E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Smoked from 16-21 then was on and off. Now 23 and havn't touched a cig in 8 months and have no temptations. Quitting is the way forward.

Nothing directly against E-cigs just think they are kind of pointless and a waste of money. The human body does not need nicotine and it all comes down to willpower. Join a gym , start swimming or do something active. Helped me anyway.

• Like 1

The Innokin 134 in my opinion is the best vaping tool i have ever tried and i have worked my way through most of the top brands, coupled up with an iclear30 s tank, i have it set to vape at 9 watts and the taste and clouds of vape are fantastic.

I make my own eliquid (fruit flavours for me) though, because i'm dubious on a lot of the shop bought/car boot stuff, i used to sell around 50 units of Joyetech and Kangertech kits per week at one time buying directly from China, it was then i saw that a heck of a lot of eliquids are made there and exported worldwide and rebranded. Also i can make 30ml for just over a quid and that's to a nicotine content of my choice with "mahoosive" clouds of vape and using Capela natural flavourings (which are not the cheapest). A lot of the shop bought stuff i tried in the early days was just too harsh for me.

Edited by Martinjj

although obviously no long term studies have been conducted yet.

Well there obviously haven't been any specfic to the use of e-cigs, but if you look at the main ingredients individually there have. PG for example was studied as early as the 1940s and has been in use since the '50s for various reasons where you'd inhale it (medical inhalers, e.g: asthma, air conditioning in hospitals etc).

I have been searching around trying to find decent organic juice in the UK but it doesnt seem to exist. Shame as I can't stand the satnadard PG/VG mix. Does my throat in.

Triphammer use natural flavourings, not sure if they use organic fruit etc or just the normal type though. They usually have an 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG ratio but they will do you some VG only flavours if you ask them on their FB page, the flavour doesn't hold as well in a pure VG juice though. There's also a 20% off code on their FB page. ;)

Haydn.

I am BIG into vaping. My favorites;

MODs;

Mini lambo 6

VAMO 5

Tanks;

Mini pro tank 2

Mini Nautilus

Juice;

100% organic Virgin Vapor

I have been searching around trying to find decent organic juice in the UK but it doesnt seem to exist. Shame as I can't stand the satnadard PG/VG mix. Does my throat in.

UKEcig Store do them but mainly out of stock but for 2 flavours

http://www.ukecigsto...rgin-vapor.html

MODs;

Mini lambo 6

VAMO 5

Tanks;

Mini pro tank 2

Mini Nautilus

Juice;

yeh the decent branded 100% VG always seems to be out of stock. I guess they must be much harder to make. I just cant get on with PG (even an 80/20 mix)

MODs;

Mini lambo 6

VAMO 5

Tanks;

Mini pro tank 2

Mini Nautilus

Juice;

yeh the decent branded 100% VG always seems to be out of stock. I guess they must be much harder to make. I just cant get on with PG (even an 80/20 mix)

you could make your own. suprsingly cheap to do.

Some DIYs on youtube

• 3 months later...

Recently got into Vaping, I smoke cigars regularly and now love the whole vaping thing. Never smoked cigarettes, so this isn't a giving up thing for me, just love the gadget side and different flavours of it and of course being able to vape inside.

Currently got an Aspire VV+ and Nautilus Mini tank, favourite juices at the moment are from Digby's. Love their Mum's Custard which is a 50/50 VG/PG mix (they also do an 80/20) so it's easy on the throat and produces nice dense clouds, it's literally like inhaling a custard cream :lol:

Recently got into Vaping, I smoke cigars regularly and now love the whole vaping thing. Never smoked cigarettes, so this isn't a giving up thing for me, just love the gadget side and different flavours of it and of course being able to vape inside.

Currently got an Aspire VV+ and Nautilus Mini tank, favourite juices at the moment are from Digby's. Love their Mum's Custard which is a 50/50 VG/PG mix (they also do an 80/20) so it's easy on the throat and produces nice dense clouds, it's literally like inhaling a custard cream :lol:

Glad your enjoying vaping and maybe try to knock the cigars on the head in favour of vaping as it's definitely a healthier option imo.

I used to vape a lot of Digby's E-liquids, ...mainly Gunpowder & Hooligan. Lately though I've been using a much nicer E-liquid from Vapelux London which has possibly the best flavours I've ever tried.

