remote central locking no longer works

dazzer-b

Hi all,

recently i cracked the part of my remote that you can put a ring of keys onto so went on ebay and bought a blank key as i only wanted the casing, everything was going great until i went to unlock the car and ............... nothing, i checked the battery was the right way round which it was and everything lined up on the little circuit board, car starts fine but just have to unlock my car with the key every time.

i did find a method you are supposed to follow to reprogramme you're fob, to do with sliding the key in and out of the barrel 6 times etc with the doors locked, when it gets to 5 times the doors unlock themselves which it doesn't say anything about in the guide, also there is another one i read about turning the key from the off to the on position 6 times etc but that does nothing, is there a different procedure you are supposed to follow with JDM's i didnt want to take it to the dealers when all i wanted to do was change the poxy case.

thanks

Sounds quite likely you need to get your key recoded, expensive if done by Nissan but a good independent key company with appropriate coding equipment will be much cheaper. Keys are a bit hit and miss, what works for one doesn't for another, changing batteries should be done In under 30 seconds yet many don't have any problems if it takes 5 minutes etc etc.

Anyone have any ideas of where I can get this done easily (and reasonable value) in London?

The remote is completely faulty. So i will need a new key reprogrammed. My transponder chip within the key still works so I am able to move that across keys in the future.