Whats the fastest you havnt done?

Zedrush

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember ever not maybe perhaps exceeding 140 or so in a 350z and this may or may not have been on a public road which could have been called the A59 between Preston and Clitheroe one sunny evening when some dreamer in an IS200 decided to have a go. This would of course have been highly irresponsible so I definitely maybe didn't do it.

I may not have had my M3 convertible on the limiter showing about 160ish at which speed it would allegedly have felt very composed and "not bovvered" and I also never had my chipped Sapphire Cossie showing 160ish on the clock before I had to pull over and top it up with Oil for the 4th time that day :headhurt:

Bikes make all this look very tame however. I may not have had 3 new R1's in a row, each one might not have been quicker than the last and the final one might not have shown me over 170 on several occasions, in fact pretty much every time I rode it !

I also may not have had a new Blade which made me realise how quick R1s actually are, and I may not have had a 999 which made me realise what corners are all about.

One Sunday morning, very early, I rounded a bend into a traditional local bikers meeting place ( Kirby Lonsdale ). I was doing 90, banked a long way over and my toe sliders making a nice display of sparks along the road. As I cleared the bend I spotted PC Plod and his pal hastily deploying the speed camera but sadly they were moments too late and I gave them a cheeky little wave as I passed. This was quite frustrating however as I was busting for a pee and this was at my wee wee stop. I obviously couldn't stop just then, so had to cross my legs - which is a neat trick on a bike - and hold it until I was well away, just in case B)

Anyone that thinks 150 or whatever is silly on a bike really needs to ride one. These sort of speeds are surprisingly easy to attain and come up on remarkably short straights where a quick car could maybe see the ton, and modern bikes have the brakes to match.

Just so I don't sound irresponsible, I would now point out that I have a clean license and firmly believe in "time and place".

And of course, none of this ever actually happened ;)

I (havent) hit the limiter in my 350z at... 120mph :angry: F'ing JDm limiters!!! :rant: I (didnt) hit 165mph in my old RX-7 twin turbo and (never) hit 171mph on my re-jetted Kawasaki Ninja. That WAS a little scary - the carbon fibre decorative surround stuck to the handlebars came unstuck and whacked me in the middle of my helmet visor. Didnt crack the visor tho thank goodness. Oh yeah, and I (didnt) fall off and die. No hang on... I didnt fall off and die! :thumbs:

Slightly off topic, but that last post reminds me of a little "incident" on my wife's bike.

The Wife has a 600 Thundercat and hardly ever rides the poor thing, so one sunny evening I took it out for a blast just to give it a run.

I wasn't rounding a bend next to British Aerospace at Salmesbury at 110mph when I spotted two Pigeons frolicking around in the breeze. All of a sudden I realised they were heading in my direction. The first one swooped straight at me and I ducked my head. It went straight over the top of my helmet leaving the odd feather or two stuck to the vents at the top of my visor, but there was no discernible impact. I had just a moment to count my chickens when it's mate decided it had seen enough of this big bad world and developed suicidal tendencies. It flew straight at me, passing through the gap between the left mirror and the fairing and smacking me square in the left chest and shoulder. I don't know how much Pigeons weigh but at 100+ it hurt like hell :surrender:

When I got back I had to explain to the wife what all the blood and feathers were doing plastered across the front of her pride and joy and realised that was not a good time to ask her to scrub my leathers !

That bike really did catch Pigeons :blush:

140 showing on the clock whilst on the autobahn, so legal then. :teeth:

125 ish on the mountain section of the TT couse in an Audi TT. So legal again.

Two way traffic, no crash barriers, sheep on the side of the road, and no straight bits to speak of, the bends / diviations do come fast at that speed. ( I have a vid of part of this it anyones wants a look )

And a copper went past the other way and never blinked. :p

And I didn't do 130 ish on a RD350LC on the M62 many years ago.

But it did seize-up solid, flat spotting the rear tyre over a couple of hundred yards. :scare:

Ian

I don't remember ever not maybe perhaps exceeding 140 or so in a 350z and this may or may not have been on a public road which could have been called the A59 between Preston and Clitheroe one sunny evening when some dreamer in an IS200 decided to have a go. This would of course have been highly irresponsible so I definitely maybe didn't do it.

