My Green ginge - Boosted

scobie140

Thought I should start one to help me keep track of what I've done since owning her so hopefully i don't miss anything out, although I've not took many pics so will need to get more. Bought her with 55k on the clock FSH but needing some TLC and a good service. Only mod then was JWT pop charger.

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

Just had to get a spoiler for her as always thought the 350z looked like it was missing one

3_zps4c823e0f.jpg

Then gave her a full service, Oil, Filter, Gearbox oil, Diff oil, Coolant, Aux belts, Spark plugs, Clean air filter and fresh brake fluid.

Quiet for a while just changed indicator bulbs to silver ones and side lights to LEDs

Had to fix the cutting out left speaker, been fine since then thankfully

Small service 61k. Oil and filter and a good check over the car

Wheels refurbished and handles done to match

4_zpsece5fb19.jpg

Rear wiper Removed

Small service 63k. Oil, Filter and fitted braided clutch line with fresh fluid.

Rear lights fly eye'd

20130623_185102_zpsad9f5c40.jpg

DRL's fitted

Smoked side repeaters fitted

Got a kinetix plenum cheap due to the gasket being f*cked but no problem for me :) Rubbed it down and primed and painted it a random BMW silver, cut new gasket and fitted after giving the plenum and throttle body a good clean. I'll need to get a pic of it fitted once I cut the engine cover so it fits back on as it just looks untidy the now.

KGrHqUOKpIFHLDPE4HBR9TWz7Rbw60_12_zpse4ae962a.jpg

Came home from work to find this

20131206_142301_zpsc8fbfe38.jpg

Oil,Filter, Gearbox oil, Diff oil, Coolant, Power grid front ARB links, Federo DS2500 front pads and shims, Hel braided brake lines,Motul RBF600 Brake fluid, Eibach 20mm & 25mm spacers, Tein springs and haribo!

And managed to pick up http://www.clarkmoto...ble/Rear/BNR30Z and http://www.clarkmoto...le/Front/BNF33Z (hope its ok to use your links) locally brand new for a bargain just by sheer fluke of looking on ebay before I put my order in to clark motorsport.

Major service 65k - All of the above fitted plus molyslip over the course of a week weather permitting with it being January, except the braided brake lines. I'll catch them when I get time later this year. Just need to let the suspension settle out then re adjust the ARB links and check the bump stop gaps on the front ARB are fine, then get it booked in for a geo alignment.

Barely driven it yet due to the asbo exhaust mod(removed centre section to fit rear sway bar and flange on back box just disintegrated so left off till new Stainless system with HFC is custom made next week) But so far body roll has been cut right out so very happy with my new set up.

Pics not that you can see much difference but how she looks after springs and spacers and a wee clean

20140119_152651_zps50c9fc87.jpg

20140119_152703_zps3bacddb3.jpg

I'll try to get pics of the car after the exhaust has been made.

20140124_170238_zps21f3f230.jpg

20140124_170227_zps29b2d33e.jpg

20140124_170219_zps406ab637.jpg

uprev_zpsd97255a7.jpg

Future plans:

Wrap the roof black - the z is a simple roof so would possible try it myself

Remove and bead blast W brace to see if its recoverable or needs replaced

Probably forgot a few things but I'll add them when/if I remember

27/03/15 72,000

Been a while since i've done much/ updated this

Rear windows tinted

Fitted braided HEL lines all round just before the MOT last year no pics

Wee box of goodies to work with, a magnetic sump plug and molyslip in there hiding

20150327_083105_zpsukramswo.jpg

Had a busy day yesterday giving her a post winter service and check over

Washer pump packed in whist being parked up over the winter, so replaced that.

Engine oil, Gearbox oil & molyslip, Diff oil

Mechanically pretty sound and happy with everything, a few of the lower suspension bushes are looking a bit past it so will look into replacing them at somepoint in the summer hopefully, no play in them but they do look a bit past it.

Few bad stone chips on the bonnet, and a fair few rust bubbles appearing here and there so will be shopping around for a full respray to sort this out and make a few subtle changes

Edited by scobie140
  • Like 1

Good start and plans. You planning on bumper/lips and skirts too?

