Roof problem-help needed

asif.a

It can still be a problem with the cold in a garage your best to cover it over with a blanket. It's the vinyl roof that stops it closing all the way as it's stiff when trying to fold all the way down. Don't take in nissan they do jack all about the 350 roadsters. Don't no off any one to take it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can still be a problem with the cold in a garage your best to cover it over with a blanket. It's the vinyl roof that stops it closing all the way as it's stiff when trying to fold all the way down. Don't take in nissan they do jack all about the 350 roadsters. Don't no off any one to take it to

Now thats very true. Have a word with CS, I seem to remember he knows someone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bump'd this for an update. Any news or outcome. Im asking as mine is starting to be tempramental too and Ive just bought mine.Been reading on another U.S forume something about the 5th motor is notorious in failing and could be that??

Bump'd this for an update. Any news or outcome. Im asking as mine is starting to be tempramental too and Ive just bought mine.Been reading on another U.S forume something about the 5th motor is notorious in failing and could be that??
hi mate first you want to Grease all the roof mechanism then work the Grease in by pressing the switch open and close .

• 9 months later...

Mine is doing exactly the same, opens no problem then gets 95% of the way but the long U shaped bracket wont engage into the hole with the two rubber covers. Have put lots of grease in the hole, can activate the catch inside with my finger but the bloody bracket wont go in the hole ! lots of pushing pulling and generally moving it about can finally get it in but ive had the roof up and down 30 + times this morning and its gone in twice with a fight and two of us operating it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi just replaced my roof (material) and noticed when closed that there is a small gap between the rubber sealing strip at the bottom and the boot at each side. Seems ok in the middle Any ideas how to fix? Can it be adjusted so that it closes tighter?

• Like 1

Mine was an issue with a burnt out motor, old age... The new motor is being fitted by Sly at Kaiser in Rochester.. He knows his stuff so if you can get down to Kent give him a call.

I took mine to Nissan and they were as much use as a chocolate poker !!