E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Vapers! I need help!

My old man has been diagnosed with COPD this week, so he really needs to quit smoking and this is the best way to help him do that, I think. Plus, easy Xmas present!

He's a good 20 a day man at least, and he only smokes UK Rothmans. I know from my time that they're quite harsh, so not quite a Camel or a Marlboro Red but way stronger than a B&H but better quality than some of the cheaper stuff out there. He refuses to try anything that's sweet, so no Very Berry or Tropical Fruit Salad flavours. Basically, what hardware do I need to get him, and is there such a thing as a selection of tobacco flavour juices I can get him, on the basis that he must like at least one?

What brands do I look for, where do I buy it from, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Vapers! I need help!

My old man has been diagnosed with COPD this week, so he really needs to quit smoking and this is the best way to help him do that, I think. Plus, easy Xmas present!

He's a good 20 a day man at least, and he only smokes UK Rothmans. I know from my time that they're quite harsh, so not quite a Camel or a Marlboro Red but way stronger than a B&H but better quality than some of the cheaper stuff out there. He refuses to try anything that's sweet, so no Very Berry or Tropical Fruit Salad flavours. Basically, what hardware do I need to get him, and is there such a thing as a selection of tobacco flavour juices I can get him, on the basis that he must like at least one?

Any help appreciated.

Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kanger-SUBOX-Mini-Starter-EDITION-Black/dp/B00ZS4YINI

Get the battery below too.

And you can get tobacco flavour juice.

It's what I started on. Perfect for a 20 day smoker. Sleek design too.

• Like 1

What tobacco juice though? Which one is close to Rothmans?

No idea :lol: Hopefully someone can help you on that front.

Stick with UK/USA juices.

For that tank/mod you want either 50vg/50pg or 70vg/30vg (it's the ratio of mixture)

Best bet for juices if find a vape shop local to you and go in and ask. All hipster owned, so friendly enough :lol:

You'll do well to find one flavour that matches a specific brand, but the generic tobacco ones I've tried are nasty enough to be passed off as cigarettes. If you're going to get a few, suggest not going mental with choices, but get some tobacco and then take him to a shop shortly after Xmas. He should be able to try some flavours and also he's going to have to get used to going to one instead of buying fags.

You need to think about the strength as much as the flavour, because if he doesn't get that throat hit and relief from nicotine craving he'll soon revert to cigs.

• Like 2

I would say for a starter kit/new vaping make it as simple as possible and get some spares, coils etc I would also suggest taking the old man to a shop for hands on. Plonking a kit in front of him without a talk through or just paper instructions will be a sure fire recipe to lighting up again.

They can be a bit of a faff if your new to it all and if your getting frustrated its not going to be a positive experience which is definitely needed when getting off the fags.

As i found out above the tobacco flavours kill coils, but fine to start for the similarties but expect to change coils as burnt hits again will result in a poor experience and back on the fags. Again another good reason to get to a shop, some flavours are very pleasant, its not just sweet flavours, peppermint, whiskey the list is endless so the old man might find something that floats his boat.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Cheers chaps :) He's such a fussy old sod, I guess that's what makes it more awkward.

Will have to find our nearest shop, must be one in town somewhere I would think.

Sure Essex is a big place but when I just googled it there seems to be a good choice of E-cig shops around the area.

For example: http://www.essexecigstore.com/

Jetpilots advice is spot on Dan imo. ;)

You really need to take him to a shop so that he can experience a load of different flavours to find something he likes. Not sure how much of this thread you've read but I used to smoke cigarettes, then went on to vaping and now I've managed to quit altogether.

Took me just over a year and a bit from stopping the fags, starting vaping, slowly reducing my E-liquid nicotine levels till eventually I was using zero nicotine E-liquid & then stopped vaping completely.

Wasn't a walk in the park & I still get the odd cigarette craving but I'd have never been able to do it without using the E-cigs. If your Dad gives it a good go then I'm sure he'll be able to do the same. :thumbs:

Oops, missed your reply GMB, cheers dude :)

Definitely going to take everyone's advice and take him to a shop to get his liquids I think, but I'd also still like to buy him the actual kit to open on the day. He wants a proper pen rather than a big lumpy thing so your link is out Grundy, soz. Can any one just point me to a great starter pack with a couple of batteries and coils included, budget about £40? Needs to look vaguely smart so black or stainless or similar please.

Sorry, I know I'm being all me-me-me but I have absolutely zero idea what I'm looking at, and would rather someone just recommended something to me as I trust you guys on here. :)

^^^ for starter kits a good place to look is www.myepack.co.uk

They have a good selection that are reasonably priced (there is a whole section on the website just for starter kits)

I've used that website many times and always received my orders quickly and hassle free, I'm sure there would be something on there that would suit your needs :)

Oops, missed your reply GMB, cheers dude :)

Definitely going to take everyone's advice and take him to a shop to get his liquids I think, but I'd also still like to buy him the actual kit to open on the day. He wants a proper pen rather than a big lumpy thing so your link is out Grundy, soz. Can any one just point me to a great starter pack with a couple of batteries and coils included, budget about £40? Needs to look vaguely smart so black or stainless or similar please.

Sorry, I know I'm being all me-me-me but I have absolutely zero idea what I'm looking at, and would rather someone just recommended something to me as I trust you guys on here. :)

All I'd say is, from most people at my work who look down on me for my big device, they all have the pen devices, or cheap ones from petrol station.

People with these either still smoke and vape, occasionally smoke or give up and go back smoking. It's why I jumped into the deep end. Did the trick the moment I bought it.

Just trying to find you a link to a sleeker style one. But for someone who wants to generally stop smoking (Not gradually stop) and for someone who smokes 20 a day, I suggest a mod like this, with sub ohm vaping. Just IMPO.

In case you didn't know, ohms are used to define the coils that heat up the fluid. So highter the ohms 1.5+ = less vape, and I'm guessing less hit (unless you go a crazy high nicotine mg) I vape at sub ohm, and started there, which is 0.5.

A colleague got this, and is very happy. It's really tidy, small, sleek too.

http://www.jacvapour.com/series-b-tilt-device-only

• 3 weeks later...

Vapers! I need help!

Any help appreciated.

If your going to buy the tobacco flavour, your best to buy a descent ecig (not the 10quid ones from the stall), kangertech are always an easy option. And buy the liquid online or via a shop as they use the best materials. Garage flavouts are revolting. Tastes like your liking an ashtray

Iv been vaping for some time, I've been through a few devices in that time also. The cig-a-likes which are the same shape and size as a traditional analogue cigarette didn't have a big enough battery for my liking, even with a charger pack. I liked how these were small and discreet. I used to smoke them in the office without alerting any of my coworkers.

The ego style round shaped cheap ones would break every now and again as I would usually end up sitting on them in my back pocket.

I got an 'Itaste' big metal variable voltage thing which iv failed to destroy to date. It has a battery life of about three weeks and could probably jump start a car if I needed to get the jump leads out! The thing weighs a ton though.

As for juices I stick to the tobacco ones myself, I did take a liking to bubblegum but always revert back to tobacco. More so a particular brand steeped from real leaves called 'cubana' made by a ccompany called T-Juice. Iv always been a cigar type of guy, this liquid does it for me :)

I got an 'Itaste' big metal variable voltage thing which iv failed to destroy to date. It has a battery life of about three weeks and could probably jump start a car if I needed to get the jump leads out! The thing weighs a ton though.

3weeks!! How often are you smoking this thing lol.

I have the MVP and lasts about 2 and half days (mind u i puff like a chimney)