3rd party company for warranty

gstraw

Hey

I'm

Wondering if anyone has taken out a warranty with a 3rd party company like warranty direct or warranty wise?

I'm just thinking in advance in case this car I go to see needs a gearbox replaced?

Quotes seem to be around 750-950 per year but I'm not sure if a full gearbox change will be covered. It does have a list but it may just be parts of the gearbox:

Gearbox:

(including automated manual gearboxes, automatic gearboxes, four wheel drive transfer gearboxes, hybrid transaxles, manual gearboxes and transaxles.)

Automatic transmission brake bands & clutches & modulator valves, drive chains, gearlever, gears, hydraulic gear-shift governors & internal servos & valve blocks, internal bearings & bushes, oil pumps, selector forks, shafts (all, including extension shafts), synchromesh hubs and rings and torque converter.

Thanks for advice.

So the problems with gearboxes was it a certain year or kind? I assume there is not a guarantee that if I do get a dodgy gearbox that if I find one on eBay that won't be dodgy either? Is there things I can do to maintain the gearbox so problems don't arise?

Thanks