Is it worth it???

Kurtoski

Exactly, going from a Hyundai Coupe 1.6 with a whopping 105BHP to a 3.5V6 with 276BHP. More than double the engine power, more than double the insurance. Makes sense I guess :)

I've gone from a 1.4TDI Polo 75BHP to a 350Z 3.5 V6 313BHP - and here's the punchline...my insurance was CHEAPER!! :scare: :scare: :scare:

4 points come off in November so it should drop next year should I resist the temptation of that righ pedal in a Zed :/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but points tend to interfere with insurance for 5 years, rather than just the three they're on your license so don't bank on it dropping because of that.

That sucks you get insurence quoteas after your points on licsence, we just get it after accident records here in Iceland

Thats ALOT of money for insurence :wacko:

And our max is 1000 pounds, for the BEST insurence package a year, no one no matter if he had 200 accidents will pay more then that.

Ive been paying around 400-450 pounds a year since ive got my liscense at 17 years old

Edited by Aglii

Hi Guys,

Picking up my new Zed on Sunday. Due to my age and points obviously my insurance is through the roof...

22 years old,

7 points on my license (4 for speeding & 3 for motorway speeding)

No Accidents

1 years NCB

Cheapest quote is £2092 per years which is pretty cheap considering the above. Only problem is, it's with the company i've never heard of and all the reviews are terrible. Obviously there very little "good" review regarrding insurance companies but these reviews really are shocking!

The company is "Go Skippy". The next cheapest quote is £3k. So is it worth paying a thousand pound more for a company you have heard of and have more faith in?

Any help would be much appreiciated.

I know this isn't any help but that insurance is silly. Members younger than you (no points though) have had much much cheaper premiums. If I coughed up that much for insurance I'd be sick TBH. I look at other cars until the cost of insurance was 1k or under. Paying £2000 on a 350z is just sillyness IMO.

Good luck though and try a few comparisons sites and phone up and haggle if possible too.

Agree with Dblock that kind of premium is just crazy.

I do hope you manage to find some cheaper quotes though!

• Like 1

If you have chosen to buy a zed at your age and with that record you know what you're letting yourself in for vis-a-vis insurance.... you know it is usual for there to be a couple of hundred difference in quotes but for there to be almost £1k of difference I would be looking at the GOSkippy quote with a fine toothcomb :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Are you sure you're doing your quote properly?

At 22 with 1 years ncb my insurance was much less than half of what your quotes are, no points mind you but more than twice as much seems like a lot.

Did mine with Elephant/Admiral btw.

Hi Guys,

Picking up my new Zed on Sunday. Due to my age and points obviously my insurance is through the roof...

22 years old,

7 points on my license (4 for speeding & 3 for motorway speeding)

No Accidents

1 years NCB

Cheapest quote is £2092 per years which is pretty cheap considering the above. Only problem is, it's with the company i've never heard of and all the reviews are terrible. Obviously there very little "good" review regarrding insurance companies but these reviews really are shocking!

The company is "Go Skippy". The next cheapest quote is £3k. So is it worth paying a thousand pound more for a company you have heard of and have more faith in?

Any help would be much appreiciated.

I am also 22,

with 3 points on my license, at 21 It cost me £1.1k for a porsche cayman S , as soon as I turned 22 I bought the 350z and it cost me £660.

So to answer your question no it isn't worth it.

I have several quotes in the price area of 660, all with the likes of elephant, bell (if you want a stupid box) admiral etc

I finally sorted my insurance. £2000 was the best with Asda. My old hyundai coupe was £2200 so not too bad. Hopefully it'll go down next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news, sort of. :lol:

Fingers crossed for you that the premium goes down for next year. Much better car than a Hyundai though. B):thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I had an Hyundai Coupe F2 evolution that cost me £350 copmrehensive with LV, They wanted £750 plus tracker. I got it for £450 off esure no tracker but I use an old iPhone as my tracker.

I have 9 years NCB I am a little older 57 lol.

£2092 for nothin id too much for me.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Do NOT touch a company called Markerstudy, I have never been treated so shabbily in 20 years of motoring. I won't go into detail but I ended up doing everything myself regarding a claim, I never even got so much as a phone call from them. They were quite happy in taking my money but did absolutely bugger all with regard to earning it. I even got in touch with the ABI I was that disgusted. :angry::rant: