1 Year of ownership resport

Rob_Quads

Today is the day I have had my car for a year so I thought I would write up my thoughts on the car.

First off it has been fairly trouble free, When I got the car it was not quite up to service levels so had to get that done. Was fairly priced and did a fair job (Done by Sparshatts, Hampshire). Then I had 11 months of cost free driving and have just had to get the 36K P3 service. This time done by a different dealer. Service was done well - car seemed to be a bit tighter etc. Did take exception to the extra cost over a normal service considering all that is done that is extra is a brake fluid change. Now I have the jobs of a Brake Pad change all round and some new tires soon too.

As for the car it self a joy to drive. 1 year on I still get a grin on my face when I hear the nice little burble on startup. I can still be surprised by the power if I have not pushed it for a few days. Country roads are great fun to drive. As my only car I use it for all my driving be it to work, football, the tip (with garden rubbish etc) so get to use it in all conditions. I found the power delivery very nice and the 30-80 speed effortless.

The only real running cost of the car (other than purchase) has been the petrol. I have kept a quite close record on how much I have used, normally just filling up the tank (I could maybe save a few mpg by keeping the tank half empty but not worth the hassle IMO). I have done just over 7000 miles giving me an overall rate of 22.0 mpg. The best I have had out of a tank is 31.5mpg and the worse low 15s.

I have to say I have been fairly disappointed by the quality of the paint on the car. The front end is littered with marks. The paint IMO does appear to be very weak in comparison to other cars with similar shape front ends. Its a shame Nissan did not tint the base coats to match so that I didn't have glaring white marks on the black paintwork.

Interior wise - its OK, IMO nothing special many other cars even much lesser cars have nicer interiors. Not having a front glove box sometimes was inconvenient. The seats are fairly comfortable. On the few long journeys I had to complete I had no problems driving for a long period, cruise control made it even easier when the roads are empty.

Its a shame that the car does not include little features like remote folding mirrors, remote boot pop, crap keys the same as Nissan Note! A bluetooth Handsfree that displayed phone numbers etc. would be nice. Would prefer Leather & Alcantara rather than 100% leather seats.

Overall I have been really happy with the car. Being someone that has modified my previous cars this car has done exactly what I was looking for. Something fun, good looking out of the box that 'could' be modified but was still great bog standard.

How much longer will I keep it. Who knows. I still like the though of a chipped Leon CupraR or really old school MK2 golf etc

Good writeup Rob.

Coming from an old shape Leon FR I would say the Zed is leagues ahead in all stakes. The turbo on the LFR was great fun with the rush of boost, but thats about it. In the corners it handles like a barge compared to the Zed. Build quality was shocking. In the 30k I had my LFR it was rattling like a good un. My Zed has just passed the 30k mark and doesnt have any rattles other than one, which is an obvious loose screw which I will sort when I can find it or take it to the dealer to find! The LCR is a rather quick beast from what I remember when chipped, kicking out about 280BHP, but there is still no way in the world I would trade in my Zed of a Leon. Oh and the new shape Leon is fugly!

Thanks for taking the time to post that up, it's very interesting to read about long term ownership and much appreciated :thumbs:

Nissan paint is decidedly average on all models I'm afraid and stone chips are always going to be a problem.

I'm surprised at the fuel consumption, I seem to remember averaging about 26 with my last Zed but then I live in a rural area so perhaps its that ?

Hope you enjoy your next years motoring just as much and the car remains trouble free :yahoo: