Smudge returns!

smudgedon

Evening lads and lasses!

Been a while since I was last on here - life decided to take me on a bit of a ride and took up almost every hour of my day for a very long time. So apologies to people who tried to get in touch through here and other means

Without boring you all, I sold my beloved Zed back in September 2013 as I was planning to move my entire life over to Canada to be with the girlfriend of 5 years, as she'd moved over there with her family earlier in the year. Selling the Zed was heartbreaking but it had to be done, along with selling my flat and qutting my job which put my career on hold until I got out to Canada, which I was planning on doing in January 2014

I'd flown over to Canada to see her in November, lined up an apartment for us, job prospects, engagement ring and basically getting everything ready for my move in January. Not everyday you give your life up to move half way across the world for someone. And I am never moaning about the weather in the UK again after I experienced 2 weeks of snow, when it got to a "nippy" -34 degrees Celcius!

So, all set to go right? Wrong...just a few weeks before I was supposed to fly out there, she asked if we could "have a talk". We all know what that means! But I didn't realise it was as serious as it was. She'd been out the night before and slept with a complete randomer, despite only having her engagement ring on for a matter of weeks. Clearly moving your entire life 4,500miles across the world isn't good enough for some people, and of course I won't be going over there to be with someone who doesn't appreciate it!

So the last few months have been getting back on track. I bought myself a "cheap runaround" which happened to be a Mazda RX8. Lovely car for £1200, even if she is a bit thirsty on fuel and oil. New job started last week and hopefully able to move out of my nan's place in the next few weeks when I'm able to buy another place

All in all, a pretty @*!# time, but I've had massive support from my friends and family around me. I know there are some people on here that have tried to contact me over the past 6 months or so and I can only apologise that I haven't been able to reply or make any efforts to be in touch

I'm planning to be at Castle Coombe for Japfest, so will have a look at the Zed stand and say hello :)

Maybe I'll even return back to the Zed badge one day...who knows?!

Ouch buddy! Being cheated on is always a horrible feeling! Feel for you on that one, but at least it wasn't a few years down the line once your life had settled over there etc.

That is the only blessing I've been able to take from the whole thing, although if it was a few years down the line and she told me, I reckon I could just let it go

The worst part is that after giving absolutely all I could for her, she couldn't give me a reason why she did it. And then wasn't even willing to try and fight for me to still go over there, so it was just so obvious that I wasn't wanted for whatever reason and decided to stay in the UK

Ouch buddy! Being cheated on is always a horrible feeling! Feel for you on that one, but at least it wasn't a few years down the line once your life had settled over there etc.

That is the only blessing I've been able to take from the whole thing, although if it was a few years down the line and she told me, I reckon I could just let it go

The worst part is that after giving absolutely all I could for her, she couldn't give me a reason why she did it. And then wasn't even willing to try and fight for me to still go over there, so it was just so obvious that I wasn't wanted for whatever reason and decided to stay in the UK

it sucks so hard and hurts like hell. And unfortunately there's always unanswered questions. Best thing to come out of it is all you need to think about is yourself now :) do your own thing, spend your money on what you want Etc and just enjoy life again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

it sucks so hard and hurts like hell. And unfortunately there's always unanswered questions. Best thing to come out of it is all you need to think about is yourself now :) do your own thing, spend your money on what you want Etc and just enjoy life again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly that mate :thumbs:

Was the worst I have ever felt, took 2 weeks off work and literally looked myself in my house for nearly 6 days, turned my phone off and just cut off everything. But after I was through that I just decided that I need to make myself better and stronger than I was before, and if I could alter my entire life for another person, imagine how I can alter it for myself. Won't be easy and will be a long time yet until I'm where I want to be, but I'll get there

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

Doogy, I'm afraid I won't be joining you in Canadialand my friend! Although I think we established we'd still be about 2000miles apart? :lol:

2000 miles, thats like driving across Birmingham for us Canadians . . although the views are way better here . . as long as you drive round Saskatchewan as thats flat as a witches t1t

Cheers guys :)

Doogy, I'm afraid I won't be joining you in Canadialand my friend! Although I think we established we'd still be about 2000miles apart? :lol:

2000 miles, thats like driving across Birmingham for us Canadians . . although the views are way better here . . as long as you drive round Saskatchewan as thats flat as a witches t1t

I will miss places like Calgary, Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains in general, some EPIC views

And the whole Canadian lifestyle seemed pretty sweet and laid back. Some people said I should still go, I've still got my visa and probably could still start the job I had set up, but just wouldn't be the same

I may be bias... But for us life is way better here. IMO you would be a mug not to do it if you have the opportunity. Canada is a big place.... So no worries about bumping in to anyone you dont want to (unless you move next door :surrender: )

I may be bias... But for us life is way better here. IMO you would be a mug not to do it if you have the opportunity. Canada is a big place.... So no worries about bumping in to anyone you dont want to (unless you move next door :surrender: )

Nah, it will forever be associated with her. Was supposed to be our new life and a new start in a new country. So being out there completely on my own just wouldn't cut it, and I'd miss everything I left back home. At least when I was leaving people before, I would have had her and her family to help me settle in

Alreet bonny lad! Nothing ventured nothing gained, at least you gave it a shot which makes you an awesome human being. Maybe after being screwed about by all the wrong people she will realise what she had and come back to England to find you then you can give her a taste of her own medicine.

As quite a few of my mates would say, get yourself over to Thailand kid......or......get on the POF lad, it's the future!

Anyways nice to see ya back man, I'll be at Japfest like so definitely come and have a crack.

Would any reason she gave you make you feel any better about the situation, I seriously doubt it, in the past I pushed for answers and not liked what I found out!

In reality it also doesnt matter, as you say, anyone than can do that to someone isnt worthy of what you have to offer! When you meet someone else you will think, thank god I didnt move to Canada ;)