I'm talking about fruity flavours here and these are really strong tasting which is great. Try them out if you get a chance Jp and I'm positive you won't be disappointed.

Link: http://www.vapelux.com/e-liquids

My favourite so far is "Watermelon, Cherry & Grape". :p:D;)

The new version of the Kayfun atomiser is released on Saturday! For those that have never used one, the earlier version probably produced the best flavour of any tank type atomiser I've used, although I think the genesis style with SS mesh wicks taste nicer they leak and are a PITA to travel anywhere with. Pretty pricey but well worth it:

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/SM-KFV4-01

Can't wait!

Haydn.

The new version of the Kayfun atomiser is released on Saturday! For those that have never used one, the earlier version probably produced the best flavour of any tank type atomiser I've used, although I think the genesis style with SS mesh wicks taste nicer they leak and are a PITA to travel anywhere with. Pretty pricey but well worth it:

http://www.cloud9vap...ucts/SM-KFV4-01

Can't wait!

Haydn.

Not going to look at that site again Haydn! :surrender: Vaping supposed to be saving me money not making me spend it. :lol:

Look's amazing and I'm sure it's much better than my Pro-tank II from KangerTech but that only cost me £13 odd so I'm not surprised really. :D

http://www.cloud9vap...ucts/SM-KFV4-01

Can't wait!

Haydn.

Not going to look at that site again Haydn! :surrender: Vaping supposed to be saving me money not making me spend it. :lol:

Look's amazing and I'm sure it's much better than my Pro-tank II from KangerTech but that only cost me £13 odd so I'm not surprised really. :D

How much are the coils on Protanks? After a while the price of those add up. A decent RBA will go for years on a roll of Kanthal (~£2) and a bag of cotton wool from Boots for wick. The Kayfun is probably one of, if not the, most expensive RBAs out there but you can get a decnt RBA for much cheaper. Even the clones of the V3 can be picked up for ~£40 which probably isn't that long in terms of Protank Coils? By the way, Trip Hammer have started making their own cotton wicked Kanger coils, could be worth checking them out.

TBH, the protank was one of the best vapes I've had... for an evening. Couldn't get them vaping how I liked, removed one of the flavour wicks, vaped amazingly for the evening but woke up to a puddle of juice the next morning. :(

How much are the coils on Protanks? After a while the price of those add up. A decent RBA will go for years on a roll of Kanthal (~£2) and a bag of cotton wool from Boots for wick. The Kayfun is probably one of, if not the, most expensive RBAs out there but you can get a decnt RBA for much cheaper. Even the clones of the V3 can be picked up for ~£40 which probably isn't that long in terms of Protank Coils? By the way, Trip Hammer have started making their own cotton wicked Kanger coils, could be worth checking them out.

TBH, the protank was one of the best vapes I've had... for an evening. Couldn't get them vaping how I liked, removed one of the flavour wicks, vaped amazingly for the evening but woke up to a puddle of juice the next morning. :(

I get 5 genuine KangerTech 2.5ohm coils for £8 from my local E-Cig shop. Not exactly expensive as they do last a long time I find but as you say the cost does add up.

I'm happy to stick with what I've got though currently as my plan is to give up completely soon "ish". If you read back to the start of this thread I started the E-cigs around January/Feb this year and haven't had a cigarette since which was my reason for trying the E-cigs.

I've slowly been reducing my nicotine intake ~ started with 12mg E-liquids mainly, then 9/8mg, then 6mg and now I'm using 3mg content E-liquids. Hoping that when I make the swap to 0% nicotine content E-liquids I'll have already reduced my nicotine intake to a low enough level that I'm able to get past the worst withdrawal symptoms & stop altogether.

I do really enjoy vaping as I did when I smoked cigarettes but tbh I'd rather not do either if I can now. Prefer spending my money on other things these days.

