into end of garage as I forgot about the pedal and that it had no pads! then walked in to the garage door and the mrs is debating taking me to hospital or not for stitches :lol:

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

cheers GM, yup on my head caught it on the corner of the garage door (it must have lowered slightly) Mrs took me in last night and they just put butterfly things on it.

looks like ive been hit in the head with an axe :lol:

Has your Type R turned up yet ? :dry::)

Edited by jumping350

cheers GM, yup on my head caught it on the corner of the garage door (it must have lowered slightly) Mrs took me in last night and they just put butterfly things on it.

looks like ive been hit in the head with an axe :lol:

Has your Type R turned up yet ? :dry::)

If people ask about the head injury you know what to say: "You should see the other guy" :teeth::boxing:

Oh and yes I picked up the CTR last Sunday. Been waiting for this weekend to give it a good going over and then will take some pictures. ;)