I seen those Whiteline ARBs on eBay. I bought the adjustable drop links from the guy for half price but decided I wanted the Eibach ARBs as they're a mm or 2 thicker.

Good to see you decided to start a build thread Scobie140 and it seems like you're looking after that Zed of yours very well. B)

That corner outside your house though is begging to be drifted round. :lol: Not that I know how to do that like Dedman or bizz but I'd have a go given the opportunity. :D

Note to self: Must remember to book a drifting course.

Good start and plans. You planning on bumper/lips and skirts too?

I seen those Whiteline ARBs on eBay. I bought the adjustable drop links from the guy for half price but decided I wanted the Eibach ARBs as they're a mm or 2 thicker.

Not sure on bumpers or lips, seen a few I like. Not keen on the lips that protrude, just don't look right. Quite like the chargespeed rear so that’s an option for the future and never really looked at skirts to be honest.

I was going to go for the EIbach but saved a fortune going with whiteline and notice a big difference so still happy.

As for servicing, my job gives me OCD for looking after the mechanical side of things. Good preventative maintenance helps keep responsive maintenance to a minimum

Its a bit of blind bend to drift round and for some reason everyone cuts the damn corner! :angry:

Its a bit of blind bend to drift round and for some reason everyone cuts the damn corner! :angry:

I guess as there are no white lines dividing the road in two then it's fair game to cut it. :surrender:

I found Whiteline products to be great and that's all I would put on my old Impreza's suspension when I had it. B)

Few pics after the springs and spacers, gave her a wee wash with Envy Valeting's products they had on offer a while back. First chance i've had to use them on the 350z and the Mrs motor and they seemed pretty good to an amature like me.

20140119_152703_zps3bacddb3.jpg

20140119_152651_zps50c9fc87.jpg

20140119_152631_zps77aab292.jpg

20140119_155541_zps05181ab8.jpg

20140119_155522_zps2a08f8b0.jpg

• Like 1

Its a typical new build garage...... too small for anything other than a classic mini. I did mange to get my old type r in it but then had no room to do anything else, never bothred trying with the 350z. The ninja fits nicely though, just need to clear the crap out it and get it set up properly as a wee workshop. The 350z just has to hibernate on the drive over the winter months

Its a typical new build garage...... too small for anything other than a classic mini. I did mange to get my old type r in it but then had no room to do anything else, never bothred trying with the 350z. The ninja fits nicely though, just need to clear the crap out it and get it set up properly as a wee workshop. The 350z just has to hibernate on the drive over the winter months

Ahh that sucks.

I have heard things about these new builds before where they have garages but it is merely just an extra storage space as the only way to get a car in is push it in as you'd never be able to get out of your drivers door. :surrender:

Oh well at least your bikes safe and dry. ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

Geo alignment carried out. Must have needed it as feels much better, just need some dry weather to give it a proper test.

New 3" system with 200cell sports cats, picked similar tips to OEM, Reasonably quiet on warm tick over, but as soon as any more than a nats baw hair of throttle is applied you hear the V6 roar :) again need some dry weather to get out and give it a good blast to hear it properly.

20140124_170238_zps21f3f230.jpg

20140124_170227_zps29b2d33e.jpg

20140124_170219_zps406ab637.jpg

Please excuse the shabby W brace, its on my list of things to remove and bead blast to see if it needs replacing or just a bit of TLC

No EML's with the new cats? I ask because it doesn't look like you've used an O2 spacer.

Nah not yet but I've got two spacers in the garage that I can fit at a later date if needed. Not really had it out a big run yet only a few mile back and forth to work so might still come on

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers, I just fly eyes them aswell with the spare left over.

Up reved now aswell but need to find a shot of a scanner or email TDI north and see if they can email me the graph, Car feels much more responsive now. no more performance mods left to do except the brake lines and just keep on top of the styling mods

Edited by scobie140

Cheers, I just fly eyes them aswell with the spare left over.

Up reved now aswell but need to find a shot of a scanner or email TDI north and see if they can email me the graph, Car feels much more responsive now. no more performance mods left to do just keep on top of the styling mods

Good news.

What power did your Zed achieve then?

Also there is a dyno thread here should you care to share your mods/results. :thumbs:http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/page__st__80#entry1219060