Any good ideas for the compartment button above the radio?

Chromatic

Mate plasti dip it in situ and mask the rest up

Beauty of plasti dip is that if it looks a bollocks before you clearcoat you can just peel it off.

Ok the spray aerosol Plasti-dip what I need, or something else?

like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=in+situ&oq=in+situ&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.849j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=plasti+dip&safe=off&tbm=shop

?

And so position the plasti dip,.. tape around it.. then carefully clear coat if it looks good?

Sorry......if you cant get it out like OV suggested

Hey no worries lol.. I'm loving you guys. You just keep throwing 10 different ways to do the same thing. That's the kind of answers I like, gives me options to think about, and try .. one doesn't work another will. Really appreciate it!

Yip thats the one mate. Give it a whirl with some of that (im sure halfrauds sell it these days too).

Worst comes to the worst youve only wasted about a tenner if you really hate it.

Apparently plasti dip is a bit more 'textured' than normal paint so it your looking for a more glassy finish then a normal rattle can may so the job better.

Paints4u have great rattle cans (surprising how much difference a decent nozzle makes)

Sand

Prime

Colour

Clear

If you can bother your arse on such a small thing you should technically fine grade sand between each coat of primer, colour, clear for a smoother finish

Assume plasi dip is the same theory but ive not read up on it properly yet.

• Like 1

Yip thats the one mate. Give it a whirl with some of that (im sure halfrauds sell it these days too).

Worst comes to the worst youve only wasted about a tenner if you really hate it.

Apparently plasti dip is a bit more 'textured' than normal paint so it your looking for a more glassy finish then a normal rattle can may so the job better.

Paints4u have great rattle cans (surprising how much difference a decent nozzle makes)

Sand

Prime

Colour

Clear

If you can bother your arse on such a small thing you should technically fine grade sand between each coat of primer, colour, clear for a smoother finish

Assume plasi dip is the same theory but ive not read up on it properly yet.

That's the stuff but I'm sure you can't clear coat plastidip afterwards, I may be wrong as never tried to!

That's the stuff but I'm sure you can't clear coat plastidip afterwards, I may be wrong as never tried to!

you can buy glossifier for plasti dip :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item233151b9e6

you can buy glossifier for plasti dip :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item233151b9e6

Thanks that's handy to know :thumbs:

Perfect.. these little things and links really help before you start a little project like this. :)

• 7 years later...
21 hours ago, Safracz said:

I've somehow during manipulation managed to lost this opener button. Anyone would willing to sell the old scratched compartment or just the button OR any other Nissan around 2006 with the same button opener you can think of? Thx

:pmzmanalex: @ZMANALEX

• Like 1