you gotta laugh

ioneabee

24 and just got a quote for 270 with 6 mods! So you guys all live in a war zone?!!!

Who was that from and where do you live? The land of no cars....

24 and just got a quote for 270 with 6 mods! So you guys all live in a war zone?!!!

bloody hell is that for real?? did they take NCB for driving in your past life? lol :lol:

I paid £635 and I'm 25 with 0 NCB, which is cheaper than my polo's insurance so i'm not complaining. Hoping it'll go down next year too!

I live in a village near Reading, its a B rated postcode. 7 years NCB.

Its a quote with Admiral via confused.

Who was that from and where do you live? The land of no cars....

bloody hell is that for real?? did they take NCB for driving in your past life? lol :lol:

I paid £635 and I'm 25 with 0 NCB, which is cheaper than my polo's insurance so i'm not complaining. Hoping it'll go down next year too!

I live in a village near Reading, its a B rated postcode. 7 years NCB.

Its a quote with Admiral via confused.

I got my insurance with admiral too from confused. They were really helpful over the phone and no other extra hidden charges like some of the other "cheap" insurers I came across.

BTW mind if I take your nectar points if you don't have a points card yourself? :p

Have to tried pm skyinsurence here on the forum, from what ive seen here they are the cheapest when it comes to mods or Admiral.

Those are the two ive seen most talked about here on the forum.

Also what is NCB?

Edited by Aglii

Im just slightly further down South from you in a Village near Winchester. Im 33 and 9+ years of NCB and im paying around £550.

Which insurer you with out of interest 350Ad?

Admiral via confused bud. I have a few tricks I use to get a cheaper quote....

One is to put a +30 day start date, usually knocks 10% off instead of using the next day like most people. Then when you go through to Admiral to actually pay you can change the start date/time and it doesn't recalculate the quote.

The other is to use a Job Title search like this - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/

And see if any of the cheaper names match your job.

Tesco are comparing well - £255

Can Saga not get you a good deal this year?

I think although he meets the age criteria they also have height restrictions :console:

Sent from the golf club...

I object

I've still got about 18months before I can get an age related quote :p

• Like 1

I think although he meets the age criteria they also have height restrictions :console:

I object

and a good 18 inches :lol: :lol:

I think Admiral only insure 5 mods if I remember (could be 6) let's just say they will take your money but don't count on being insured. My post might be still around if you want to search, two people confirmed they would insure my sc until I asked for all the mods listed and written proof. . .. they cancelled my insurance and said a mistake had been made due to lack of training. Needless to say I don't trust them or use them.

I object

and a good 18 inches :lol: :lol:

It's no more than 4" trust me ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well just renewed - back with Privilidge - £270 with zorst and spacers declared

could have saved myself £30 if i'd taken the spacers off

tesco was cheaper innitially and quoted, but when I actually came to do it they backtracked and said no thanks - and that was after I'd had a quote with mods declared - left hand and right hand quote comes to mind

just remembered one of the comments of the sales guy from Tesco - "does the stainless steel exhaust increase the volume".............."erm, well yes"............"oh, well in that case we definately can't insure that car"..................WTF :lol: has that got to do with it

just remembered one of the comments of the sales guy from Tesco - "does the stainless steel exhaust increase the volume".............."erm, well yes"............"oh, well in that case we definately can't insure that car"..................WTF :lol: has that got to do with it

Haha Brilliant.

Just purchased mine for the year and phoned up in the end for a bit more haggling ;)

The guy was an actual legend...I tried to explain the Injen CAI and afterwards he was like 'More air = more power = more vrooom' all in an Indian accent :lol:

Edited by 350Ad

• 1 month later...