Just got to convince my nicotine receptors of that now. :surrender::dry::lol:

Be careful with zero nic mate, have some 3 standing by! I started Vaping in Feb as well, switched to zero a few weeks ago and suddenly started smoking again!! Gonna get the kayfun and go back up to 12 and start again. :(

Edited by HaydnH

Be careful with zero nic mate, have some 3 standing by! I started Vaping in Feb as well, switched to zero a few weeks ago and suddenly started smoking again!! Gonna get the kayfun and go back up to 12 and start again. :(

Oh I will have some 3mg just in case and I don't think I'll ever go back to cigarettes now no matter what. Never thought I'd be able to even get this far so very happy that I'm not smoking cigarettes. :yahoo:

In fact now I have a good sense of smell again I'm turning into one of those annoying ex-smokers who hates the smell of people who have just been smoking cigarettes or around smokers. :lol:

Hoping to try to give up the E-cigs sometime in 2015 but no date set and I'm not pressurizing myself to do it so I'll just try to when I feel like it. :):thumbs:

Just found this thread, very interesting read. Been a smoker on/off for over 30 years, I've just started using a VIP photon tank kit, been using this instead of cigarettes (hand rolled) since last saturday, must say I'm very impressed, so far I've tried Blueberry, Strawberry, Watermelon, menthol, Bubblegum, Orange, Cherry and Redbull flavours of different brands from different retailers. For me by far the best tasting so far is VIP Blueberry.

After quitting smoking many times over the years and ultimately returning to my nicotine addiction I'd all but given up on giving up, then I decided to try these Ecigs that so many people are using and how surprised was I :surrender:

Since last saturday I have not smoked a cigarette/roll up except for one time mid week when my battery died while I was out shopping with my better half, needless to say after using such sweet tasting flavours the roll up I smoked was not enjoyable at all :yuck:

While I apreciate that the ideal would be to stop smoking completely I am comfortable in the fact that I am currently enjoying my new found way of getting my nicotine fix minus the tar and other nasties that go towards clogging up my lungs that come with smoking regular 'analogue' cigarettes and after only 6 days I feel less congested in the mornings, no longer smell like an ashtray and the flavours are delicious

• Like 1

I managed to pack up smoking 3 years ago. I went cold turkey knowing that was the only way for me. :thumbs:

Going to Cuba soon and so want to have a cigar or two when there. Just a tad concerned I might pick up that nicotine fix again !!

Probably going to have to give it a miss, such a shame I can't be one of those awful people who manage to have one cigarette a month or so - If only !!! ;):lol:

I think if a smoker wished to quit completely cold turkey can be successful for a high percentage of people, I've always gone cold turkey when previously quitting, unfortunately after a period of time either weeks or months, the longest quit for me was around 7 months I've always fallen into the "I'll just have an occasional puff" and ended up full time smoking again, during one of my quitting phases I came across a very interesting book titled ' Never take another puff ' by Joel spitzer. It's free to download as a PDF, and during my many quits it's helped me over the awkward first few days, very interesting and somewhat factual read for any would be quitters out there as long as you remember once you've stopped it only takes one to get you hooked again :)

Good to read you're giving it a good go Andy. ;)

E-cigs have definitely worked for me and I have been lowerering my nicotine level E-liquid every few months so hoping eventually to come off it altogether. Going cold turkey never worked for me & in fact most times when I did try it tended to make it worse as I'd go back to smoking more than before. :wacko:

• Like 1

Good to read you're giving it a good go Andy. ;)

E-cigs have definitely worked for me and I have been lowerering my nicotine level E-liquid every few months so hoping eventually to come off it altogether. Going cold turkey never worked for me & in fact most times when I did try it tended to make it worse as I'd go back to smoking more than before. :wacko:

Nice one Gareth, hopefully I can reduce my nicotine levels gradually with very little withdrawal symptoms, reading through this thread it seems this strategy has been a success for you :)

I too have attempted cold turkey many times and have made good progress but unfortunately for me atleast I've always slipped back into smoking after a period of time, sometimes weeks, sometimes months but at the moment I'm just enjoying keeping the nicotine cravings at bay with nice flavoured e cig juices and benefitting from not smelling like an ash tray and the lack of congestion linked to cigarette smoke, hopefully I won't go back this time :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67

Nice one Gareth, hopefully I can reduce my nicotine levels gradually with very little withdrawal symptoms, reading through this thread it seems this strategy has been a success for you :)

I too have attempted cold turkey many times and have made good progress but unfortunately for me atleast I've always slipped back into smoking after a period of time, sometimes weeks, sometimes months but at the moment I'm just enjoying keeping the nicotine cravings at bay with nice flavoured e cig juices and benefitting from not smelling like an ash tray and the lack of congestion linked to cigarette smoke, hopefully I won't go back this time :thumbs:

I'd definitely recommend you try that.

