350z engine seized

zeb

:lol: Used up all my daily likes on this thread!

Glad you got it all sorted, that was darn quick!

Did you source a new engine or fix yours?

Thanks guys

I got a replacment engine as my original engine hand cam damaged so was easier to replace it

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, March 14, 2014 - selling
Hidden by glrnet, March 14, 2014 - selling

Nice one mate, you got it sorted quick :thumbs:

Thank you

Yeah i got a doner car that had been writen off and engine was mint only had 30k on clock :) so got plenty parts if anyone needs anything feel free to PM me

People i have a little problem :(

Car engine is running fine since i have had it installed but i have noticed that when i rev the car in nutural the reves go up as i would expect but as soon as i let go off the pedal the revs dont drop instantly and it takes about 1 second before the rev neadle starts to drop

Is this normal? Or should i be worried?

I have driven a 2006 pre facelift 350z and never noticed the reves to do this

Not normal, try the accelerator release position learning on here ...,

http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

any eml lights showing ? I would start a new thread for this as you will get a better response :thumbs:

Thanks for quick reply mate

No they are no lights on dash and when engine is started and runing while car is standing it sounds all normal

I will try the reset in the morning and if it dosnt work i will make a new thread for this, Do you think its worth making a youtube video and putting the link to that in the new thread?

Not normal, try the accelerator release position learning on here ...,

http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

any eml lights showing ? I would start a new thread for this as you will get a better response :thumbs:

Thanks for quick reply mate

No they are no lights on dash and when engine is started and runing while car is standing it sounds all normal

I will try the reset in the morning and if it dosnt work i will make a new thread for this, Do you think its worth making a youtube video and putting the link to that in the new thread?

I dont think so, you're explanation of the revs being slow to fall is good enough :thumbs:

The rev up motors do hang the revs after blipping the throttle.

Perfectly normal

Cheers Mark, can't say I've noticed it on the 70 but good to know :thumbs:

Is this some sort precursor to the synchro rev ?

Edited by GIXXERUK

Perfectly normal

Thanks for the good new :)

Thats a relief!! I was getting really worried :(

Another small issue is that sometimes i have noticed the car is missing, feels like the clutch has been put down for approx half a second and then car carries on normal. It causes a small judder and losses power, It has happend when im driving in 3rd 4th and 5th gear (not used 6th gear yet lol)

What could be causing this?

Perfectly normal

Thanks for the good new :)

Thats a relief!! I was getting really worried :(

Another small issue is that sometimes i have noticed the car is missing, feels like the clutch has been put down for approx half a second and then car carries on normal. It causes a small judder and losses power, It has happend when im driving in 3rd 4th and 5th gear (not used 6th gear yet lol)

What could be causing this?

Do you mean it's misfiring? Could be plugs or maybe a faulty coil pack.

Has the EML come on? should do if it's a coil pack causing a misfire but not sure if it would if it was down to the plugs. :shrug:

Yes it missfires

But No light comes on dash

Do you think its worth having the spark plugs all changed? Which are best plugs to use?

Do you know when the plugs where changed on the engine by any chance? Should be changed at 54K miles or every 5 years (whichever comes first).

If you can take the plugs out it's worth checking to see if there is any oil on them first. You never know it could be the rocker cover case that has gone & is causing oil to leak onto the plugs possibly causing a misfire?

Not sure where you're based but I'd try to see which garage trader on here is closest to you and send them a PM first before you start spending cash on things that may be ok. It may well be that the spark plugs do need changing but if you ask a pro they may be able to advise you better. Below are the traders I'd try asking;

Mark@ Abbey Motorsport; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/101-abbey-motorsport/

Jez@ Horsham Developments; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/141-horsham-developments/

Mitz@ Cougar Store; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/94-cougar-store/

Ewan@ Clark Motorsport; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/

Im not sure when or if they have been changed. The engine i got put in the car only had 31k on clock but it was from a 2007 350z

I will try removing the old plugs to see if there is any oil on them

Im in the north west of the country not too far from manchester, who is the best garage to contact closest to me?

Thank you