Another bad driver thread

Flex

Totally agree he was in the wrong but one question.....

The last paragraph as a word censored out.... What exactly did you wanna do to him?

:lol:

Apparently twats are ok but tw@t no likee!

Ah ok. I was getting confused if you were annoyed at him or if he turned you gay :lol:

Turned??

Actually I have a wee share - today I spent a good two miles behind a silver zed roadster on the M90 hogging the outside lane bang on 70mph when he had PLENTY opportunity to move the feck over :shrug:

Probably a woman...........

runs like feck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Situations like this eat at you for a day or two.

You feel like you let him get one over on you.

Last year I had a very up close and personal confrontation in B&Q.

I was next in line at the till.

This oaf in a rush just pushed in front and dumped his stuff in front of my rope on the belt.

I was gobsmacked.

Said the usual "excuse me, I was here first"

He replied " not anymore....just deal with it"

Asked the lady at the til "are you going to serve this guy after he just pushed in?"

She said she "none of my business....I don't want any trouble" and served him.

My first thought as rage filled my veins was to grab my rope, round his neck from behind, take him down and strangle the fecker.

Calmed down and thought to myself

"today I LET a man live to see another day"

Then left B&Q, went to my kungfu class and had a really good session:teeth:

For a couple days I felt rotten for letting him treat me like that IN PUBLIC.

But I got a career a family and responsibilities and not going to risk any repercussions resulting from battering a mindless oaf.

You did right.

Just think to yourself you LET HIM LIVE:p

Big smile and be totally, over the top, super polite, this confuses your average gorilla, which makes them more angry. Then maybe a big smile when you pull away. You'll be laughing, he'll be having a coronary.

Your average large bodied, small brained, member of the Great Ape family wants a rise out of you, deny them the pleasure. It should be noted, apes have the smallest d*** of all animals which move around on their hind legs*

* this may not be true.

I always find that a nice exaggerated yawn sign helps no end :)

<quote>if his driving was that bad & he abused you there is always the Police to report him to but I doubt they'll do f**k all. <quote>

I reported someone who overtook me using a footpath, he is now in prison; got 2 years. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time :)

I also know of someone spending 17 weeks in hospital with a head injury, got out of his car, changed his mind & was hit from behind with a hammer. It's just not worth it

Just laugh at idiots like that and watch him get wound up. The more wound up he gets the more you laugh and the cycle continues. He obviously didn't have the bottle to get out or he would have.

Couldn't give a monkeys if I see an idiot like that in a ditch pesonally but like others have said, its the innocent folk they take down with them who I feel for

Yes, I often see and get this sort of behavior, the easiest way to deal with it is to leave a significant gap to the vehicle in front (but not enough for the driver behind to nip past you), driving tight up to the vehicle in front doesn't leave you much time to react when somebody decides to do a double overtake. I never, never double overtake when following something really slow moving like a tractor, road sweeper, etc. I saw someone doing this one day behind a bus which was doing about 30 in an unrestricted area, the road was dead straight and some guy in front of me decided to overtake a couple of cars and the bus at the same time....the bus then proceeded to overtake a cyclist which very nearly ended in the said driver having a huge accident.

The only time I ever confronted a driver who tailgated me for miles was hilarious. It was an MX5 with a young guy driving it when we were forced to stop at traffic lights and I opened my door he simply drove straight through the lights on red. Sadly for him they had just installed cameras on these lights, A54 at Kelsall :lol: .

Pete

Edited by JetSet

You did the right thing, obviously.

Your male pride might be telling you that you should have smacked him, but think about the likely outcomes:

You have a scrap and win - possibly get a conviction for assault, GBH etc which can have life altering consequences; or

You have as scrap and lose - male pride even more damaged, possibly hurt, seriously injured, or even worse (Kenneth Noye case....).

Nothing to be gained from violence unless you're defending yourself or your loved ones. Console yourself with knowing that you're the better man for rising above it. In a few days you'll have forgotten all about it whereas he'll always be a tool in a naff car.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

I don't mean to come across rude but why do you give a dam, there are thousands of these idiots on the road, leave them be, let them get on with their dodgy driving standards, if they are willing to take stupid risks, the best place you can be is as far away from them as possible, to reduce the risk of having your car damaged.

I have 4 vehicles that I drive on a regular basis & it's amazing how your treated on the road.

-In the zed I get people wanting to race me & few people give way

-In my Leon I blend in & get little bother other than from the boy racers in their other vag variants

-In my van nobody messes & people generally give way

-In my dads Audi I get little bother as people think I'm a generic Audi driver, obviously you get the generic BMW drivers acting like Audi drivers

At the end of the day there are so many things in life to get upset/annoyed or worried about, some prat in a focus should be at the bottom of your list.

• Like 1

I don't mean to come across rude but why do you give a dam, there are thousands of these idiots on the road, leave them be, let them get on with their dodgy driving standards, if they are willing to take stupid risks, the best place you can be is as far away from them as possible, to reduce the risk of having your car damaged.

I have 4 vehicles that I drive on a regular basis & it's amazing how your treated on the road.

-In the zed I get people wanting to race me & few people give way

-In my Leon I blend in & get little bother other than from the boy racers in their other vag variants

-In my van nobody messes & people generally give way

-In my dads Audi I get little bother as people think I'm a generic Audi driver, obviously you get the generic BMW drivers acting like Audi drivers

At the end of the day there are so many things in life to get upset/annoyed or worried about, some prat in a focus should be at the bottom of your list.

It's a pride thing... I've been in this situation a few times and it always winds me up for a little while afterwards.

Pride? WTF are you on about? If you want to be shallow about it just think would you rather be an uptight a######ole driving like an idiot in a clapped out focus, or the cool calm & collected dude with a smile on his face driving a zed? I know where I'd rather be :)

Pride? WTF are you on about? If you want to be shallow about it just think would you rather be an uptight a######ole driving like an idiot in a clapped out focus, or the cool calm & collected dude with a smile on his face driving a zed? I know where I'd rather be :)

With your hand down my pants, mmmm

I can always think of something clever or funny I should have done in response to people acting like morons. Trouble is I don't think of it until about half an hour after they've gone :)

+ 1 billion

• Like 1

I was talking more along the lines of confrontations rather than the driving, if someone confronts me and I do nothing about it that can dent the ego a little.

Looking back on this thread I guess it wasn't much of a confrontation tho so I guess my comment was a little irrelevant. A guy once got a metal pole out his boot and came at me with it in a petrol station due to a road rage incident. I drove away and felt like a right pussy afterwards.