Core Strut Brace

Mopedmark

Wow really nice, very tempting. The relationship with the OEM airbox is seamless, nice bit of kit mark and I love the polished centre piece. Are there any implications having a plenum spacer? The reason I ask is because I for one have the H-Dev kit which raises the strut brace using spacers. Additionally do you know if it would install ok with the K&N Typoon kit? It looks like my heat shield could be in the way?

I like this a lot and am intersted but I guess it wont fit if you have a RARE JDM engine cover and an ARC catch can as I do. Can you confirm this.

Payco

Ceejay29 you will need to send me good pictures I may be able to adjust/ get around it :thumbs: thanks for liking it, at the moment they fit with original strut with OEM air box or pop charger ad27a3bb946977de9bcea764fa29c832_zps4bfcf275.jpg5e78a18f08caa4c1dd70852513999c48_zps27b09275.jpg

The opposite side stays the same :thumbs:

I may be able to assist with 2 questions ive just seen.

Aftermarket air filters/pop charger style systems should be no problem. The majority I have seen sit lower than the OEM airbox in the engine bay so should clear the brace fine. The only issue may be if you have a heat-shield to the side as this looks like it could touch the bar, but these could always be trimmed down to allow the bar clearance as theyre usually very thin metal.

Rare JDM Engine Cover. From the looks of the pictures, this looks fine too. I don't know the technical terms, but look at the image above, and note how far the OEM engine cover comes, it covers the entire plenum, and then a few inched more, where all the belts etc. sit.

5e78a18f08caa4c1dd70852513999c48_zps27b09275.jpg

Now here's a photo with just the Rare JDM engine cover in, notice that you can now actually see the area before that you couldn't?

rareJDM.jpg

Maybe Mopedmark could offer his view based on the pictures, but id say it would clear both items fine. However, as 14N said, a ARC catch can mounted as shown in the image would definitely be in the way.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 2

Some pop charger covers may need a little tweek but hey this is all about Custom, I changed the colour of my support braces the other day instead of just purple I added the Flashes :lol:ad27a3bb946977de9bcea764fa29c832_zps4bfcf275.jpg27200d4dfa8e5a9e01114cd57f0abcbc_zps2cf62eb0.jpg2b6256c3ecf89f8cc640f325d72589f3_zps8db03af3.jpg

This is how she looks now :thumbs:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...