I may not have had my M3 convertible on the limiter showing about 160ish at which speed it would allegedly have felt very composed and "not bovvered" and I also never had my chipped Sapphire Cossie showing 160ish on the clock before I had to pull over and top it up with Oil for the 4th time that day :headhurt:

Bikes make all this look very tame however. I may not have had 3 new R1's in a row, each one might not have been quicker than the last and the final one might not have shown me over 170 on several occasions, in fact pretty much every time I rode it !

I also may not have had a new Blade which made me realise how quick R1s actually are, and I may not have had a 999 which made me realise what corners are all about.

One Sunday morning, very early, I rounded a bend into a traditional local bikers meeting place ( Kirby Lonsdale ). I was doing 90, banked a long way over and my toe sliders making a nice display of sparks along the road. As I cleared the bend I spotted PC Plod and his pal hastily deploying the speed camera but sadly they were moments too late and I gave them a cheeky little wave as I passed. This was quite frustrating however as I was busting for a pee and this was at my wee wee stop. I obviously couldn't stop just then, so had to cross my legs - which is a neat trick on a bike - and hold it until I was well away, just in case B)

Anyone that thinks 150 or whatever is silly on a bike really needs to ride one. These sort of speeds are surprisingly easy to attain and come up on remarkably short straights where a quick car could maybe see the ton, and modern bikes have the brakes to match.

Just so I don't sound irresponsible, I would now point out that I have a clean license and firmly believe in "time and place".

And of course, none of this ever actually happened ;)

Which part of the A59 have you been on and not done 160mph?

The bit near British aerospace is nice long and wide strecth of road. ;)

I travel down the A59 around once a month visiting family and i was "spot checked" by the local unmarked impreza STi police car whilst reading the number plate to see where a Porsche 911 turbo was from. ;) Abit further up from BAE, near the "snakes pass" bit.

I have kept up with a few modern bikes on the A59 too. Where theres a dual carraigeway/roundabout/dual carraige/way roundabout, near clitheroe. They pulled away fast but under braking and around the roundabout i caught them up easily enough. All within the speedlimit mind ;)

I think this post could be quite dangerous should the police ever decide to investigate the people who have posted here.. it's happened before on other forums! Putting the word "not" in your post is about as legally sound as adding "allegedly" on the end of some slanderous statement - as Private Eye can attest!

sorry to be a spoilsport :blush:

I think this post could be quite dangerous should the police ever decide to investigate the people who have posted here.. it's happened before on other forums! Putting the word "not" in your post is about as legally sound as adding "allegedly" on the end of some slanderous statement - as Private Eye can attest!

sorry to be a spoilsport :blush:

Theyd have to prove it and non of us have done these speeds just saying what speed we would dream of doing ;)

maybe so but posts like this have backfired on other people on other forums, as it provides evidence of a general attitude of "dangerous" driving to a court should you be up for something serious (ie say you hit and kill someone god forbid - these things do happen and posts like these HAVE been used in court in such cases).. still its up to you what you put in the public domain..

140 showing on the clock whilst on the autobahn, so legal then. :teeth:

125 ish on the mountain section of the TT couse in an Audi TT. So legal again.

Two way traffic, no crash barriers, sheep on the side of the road, and no straight bits to speak of, the bends / diviations do come fast at that speed. ( I have a vid of part of this it anyones wants a look )

And a copper went past the other way and never blinked. :p

And I didn't do 130 ish on a RD350LC on the M62 many years ago.

But it did seize-up solid, flat spotting the rear tyre over a couple of hundred yards. :scare:

Ian

:headhurt: That MUST have hurt! Like being hit by a slightly squidgy brick! I saw a guy get whacked by a hare once. I was at the clubhouse at silverstone watching the superbikes and a hare ran down the side of the track by the starting grid and at the last moment turned 90 degrees and jumped right in front of a passing bike. The thud was followed by the worlds first flying hare!

