Connecting up the wing mirrors to the remote central locking

350Satch

Hi folks. Just joined today. Got a '04 350Z GT last month and am looking at changing a few things. I would like to have the wing mirrors retract when I leave my car at the work car park. It's full of biffs swinging their doors open into the bodywork of adjacent cars. Has anyone done this yet? Thought it would have been something they would do at the factory.

Cheers

Has been discussed before, but no ones seems to know how to do it. It must be possible as lomoto says its an option on JDM cars, so the wiring mst be there. Just need to find out what box of tricks does it.

I am sure the wiring will be the but the problem with all things on modern cars is that it all controlled by the CANBUS. Using the old systems it would be easy to trigger a signal to the mirrors for the locking but its much harder now.

I suspect the option on the JDM means you can go to a dealer and get them to plug in their computers and set it up. I doubt this feature is enabled on the European computers otherwise they would offer it as an option here too.

with mine all i have to do is switch the mirror control on to the right side and they will fold wiv the central locking........ :)

Is that the standard rocker switch which is left to fold in, right to fold out and middle to do nothing? So you switch it to the right (fold out) and when you lock the car they fold in automatically?

Anyone else confirm this?

with mine all i have to do is switch the mirror control on to the right side and they will fold wiv the central locking........ :)

Is that the standard rocker switch which is left to fold in, right to fold out and middle to do nothing? So you switch it to the right (fold out) and when you lock the car they fold in automatically?

Stueys is an import like mine :thumbs:

I don't think my import does it but I just do the switch every time. However, I don't use my keyfob to lock the car I have a seperate fob on the new cat 1 alarm that does the whole thing and I'm not sure what would happen if I then pressed the original key fob - any ideas?

I don't think my import does it but I just do the switch every time. However, I don't use my keyfob to lock the car I have a seperate fob on the new cat 1 alarm that does the whole thing and I'm not sure what would happen if I then pressed the original key fob - any ideas?

No :p

lomoto: do the JDM have autoroll down windows from the keyfob like the US cars? And rollup when you lock the car from the key and hold it (i.e. key in the hole, turn and hold?). Seems weird that JDM, UK and US cars have differences like that :wacko:

lomoto: do the JDM have autoroll down windows from the keyfob like the US cars? And rollup when you lock the car from the key and hold it (i.e. key in the hole, turn and hold?). Seems weird that JDM, UK and US cars have differences like that :wacko:

only the mirrors , no window roll up,what do you expect on a £28k car??

Oh sorry a $28k car :blush:

So strange that they have these little differences from market to market. You'd think if they had the controllers to do it they'd fit them too all the cars or non, not some for US, some different ones for JDM and different again for UK :wacko:

So strange that they have these little differences from market to market. You'd think if they had the controllers to do it they'd fit them too all the cars or non, not some for US, some different ones for JDM and different again for UK :wacko:

Yeah, happens in the forklift market too (that's where I work). You'd think commonality of parts and options would reduce costs....

It would be really good if someone can come up with a re-wire for the mirrors on UK cars to open/close either by the ignition or by the remote. :thumbs:

+1 I keep forgetting to put mine in

• 2 weeks later...

Stueys is an import like mine :thumbs:

Mine's an import too, but I have to fold them in manually with the switch.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the main reasons that the JDM can do this and UK models cant is that the area of the ecu that was originally used for the mirrors is taken over for the additional locking needed to satisfy the theiving little scroats here in the UK, eg. deadlocking.

There is a module that was produced to instigate global opening and closing of the windows so I presume this could be adapted to do the mirrors I will have to find out the diagrams and see if it is feesable.

sod it mods can I give people my mates number to people who want their UK wingmirrors done or advice on how to do it, as Im getting fed up with him saying yeh Ill email you the set up and he hasnt bothered :rant: Its been like 3 months. now

Mine was a GT UK Spec, on locking and opening the wing mirrors went in and out, I think Pingu (when we met at TGI Fridays) and Sl114 can verify it, I could be wrong :blush:

Is it illegal to give out info of someones number with out their knowledge?