GTM SC setup - clutch / fly

Xmassteppes

Hi all

By way of a quick bit of background, am looking to SC my HR zed later this year (currently running stage 3 from TDI). Mainly as I see myself keeping the car long term, and it's an itch I need to scratch regardless of it being a relatively expensive way of going faster!!! I like the look of the GTM kit, it seems to get good numbers and from a bit of a read around seems like a few people on here are running these now?

Currently my car is sat sick in L&G in need of a new clutch, so to the extent I can replace OEM with parts can use when running SC then I might as well. At least this way also feels like a bit of a positive coming out of having a wrecked clutch!

Just interested to know from people running the kits / with knowledge of these kits what they are running clutch / fly wise?

PS. Thanks to CS for advice on this so far!

Cheers

Dave

I'm running TT kit and got triple plates carbonetics clutch. Isn't really friendly on everyday as it likes to bunny hop the zed when it gets hot in traffic and can be heavy if your not used to it. Didn't stop me using it everyday for 10 months. Other than that, I've had no slip what so ever and you can feel it grip on the Santa pod drag strip. Would certainly recommend if your willing to sacrifice small negatives for huge positives.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If your ordering from GTM, order atleast 6 months before you actually want the item :thumbs:

Or you could just give me the cash, more chance of getting the kit from me than them :lol:

• Like 1

I ordered a new dual fan set-up from GTM back in October 2013 to work with my Vortech set-up. I constantly called GTM about the status of my order. Kept getting the runaround. I was told they needed time to build the kit. Then they were going to ship it out the next week. This carried on till the end of January 2014. I had to get my credit card company involved to get a refund. GTM are known to make good products, but their support is not very good. The concern I had when debating between Vortech and GTM was what would happen if I had a issue with a GTM supercharger kit in the future? Would I be able to obtain replacement parts for the GTM SC kit if needed? I really wanted the GTM SC kit, but opted for the Vortech. My issue with ordering the dual fans came after the fact, but in the end, the rumors were proven to be true. Good luck with you decision.