feeling sluggish

dazzer-b

hi,

i have a semi auto jdm 2003 zed, when im driving i can feel like power is not all there, and sometimes it even feels like i have a turbo or v-tech kick in half way through the rev range where i get almost double the power in the same gear.

any ideas? its been serviced and been checked for error codes but still feels the same.

thanks

Have you tried all the gearbox modes...see if you can feel a difference in all 3 modes. If not it could be that the gearbox has a fault . Is the traction light on at all, as this may prevent full power being delivered. You say that its been recently serviced, was it by a technician who knows 350Z/fairlady,s. Auto boxes in the uk are not well known about as i think there are no UK cars with auto fitted, they are all imports. Might be worthwhile looking at a USA website for 350Z,s as auto,s are found over there a lot.

JohnUKVetteNut

Dont think anything to do with the gearbox has been changed. By all 3 modes do you mean snow, normal and sport? Never really taken it off normal as I drive it kind of in manual, so still changing gears myself.no traction light comes on except for when I believe it should do.

Hi Try sport mode and see if it changes the power surge you get midrange?? if its no different then you are surely right in that the box is OK! Thenn as previously suggested air filter and throttle body clean will eliminate the basics( assuming plugs were changed on last service) Other than that you may need a "Z" mechanic to examine the car. I personally dont have any experience of who to use as I do most of my own work and have not had cause to go elswhere yet! There will be plenty of opinions on here as to who to go to so post a request for Z mechanics in your area!

Best of luck

JohnUKVetteNut