GTR34 to JDM Z33 - Newbie! :D (with pics)

Welcome aboard, Suhail! :thumbs:

The Zed's looking good already mate. Your new Volks are sweet but what was wrong with the old ones! :wacko:

Thanks Digsy, i can't wait to see it! As for the wheels, the GTS is what i had my heart set on from the moment i bought a black Z, just something i had to do :blush:

Guest prescience
you can get NA gains, but they aren't cost effective, compared to FI.

Tomei do great stuff for the Z and so do Amuse... good idea to get it tuned in japan directly!!

PS both Tuning companies (and their parts) are amongst the most expensive around B) (at least when they get here!)

I agree, the 07 Z has extensive modifications to the engine etc (far more than your list) and that is only rated at 310ps. If they could have achieved 330-350ps with your mods, surely they would have?

Very nice Z and R34 though B)

That's what's confusing me at the moment, from speaking to tuners in America and Japan according to most of them 270rwhp would be achievable at the very least with the above mods, i'm sure with an extra 40bhp the Z would shift no doubt, but there's too many negatives from owners in the uk and South Africa.

I haven't sat in or driven a TT Z before, it costs approx 5k pounds to get it set up tuned and installed in South Africa, do you guys think that is a good price?

i cannot speak for japanese numbers but certainly on comparative kits here and in the US, their numbers are at least 10-15% over inflated compared to dyno results here. they do use different measurement criteria and certainly DynoJet is very popular over there (which typically reads higher) and there must be some suspicion that other dyno operators do what they need to to match Dynojet figures to keep their customers happy.

5k pounds for a TT sounds a good deal but the TT guys on here will tell you (as I do) that about 400ps at the fly is about all you should risk on stock internals

Can't believe you sold an R34 for a Z33. Will cost you buckets loads to get the easy power gains possible with the R34 engine. Some have even installed the R34 into a Z33, in fact I believe there's one on the Japan Drift Scene.

Can't believe you sold an R34 for a Z33. Will cost you buckets loads to get the easy power gains possible with the R34 engine. Some have even installed the R34 into a Z33, in fact I believe there's one on the Japan Drift Scene.

Kev, as stated above for me the GTR was at a stage where i just couldn't extract anymore power out of it without letting tuners here get their hands on the engine, which i didn't want. My immediate thought was to upgrade to a nur-spec but it wasn't financially viable for me at the time, hence i opted for the Z after researching all the other cars available. It would be nice to have a non-turbo sports car for a change, different experiance for me and a first in both normally aspirated and RWD.

The nur-spec is still very much on my list of wanted cars and hopefully will get one soon if all goes well, the Z is going to be fun too(i hope)

400bhp @ the flywheel? The few dyno readings i've received from SA on APS TT converted 350Z's on stock internals at .6bar have been approximately 450-470 @ flywheel, this is on a dynapack. There's 5 TT Z's running around in Southern Africa and all have dynoed similarly on the same dyno and all on stock internals still intact AFAIK. Surely 450bhp and 400lb/ft of torque is attainable from the stock internals?

Rgds,

Suhail

hi mate and welcome to the site

your r34 is amazing :cloud9:

i would have one in a minute but the wife doesnt like them :dry:

good luck with modding your Z :thumbs:

Thanks mate, already mentioned to my g/f i'll be buying an R34 again sometime- she isn't a very happy camper! :angry: