Apple CarPlay

Oh I I hope they'll allow the Google Map App to be used, cos Apple Maps still sucks.

Real life example, put in the postcode for my wedding reception venue into Apple Maps...arrived at destination...30 miles from where was supposed to be

It was a sign... :lol: :lol:

As it's apple there'll be a cheaper looking and feeling android version along shortly after :stir:

Think apple are a bit late with this really. Most android phones have had really good voice controls on them way before apple came out with siri. I can just tell my phone "text wife im running late" or "navigate home" and it does it all automatically.

Oh I I hope they'll allow the Google Map App to be used, cos Apple Maps still sucks.

Real life example, put in the postcode for my wedding reception venue into Apple Maps...arrived at destination...30 miles from where was supposed to be

It was a sign... :lol: :lol:

Sure was...never using Apple Maps ever again....

B) That looks quite cool. and although they may be a bit late with this, I think it was always going to come along.

I will just add it to me Fezzer order in the morning :lol:

It looks a really nice interface on the Volvo but why do you have to plug it in (it mentions the lightning cable) surely it could sync wirelessly

Other thing is do you really want to be on the M3 with the bloke in front checking his twatter feed, answering a text and looking at the weather forecast :wacko:

I have had voice control in the Leon/Jag and had siri on my last 2 phones, never used it ever....

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave

Android has mirror link I think which is supposed to be a cross device standard, as usual apple has to go the proprietary route.

I've just put an AppRadio in my car and although it's not perfect it suits my needs just fine. Much cheaper than a full nav head unit too!