upRev booked

Grundy

Just bear in mind that power has been dialled back slightly in gears 1-3 for a reason and the uprev will remove that.

Roundabouts + heavy right foot + TCS off + Uprev = :scare:

No power restriction actually, it's a slight time delay between pedal and throttle body movements, giving the impression of a little less power :)

Really? In the 350z I thought it was 65%, 65%, 80% of max power in gears 1-3 respectively controlled at the ECU level rather than throttle body. But I'm no technician...

I thought this too, would be interested to know what's correct

The best way it was described to me was that, as standard, it is mapped for a lazy throttle response in the first three gears. I think it was Mark at Abbey who said imagine the throttle being operated by an elastic band in those gears, i.e. slow to respond in the first stage of pushing. The percentages are just ways of indicating the sort of impact it has.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going tomorrow for a spacer, filter, Uprev and berks cats. Been looking forward to this for a while :yahoo:

Interested to hear your feedback on actual changes to performance, driveability and fun factor after the upgrades tomorrow.

just click on my link in this thread for an honest review.

#teamtarmac

I looked at the thread and from I can gather peoples feeling seem to go from being ripped off to driving a new car. It must vary from car to car and what bolt-on mods you have done at the same time. I'm keeping my expectations realistic, it's not like I'm adding a turbo so I don't expect to be pushed back in seat sooner. I would expect you might only measure the difference over lap times as oppose to trying 'feel' the difference which is very subjective. My RX8 felt as fast as the 350z, maybe even faster as power isn't as linear but by no means was it anywhere near as fast when I look down at the speedo or when my mate's Tdi can no longer rape me at the lights :lol:

I looked at the thread and from I can gather peoples feeling seem to go from being ripped off to driving a new car. It must vary from car to car and what bolt-on mods you have done at the same time. I'm keeping my expectations realistic, it's not like I'm adding a turbo so I don't expect to be pushed back in seat sooner. I would expect you might only measure the difference over lap times as oppose to trying 'feel' the difference which is very subjective. My RX8 felt as fast as the 350z, maybe even faster as power isn't as linear but by no means was it anywhere near as fast when I look down at the speedo or when my mate's Tdi can no longer rape me at the lights :lol:

Exactly, please don't go in there expecting a brand new feel to the drive as I did after reading several reviews and comments of other peoples maps.

I had good gains, but figured I'd feel it more. I had all the mods you needed.

But at the end of the day, numbers are numbers, and when I get my new engine, I'll be getting it mapped again.

I'm not really doing it for the numbers, I'm doing it for the exploitation of the mods, and just to add a little more driveability to the car. The numbers are always interesting, but ultimately, having done all the N/A mods possible (bar the clutch and flywheel) for performance without boring, or any other big engine works it seems daft to have done all the breather mods without getting an uprev.

The milltek and decats will just be a nice bit of noise too :D

• 3 weeks later...

All installed, and sounding sublime! I know that it'll bed in a little over time, but although it is fairly standard at idle, on load it sounds great!

The remap really does make a noticeable difference. It's not "OMG" faster or anything like that, it's just significantly more responsive. And for a 10 year old (nearly) car, the fact that she's still hitting near on 290 is brilliant.

Jez and Craig are great lads, and thank you for setting me up in the conference room and letting me get on with some work - though I did pop out from time to time to see what's going on! :) Thank you for your work and making me grin all the way home!

Still so many upgrades to do.... One thing at a time I guess! :D

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 4