My "I'm not gonna mod this car" roadster

Davectr

Ive just read your thread, im loving thr attention to detail and all the hard work.

Can you tell me who did yiur carbon skinning? I want to get several items done.

Cheers

Lee

Apologies mate, another post I missed 😳. Not sure I would recommend the company as the finish isn't the best. I got a good deal at the time for getting quite a bit done at once. I'm currently dealing with a company called Argon Creative who make custom carbon parts, they also do some skinning. They seem like a far superior company, but obviously that will be reflected in the cost.

• 5 months later...

Hi mate, not that I know of at the moment. I haven't done much, have a couple of things in the pipeline which should've been completed last year but I was let down, hopefully should be done by the next meet 😉.

Good choice of new car by the way 😂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I've put anything on here, so here's the latest update. Managed to pick this up for peanuts off fleabay

c15b6b2f3ec1c66352ff706169dc9f99.jpg

Thought it would be fun to try something different. After spending ages looking online for ideas I ended up keeping it quite simple

Had to remove the lights

c66ade3931647d4fc315792f4c9806b9.jpg

Then the original bumper

1551e6b9beddaa4e39d1a6aa18bf7e3f.jpg

Then add this

0fccd722e249fde5edc6abdd87d32aee.jpg

5deac9de0f582e8e120593bc3001065d.jpg

Some fitted pics

686d74ca055ec8bf4c69bbb5e8d08915.jpg

03240622b8ce406f2e7c5e5536cf5ede.jpg

Not 100% convinced I've got it right, but it'll do for now, I can always put the original back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Davectr
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

New to the site, and z cars. I’ve never liked the convertible 370z, that was until now! What an absolutely beautiful job you’ve done, it looks fantastic. Definitely top 5 of all 370z ‘s I have seen. Great job

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 13:09, nissanjuke said:

hi, dave are you still modding that white car for me, my two favourite cars at the moment are my yellow one and yours, maybe I should buy yours for my wife as its an auto?:thumbs:

Hi mate, how you doing? Ha ha, can’t knock you for persIstence :lol:. No, not done anything to it for a while, tbh it hasn’t been out of the garage for months, have had other things on the go - including a grandchild which is time consuming! I almost feel like I need to have a drive up to Glasgow one day so you (and your wife) can have a look in the flesh :thumbs:

IM DOING FINE. Just modding the yellow job, high flow cats on order, maybe a retrim but had have a mystery problem no reverse lights, nobody can find the problem, Nissan said they would have a look but will charge £100 plus vat to diagnose the problem.thats just to look at it, ripp off  :angry:

Spoiler

:rant:

On 02/04/2018 at 10:35, Daztardly said:

New to the site, and z cars. I’ve never liked the convertible 370z, that was until now! What an absolutely beautiful job you’ve done, it looks fantastic. Definitely top 5 of all 370z ‘s I have seen. Great job

Thank you very much :thumbs:

• 5 months later...

Well, it’s been a long time since I added anything to this thread, mainly because I’ve not really used the car much this year. If you’ve read this full build thread you will know I had a bit of a carbon fest a while back and had loads of bits done, one of which was the steering wheel. Now, I loved the look of it but unfortunately the finish of the Carbon sections weren’t really the best (rough edges where it meets the leather). Having picked up a spare steering wheel off R35lee earlier this year I finally got round to having it retrimmed at Royal steering wheels. I decided to go with perforated leather and Alcantara, just for a change. It’s actually a bit thicker then stock and feels really nice. 

DC16148F-B243-489F-8700-FE21B6D314C8.jpeg

63C739FB-1308-4D0E-B1E5-5CB1FBD93607.jpeg

F0E56102-55CB-429C-A215-DC5D9D3B30D3.png

Edited by Davectr

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Can’t believe I’ve not updated this thread in ages, the poor old girl didn’t get out much last year (for a variety of reasons) and is yet to make an appearance this year so far. Bit of a special day last time she came out

62136DD6-872D-4B27-B0DB-CA5E6C5F4768.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I posted a while ago on another thread about wanting to add a rear spoiler, but couldn’t decide what style to go for. It’s taken a while to a) make a decision and b) finally get the work done. I managed to pick up a genuine Nissan spoiler off fleabay for peanuts, which turned out to be cracked down one of the support legs. The seller refunded half my money, so it cost virtually nothing - result:D.

There was quite a bit of work to get it blended in, but I think it was worth the effort 

20661643-08E0-416D-AF06-81F7BE5C8803.jpeg

A948E5E7-7744-4B51-8A97-CFFA50E4C90C.jpeg

9E5BB6E2-EF64-4131-A600-E29B6F3BE8D8.jpeg

Edited by Davectr
  • Like 3