New hood

Clive J

• 1 year later...
We've found a place in Garden City on Deeside that will do ours for £675, having it done late July.

Pete

Keith The Trim? Chester Autotrim?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's the one.

Pete

• 9 months later...

I was hoping to get hood repaired on 57 plate - split by hood joints - but having seen the photos I am now going to go for new Mohair one!

Would be grateful if anyone could recommend a good company to supply and fit in Midlands or North West.

Or any reviews on "The Soft Top Shop" in Stockport; "Autotrimmer" in Milton Keynes; or "Car Hoods Northern", Lymm.

Many thanks

• 1 year later...
On 22/06/2016 at 14:48, Paul K said:

Carhood warhouse in Chessington is were I had mine done.

£850 all in...new rear glass, and it looks supurb

Thanks for this. I went there too and as you say perfect fit and looks superb. 350z-2.jpg.afc0f4c1f20f8d6aa7727b774a29cc12.jpg350z-1.jpg.134b8f132aeae956854f54d954e44013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 28/04/2019 at 09:12, ZMANALEX said:

If you want a proper job then a new hood is required I am afraid, however, if you are not fussed about appearance then it could be patched over, but it will not be pretty.

Best to get a new Mohair IMHO.

Hi Alex , for the little use the car gets ( and garaged winter) I’m just going to patch up. Could you Poss recommend a strong adhesive to stick the corners down?

thanks Yas

14 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

You could try Aquasure.

it is a waterproof Urethane Adhesive and works well.

Any repair will not be pretty but this stuff is very effective.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Thanks as ever! You’re a star.

will give it a go and report back with pics.

• 10 months later...

Just did mine. Must have taken me about 8 hours. I have burgundy mohair on silver grey car now and it looks the business and goes up and down smoothly. Mazda Hood store supplied it.  I watched the YouTube video many times and also found the Nissan instructions. One nasty problem encountered was both side tension wires broken at the front A pillar end and corrosion at the point this secures on one side. I guess at 15 years old it was letting damp in. I found a work around to fix that.

I have the old one for the tip unless I should save the rear window for someone.