How good is the standard exhaust

Alcran

Morning Gents,

I have an Imported fairlady on a 2003 plate with 65miles Im looking to get a spacer and uprev+ hks panel filter, I was wondering how much bhp my standard exhaust is good for, I've seen some statements that its good for 360 to 400bhp

Would it be ok to keep my standard exhaust or would i need to change any sections of it?

work will on the car will start near the end of Feb

Thanks.

Alc

I think the back box is fine, its the cat and y pipe that restrict. Most people swap out the exhaust as it tends to rust, although if yours is a new import it might be in good nick.

Assuming you are going the turbo/supercharger route for 360-400bhp as a remap, spacer and intake will only gain you circa 10-20bhp on top of the 250bhp you have at the moment.

Have a chat with some of the traders on here, CS, Tarmc, Clark, Redline etc who all can offer good advice. You should be able to drop them a PM with your needs or go straight to their websites...

One of the best sounding Zeds I have heard is Wasso's which had standard back box and a decated motordyne XYZ Y pipe - stunning sound.

Nope to the charger and turbo, keeping it low cost and low hassle, just trying to get her back to what she did have. any recommendations to what Ypipe

Low cost? You do realize a NA tuned Zed pushing 400BHP will cost you 3x the amount of a supercharger? (EDIT: I may have read your original post wrong, originally I figured you wanted to hit 360 - 400BHP)

If you aren't planning on pushing it to this and just want a slight boost, you will want a less restricting system and a remap.

I have a full system and uprev and I have 300BHP at the fly. So anything beyond this is going to cost thousands.

Edited by Dave-350

Thanks guys, and Mike, My thoughts also. My current exhaust sounds really nice, has a great mid tone rumble to it, and if its possible to get the work done with my current setup up, i'll do it, if its not, i'll get whats been suggested in here.

Thanks all

Thanks guys, and Mike, My thoughts also. My current exhaust sounds really nice, has a great mid tone rumble to it, and if its possible to get the work done with my current setup up, i'll do it, if its not, i'll get whats been suggested in here.

Thanks all

your standard exhaust will rot at some point, common issue. A good time to upgrade

• 3 weeks later...