cobra non-resonated exhaust

drginger

Good evening!

I currently run a cobra resonated exhaust which I really like but was thinking about slipping a non resonated mid pipe in for the summer months to enjoy.

I have searched loads on here and most people seem to go resonated too but I can't find too much on people who actually run a non res so has anyone had any experience who has had both types and can compare?

I really want to know how much worse the 2.5k drone is to live with and how much better ( if it is ) does it sounds when giving it the beans.

Any links to non resonated vids with standard cats would also be great!

Cheers,

Ian.

• 4 years later...
On 08/03/2014 at 09:52, drginger said:

Anyone know how much just the straight through mid pipe would cost to buy on its own?

Resurrecting an old thread here, is it possible to get hold of a cobra non-res mid pipe? I have a rattle in my resonated one that’s driving me mad! 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe controversial, but:

I bought my car with a Cobra non-res (cat back) and hated it. So much drone for me. In sixth gear got terrible drone 65-75mph, terrible for cruising at those speed on motorway journeys.

Ive since had a Fujitsubo; much better almost no drone at any speed; and then an Amuse titianium exhaust imported; even better still!