Saw this on the telebox

Bathurst 2004 will also be remembered in Great Race folklore as the year of the kangaroo, after Jim Richards ploughed at high speed into an unsuspecting 'roo which jumped on to the track.

Well positioned in seventh place two-thirds of the way through the race, Richards had a lucky escape from injury after his Holden hit the large kangaroo at an estimated 190 km/h, killing it instantly and seriously damaging his car.

But 57-year-old Richards was uninjured and managed to keep driving the car back to the pits.

It was eventually repaired with he and son Steven eventually returning to finish 21st, virtually ending Richards junior's V8 Supercar championship hopes.

"We've seen 'roos on the track before but we've never hit one," Jim Richards said.

"When they jump out in front of you, there's not much you can do.

"You don't have too much time to think about things like that (how lucky his escape was) out there. You just keep going."

While kangaroos, a dog and even a horse have wandered on to the Mount Panorama road circuit during previous races, it was the first time an animal had been hit.

"I saw the wildlife all right - it was sitting on the track for the last 60 laps reminding us what had happened. I couldn't believe it," race winner Murphy said of the kangaroo's remains littering the track.

maybe so but posts like this have backfired on other people on other forums, as it provides evidence of a general attitude of "dangerous" driving to a court should you be up for something serious (ie say you hit and kill someone god forbid - these things do happen and posts like these HAVE been used in court in such cases).. still its up to you what you put in the public domain..

I'm not having ago at you but say, i said i've done or even "not" done 150mph in my Zed. Is it still classed as dangerous driving even though i didnt state i was a police officer under supervision or did it on an airfield/trackday/autobahn.

Edit - sorry going alittle off topic. :blush:

putting "not" and little winking smilies in a thread is clearly not going to wash in court if it ever ends there .. and putting you were on a private road called the A59 isn't either.. obviously if you are a police officer under supervision you can provide that evidence in court, and clearly saying that you have hit the rev limiter in germany on the autobahn is not a problem.

anyway I have given my viewpoint and provided a warning, personally I wont be posting any details of my driving habbits..

it may look clever, but it could end in tears ;)

your regular thread will now resume!

putting "not" and little winking smilies in a thread is clearly not going to wash in court if it ever ends there .. and putting you were on a private road called the A59 isn't either.. obviously if you are a police officer under supervision you can provide that evidence in court, and clearly saying that you have hit the rev limiter in germany on the autobahn is not a problem.

anyway I have given my viewpoint and provided a warning, personally I wont be posting any details of my driving habbits..

If that were the case, every journalist in the country would be behind bars for slander. You can't take something someone writes, in a free speaking country, and prosecute them. If you have had an accident and then post the gory details up then I can see your point. Otherwise, we can write what we like. :yahoo:

If that were the case, every journalist in the country would be behind bars for slander. You can't take something someone writes, in a free speaking country, and prosecute them. If you have had an accident and then post the gory details up then I can see your point. Otherwise, we can write what we like. :yahoo:

Agreed.

I was gunna PM you Pingu2 but cant be bothered. no offence. :blush: but i think your wrong on this occasion.

I've heard and read of people getting done for posting up video's of themselves speeding which is pretty good proof that they have actually done it, but ive never seen anyone get prosecuted for writing about something they have'nt done.

Like i said i have Not done 200mph on the M6 last sunday morning (that would be the 1st July 2007). If the CPS tried to prosecute me for that they'd get laugh out of court.

I know you've heard of someone getting prosecuted but i think it is rumours. Do you actually have any evidence? I know of a guy who was prosecuted by the police for speeding and crashing his Skyline but he posted up pics, the lot and said he had done it.

I could understand if they were trying to get supporting evidence for an actual offence but i don't beleive they would prosecute someone for saying they had not done something whether thats speeding or whatever. :thumbs:

I am sorry but I have to support Pingu with this exact point. There is someone on PH where the CPS turned up in court with the print out of his posts! It was all about trying to undermine your credibility as a witness.

Be very careful about what gets out in to the public domain!

Glen