Japfest 2 - Sunday 17th August 2014 - Mixed Z Event

When is payment needed for the tickets? I have seen the email address in the first post, so assume PayPal is okay? What needs to be included with the payment (Details, username, car etc)?

EDIT: Although I'd spotted there was an address, I never read it. Kinda self explanatory that PayPal is acceptable :doh::bang:

Cheers, Ian :)

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

Hi all. Initially Japfest 2 had an early bird offer on the Club bookings aswell as for public entry but they seem to have scrapped that now and settled on a straight up £13 per person. THIRTEEN.

Now more clubs are getting people together, they arent going to change it again otherwise there will be a war on lol.

I've just pulled the 350Z forum list here so you know exactly how much. Please pay through paypal (as gift so neither of us get charged) to the email address paypal@zxclub.net

I will foot the £5 recorded delivery charge to get tickets etc to myself, and will hand them out to you at the show.

Bear with me - the table pasted ok but didnt post ok lol

Edited by sexycrayola

Grundy225 1Ticket 1 Track £38.00

A9H-RX 1Ticket £13.00

Sarahhp18 1Ticket £13.00

Stu_2424 2Ticket £26.00

Gudzy 1Ticket 1 Track £38.00

14N 1Ticket £13.00

Edd20022 1Ticket £13.00

Ridz 2Ticket £26.00

_BR1TT0N_ 1Ticket £13.00

Lyndzzz 2Ticket £26.00

Not that I'm aware, but I'll have a word with the Forum Elders in Wales and see if there are any banners etc that I, or anyone else, can bring along.

EDIT: Looks like Grundy's bringing it :)

Edited by 14N

I might be interested in a track session. I've never been on track in a road car (and certainly not my own), so would be 'taking it easy' to say the least! :lol:

I've been to Donnington a number of times following MotoGP, BSB and WSBK, but have not been round the track. So this opportunity looks to be a no brainer for £25.

I'm just concerned that there'll be Impreza, Evo and Civic Type R drivers wanting to prove their cars are faster than a Zed (my Zed) which would probably result in the red mist creeping in and me parking up un-gracefully in the kitty litter. Or even worse, damaging my Zed :thumbdown:

Any thoughts/comments from the guys that have done similar track time, with Joe Public in their own cars (not dedicated track days etc)?

I might be interested in a track session. I've never been on track in a road car (and certainly not my own), so would be 'taking it easy' to say the least! :lol:

I've been to Donnington a number of times following MotoGP, BSB and WSBK, but have not been round the track. So this opportunity looks to be a no brainer for £25.

I'm just concerned that there'll be Impreza, Evo and Civic Type R drivers wanting to prove their cars are faster than a Zed (my Zed) which would probably result in the red mist creeping in and me parking up un-gracefully in the kitty litter. Or even worse, damaging my Zed :thumbdown:

Any thoughts/comments from the guys that have done similar track time, with Joe Public in their own cars (not dedicated track days etc)?

I'm the same, have told myself not to do it unless we can reach a Zed only session.

• Like 1

Ignore the morons and drive to your own ability is my recommendation. Most track day accidents in my experience are through driver error and only involve the driver who made the error, there are briefings beforehand, with a strict set of rules you must follow (Only overtake on straights, only on the left or right depending on the track, no overtaking in braking points before corners, etc.) so for the most part, everyone sticks to those rules and bobs your aunties husband. You get the odd dick head obviously, but I just ignore them. Besides that, one of the rules is 'no racing' lol.

• Like 1

Ignore the morons and drive to your own ability is my recommendation. Most track day accidents in my experience are through driver error and only involve the driver who made the error, there are briefings beforehand, with a strict set of rules you must follow (Only overtake on straights, only on the left or right depending on the track, no overtaking in braking points before corners, etc.) so for the most part, everyone sticks to those rules and bobs your aunties husband. You get the odd dick head obviously, but I just ignore them. Besides that, one of the rules is 'no racing' lol.

Yup this. I've been on open track sessions before, and you do get lots of hotheaded hatchbacks undertaking you on corners etc.

But Japfest was the first club session I'd been on, and the standard was amazing, everyone was respectful.

All you have to do, is if you see someone who wants to over take, LET HIM, slow down, let him pass, and then carry on having an awesome time! :thumbs:

• Like 2