bloody neighbours

nixy

I am so sick of the neighbours I have had recently. I live on a converted farm so there are 5 different households sharing a driveway where we all have our own parking. The whole lot was originally owned by one guy who sold bits of it off and still owns 2 of the properties. He also owns the driveway and the rest of us have access rights. For the past year and a half he has filled his two houses with Latvian migrant workers who have been a total nightmare - not because they are latvian but because there have been up to 12 of them in one house making noise day and night. They finally packed their bags and left on Friday only to be replaced with the owner's daughter and family who's own house flooded. This may not sound so bad until you find out they have FIVE young kids - all boys with blonde hair - it's like village of the damned!

They have been up and down the driveway constantly on their bikes getting closer and closer to our cars. One of the small ones came up the drive on a bike way too big for him and fell off just near my car, missing it by about a centimetre!!! My nerves are in shreds, the only place my car is safe is while I'm out in it!

Got home last night and I could hear the little swines screaming in the back garden. Next thing I knew they were all sat on my shed roof staring into my house! I think I want to move house now I'm so sick of it. I will never ever share an access again no matter how nice the house is!

Rant over!

Now where's my air rifle........................

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder they are looking in Nixy..... :p

My folks are in a similar situation. They share a long private driveway with a neighbour and have there own drive to park the cars. My folks drive is built to take 11 cars so is rather big. Loads of random kids come to cycle on the long drive but use their drive to swing bikes round. My Mum has lost it a few times as we all like our cars (mine is sometimes arked there when I'm away) and she is terrified something happens.

I like it when parents come to complain my mum has upset there kids. I've answered and explained that this is a private residence. They have go arsey so I've asked them to leave details so I can send the bill for damage to their house, or alternatively I'll come and play on their driveway!

Anyway, just tell the little sh*ts to F*ck off.

Have you ever seen that film Dennis with the little blonde haired monster in it - well there's five of them. And exactly what you said happens at your mum's happens at ours - every brat in the village thinks they can ride up the long drive then do a spin at the end flicking stones up everywhere. I might sneak out tonight and put some broken glass on top of the fence. God I love kids..............

Get the guns out!

My drive at home is similar. I live in a converted Barn and there are 4 other houses that share the drive. We have the right hand side as our garage is there and the front of our house as you can see. The other houses share the left side in the photo and one has a garage where the golf is.

snow07.jpg

They all complained about my car being in front of the house at times as they said it was hard for them to park on their side. I told them kindly to take some lessons in parking. We dont really get kids down the drivet as it is off the main road, however the next door has a couple of kids, who like to drive bikes and do skids, they got a good telling off once.

I know just how you feel Nixy and s|114 - I live in an unadopted cul-de-sac of 10 houses where over half are now being let and I regret that the short term tenants with undiscplined kids simply do not have the same values. The situation has got so bad that we are now moving and where the potential for car damage can be minimized. I have recently found scratches on the bonnet of the ZED - whether that's from where the kids delight in sliding down the bonnets or from the local feline population I do not know - but I now need a good car detailer. :angry: (when I have moved!)

ps: Nixy: 10 blokes in one house breaches planning rules - if you want more on that PM me.

they've gone now but thanks anyway. I was just about to go down the route of finding out if he had a licence to use it as an HMO - never imagined the owners family would be more of a pain than a massive gang of latvian youths!

I can empathise Nixy, my street is full of older people yet the kids from the neighbouring estates love playing in ours.

I ended up building a driveway last year.

Mrs rmmackfc has to deal with them as I just lose it with. When I was building the driveway some of them decided to take some of my sand, the funny thing was the Mrs made them put it all back.....whilst I wanted them to eat it :dry:

Can't you hire/adopt for a few weeks a nicely trained german sheppard or pitbull terrier, that barks and threatens the life out of people ( but does not bite, of course...) I always foud this a great detterrent... to be honest a really barky labrador with a sense of territory protection will do as well.

I bet you the kids will think twice about getting close to your property...

:evil:

Can't you hire/adopt for a few weeks a nicely trained german sheppard or pitbull terrier, that barks and threatens the life out of people ( but does not bite, of course...) I always foud this a great detterrent... to be honest a really barky labrador with a sense of territory protection will do as well.

I bet you the kids will think twice about getting close to your property...

:evil:

You need a mate who is a police dog handler. The german sheppards they have a very good at scaring people away as they can be made to bark on command. Seen them get rid of Jehovah’s Witnesses first hand :thumbs:

Seen them get rid of Jehovah’s Witnesses first hand :thumbs:

What about the Jehovah’s Witnesses other hand.... or did it leave it alone :lol:

They ran away and he didnt like the taste of them so didnt give chase :teeth::lol:

You should get a dog that barks at them nixy best thing I got a Doberman and a Rottweiler as Sl114 saw and no one comes near the house :thumbs:

No, had enough of it now. It's a shame because I have a beautiful barn conversion and I don't think I'll get a nicer house but I just can't stand sharing the access anymore. Had a day off work on monday and it was a nightmare - not so much noise or anything but just brats up and down the track and throwing stones - TOWARDS the cars. If one of them gets my car I'll murder them! The time has come to sacrifice gorgeous house for outside privacy! At least I'll get my double garage now so me and son can park Z and motorbike inside! :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Would a good car cover not help? Changing your house to protect the car seems extreme so I guess it's more than just the car?