Currently I'm on 3mg nicotine content bottles of E-liquid and I'm not smoking any more of them than when I was on the 12mg nicotine content bottles of E-liquid so I've most definitely reduced my nicotine intake. I have however done this over 10 months odd so don't rush into lowering the initial nicotine content until you're happy to.

I would also recommend you try to switch flavours fairly often as this is one of the greatest things about vaping, ...I've found lot's of flavours I love but always try new ones just for a change and because it does help when lowering the nicotine levels having a nice new flavour to get stuck into. :p

Any questions just ask on here and I'm more than willing to help if I can ~ also Haydn seems to know a lot about vaping equipment so well worth asking him too if you have any queries. :thumbs:

I'd definitely recommend you try that.

Currently I'm on 3mg nicotine content bottles of E-liquid and I'm not smoking any more of them than when I was on the 12mg nicotine content bottles of E-liquid so I've most definitely reduced my nicotine intake. I have however done this over 10 months odd so don't rush into lowering the initial nicotine content until you're happy to.

I would also recommend you try to switch flavours fairly often as this is one of the greatest things about vaping, ...I've found lot's of flavours I love but always try new ones just for a change and because it does help when lowering the nicotine levels having a nice new flavour to get stuck into. :p

Any questions just ask on here and I'm more than willing to help if I can ~ also Haydn seems to know a lot about vaping equipment so well worth asking him too if you have any queries. :thumbs:

Sweet, it's always good to know there is support especially from people with previous experiences :thumbs:

on the topic of trying different flavours I've just ordered toffee apple and blueberry haze from a site called "I fancy one" I had a try of the BB Haze from a guy at work :cloud9: and the toffee apple just sounded mmmm :)

• Like 1

I buy all my E-liquids from a local shop here in Cardiff. I like supporting local businesses when I can & they've offered me great service from the moment I walked through the door so always go back, ..plus their prices seem reasonable & they have a loyalty card system so I get free coils/E-liquids every 5-10 purchases.

Link: http://www.zappecigs.co.uk/

Currently I'm vaping the "Eshisha" E-liquids which are some of the strongest tasting I have ever tasted with a great amount of smoke/vape off them.

This range: http://www.zappecigs.co.uk/#!eshish/crgc

Plenty of other great brands on their website & mail order available too if you spot any you fancy. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update as a lot of smokers are probably thinking about quitting for new year, I've given myself a little pat on the back just now as I haven't smoked an analogue cigarette for almost 4 weeks and just wanted to say I feel so much better for it, I know I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction but by using a vaporiser at least I'm not taking in all the nasties that go with combusted tobacco and I no longer smell like an ash tray :)

Phase 2 will begin shortly as I intend to start reducing the nicotine levels in my ejuices with the eventual goal of being nicotine free but for now I'm enjoying vaping and my only regret is I didn't try it sooner, so to all the would be quitters out there dont give up on giving up, if cold turkey is too much then vaping could be a good tool for getting off the stink sticks, it's working for me anyway :)

• Like 2

Just a little update as a lot of smokers are probably thinking about quitting for new year, I've given myself a little pat on the back just now as I haven't smoked an analogue cigarette for almost 4 weeks and just wanted to say I feel so much better for it, I know I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction but by using a vaporiser at least I'm not taking in all the nasties that go with combusted tobacco and I no longer smell like an ash tray :)

Phase 2 will begin shortly as I intend to start reducing the nicotine levels in my ejuices with the eventual goal of being nicotine free but for now I'm enjoying vaping and my only regret is I didn't try it sooner, so to all the would be quitters out there dont give up on giving up, if cold turkey is too much then vaping could be a good tool for getting off the stink sticks, it's working for me anyway :)

Well done mate stick at it! I'm closing in on 6 months without a cig now and find the smell of cigs repulsive :lol:

Besides which the extra cash I now have is helping fund more tattoos ;)

• Like 2