Just another Scam..!

WhackyWill

So my house phone rings and I answer it (this rarely happens!) I get a 'foreign' chap on the end of it trying to tell me that he's from

Microsoft Windows and my computer has been hacked and is infected with a "bad worm". Sooooo I decided to have some fun and

play along for a bit, asking lots of questions, pretending to be shocked ...... and then when he said he'd fix it for a charge of £60

payable now by credit card , I told him I'd traced his number, recorded the whole conversation and was going to the police as I was

fully aware it was a scam. He couldn't put the phone own fast enough ! :scare:

They did the same to my 75 year old neighbour last year and conned he out of £100, then when she gave them her credit card details

they ran up £2,000 on her card. If I knew who it was I would remove "bad worm" from his ass with my boot..!!! :rant: :rant:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 3

So my house phone rings and I answer it (this rarely happens!) I get a 'foreign' chap on the end of it trying to tell me that he's from

Microsoft Windows and my computer has been hacked and is infected with a "bad worm". Sooooo I decided to have some fun and

play along for a bit, asking lots of questions, pretending to be shocked ...... and then when he said he'd fix it for a charge of £60

payable now by credit card , I told him I'd traced his number, recorded the whole conversation and was going to the police as I was

fully aware it was a scam. He couldn't put the phone own fast enough ! :scare:

They did the same to my 75 year old neighbour last year and conned he out of £100, then when she gave them her credit card details

they ran up £2,000 on her card. If I knew who it was I would remove "bad worm" from his ass with my boot..!!! :rant: :rant:

Well done that man.

Haha I had someone calling up saying that I'd won a great prize! All I had to do was confirm my card details....

As I wasn't up to much that evening I thought I would have a laugh with him.

Delivery address 10 Downing Street, London (had never heard of it).

Went round and round in circles, and then I decided to get my iPad out and get some 'fart noises' off YouTube... Needless to say the conversation didn't last too long after that point. I think I was on the phone for about 40 minutes!! Yes very immature but haven't had a call like that since! That was only about 2 months ago

I've had these phone calls from the Microsoft Widows help department, oh, maybe 10 times in all. In fact my phone number must be known to every marketing company in the world, used to get 4 or 5 calls a day from PPI Claims, Industrial Deafness, Injury lawyers, Sky protection, Lifestyle surveys, Charities, etc..... I just zapped them with a Phone Blocker, now all is peaceful, best £50 I ever spent.

I sometimes scroll through the numbers that have attempted to call me and google them. This week, 5 calls from a company called EMCAS and one from The Roux Brothers Childrens charity.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

just this second had a phone call from a friend of a friend - who had a "BT Engineer" tell ther she had a virus and needed access to her computer..........................and she let them :surrender:

it wasn't until they asked her for £180 and credit card details did she hang up

so what do you reckon they've installed - laptops on its way over to my place as I type

I get all sorts of calls like this because my number is in yellow pages I guess. I have to keep my landline on permanent silent other wise it would ring almost constantly (I see it light up with calls every few minutes) luckily most of my customers are regulars so leave a message or use my mobile. A real pain though !

Blocky, does it not ever occur to you why so many people challenge/argue/disagree with you on such a regular basis? Even ioneabee, it would seem, has had enough now which is saying something as he is one of the most polite and mild mannered people you could wish to meet. You, of course, might be too (I don't know because I haven't met you) but that certainly isn't the way you present yourself on here, sadly all too frequently.

• Like 1