Had Car 4 Wheel Aligned...Wow!

roscopervis

• 3 weeks later...

Had a reply from Alan turner, £40+vat for 4 wheel alignment for those that were interested. He's on holiday till 22nd though!

I would be up for that. :thumbs:

Anything happening with this, or do we just arrange it individually? After having a bit of a drive yesterday I really think I need my alignment checked out.

Fantastic price mate. A full race setup with testing inbetween cost 300quid but that includes corner weights. So even with that excluded Iyok got a good deal.

Can you post up your geo sheet as others with OEM setups may benefit������

Here's mine if it means anything to you boffins.

Apparently the VAG Beissbarth system is the best one you can get, :thumbs:

u3eseta3.jpg

Nice sharing yours alignment printout and looks shockingly like you were way off and most of the geo has been restored to stock range but I am concerned that your right front parameter is way off the left suggesting something is wrong.

Could be the bushes, failed damper or bent control arm; all guess work at this point so please investigate.

Off course your car will feel better to drive coming from the boat settings you had before😎

I would be surprised if there is a problem as the garage never said anything was way out.

Since then the car been to Ross at Japex for a P1 and he went through it and did a full condition report with

no reported problems and its also had a recent MOT. :scare: :scare:

I'm going to try get booked in for next week, I'll mention that there are other people interested. I can't really see there being a group buy discount though as it's already so cheap!

Hi BJ not after a huge group discount but was up for a Leeds owners meet, you gone off that idea?

The guy at Avia does full corner weighting too. He's been involved in Motorsport for years and has built and set up and raced lots of single seaters. That obviously costs more, its basically charged by the hour. Funny thing is though it's just as much an art as a science with him, no print out but he was showing me exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it, using the standard 'book' geometry as a base (1st go) then tweaking it to make it drive better. I just wish I understood it better!

I've been places before that's had all the kit with the print outs, but if the operator didn't know exactly why he was going what he was doing, then it's just a bunch of green boxes on a screen.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

i had mine checked out by him as well - he doesn't need all the fancy geo printouts (though its nice to look at)

Mine was innitially showing an annomaly, with slight out on the chasis, but had been corrected at the factory - so he said all perfectly correct and normal.

As i recall he charged me £25 because other than checking it he didn't do anything

top guy :thumbs:

I'm going to try get booked in for next week, I'll mention that there are other people interested. I can't really see there being a group buy discount though as it's already so cheap!

Hi BJ not after a huge group discount but was up for a Leeds owners meet, you gone off that idea?

Sure if that's what people want to do. Can anyone geniunely interested send me a PM and I'll try sort it out? Maybe a drive out in the country after if it's a nice day?

Guys, had this reply from Andy turner makes sense I guess

It would be more beneficial if each car could be booked in separately. If then there is any problems that arise on any particular car there is then the time to rectify this and discuss available options etc. The problem with block bookings makes this more difficult without causing a backlog of waiting.

Regards

Andy Turner

• 2 months later...

Just to update this, I finally got round to getting my alignment done at Andy Turners. Nice guy and a real Motorsport enthusiast.

It's totally transformed my car, no more skittishness, feels really planted now and the front end turns in sharper. Only charged me £40 too, bargain.

Got my recommendation anyway if you Yorkshire guys are still looking to get a geo setup done.

It's the next job on my list to visit him when get car back, having new fan fitted at the mo, 33 degrees in a queue at Le Mans for 90 mins killed the last 1 it would seem.

I'll have a Yorkshire meet up on me own then!!!!

• 2 months later...

At last got round to sorting this out at Andy Turners, taken the zed & the shed over last 2 days, £40 cash each.

Both cars handling a lot better now, wish I'd done it earlier, a little money well spent.

Just to update this, I finally got round to getting my alignment done at Andy Turners. Nice guy and a real Motorsport enthusiast.

It's totally transformed my car, no more skittishness, feels really planted now and the front end turns in sharper. Only charged me £40 too, bargain.

Got my recommendation anyway if you Yorkshire guys are still looking to get a geo setup done.

Excellent price.... I am over in Darlington so not too much of a major haul over to Leeds area. Did you need to pre-book?

Also, anyone know if "Falcon Performance engineering" over at Middlesbrough do 4 wheel and what kit they use?

Cheers

• 4 years later...

Just to resurrect this thread and thoroughly recommend Andy Turner Motor Engineering in the Leeds area. This guy knows his stuff and is a perfectionist (and also has the neatest garage I've ever seen). Had a few issues loosening some of the adjustment bolts but wouldn't give up and even used the heat torch where he could.

He uses Jamag laser alignment.

Was there about 90 minutes and he charged £50

• Like 1