you gotta laugh

ioneabee

just did an on-line quote from Swinton

came back with £154..............brill - give them a ring to add the exhaust

and

£950

er................would you like to check that............."yes, sir" - put on hold - 2 mins later - "that modification puts you at greater risk sir, thats the best we can do" - okay......bye bye

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you got a quote. When I got the skyline and was listing the mods we got to the boost controller.... "What's that?" the guy asks...

"It regulates the turbo" I tell him. This confuses him even more... "Turbo? What's a turbo...?"

"Your working for a car insurance company and you don't know what a turbo is?"

"Sir I can't find turbo or boost controller in my options"

We went round in circles for ages for him to say he couldn't insure the car

:doh:

Aren't any of the insurers affiliated with the forum able to help?

will quote yes - but not good enough I'm afraid - they vary (for me) between £450 - £650

my best confirmed quote at the moment is £270 but waiting for another that said £238 (unconfirmed)

You must be nearly as old as me to be getting quotes around £270 ! :lol:

older,I'm afraid :dry:

but I can confirm that a zimmer frame (when stripped down) will fit in the boot :thumbs:

Edited by ioneabee

I have just renewed my insurance through admiral on thier multicar discount added my mods, exhaust, induction kit and audio upgrades and came back with £240, only conditions are that if the car needed repair they would only cover for replacing original parts back and not cover anything higher than the original value, which i could live with, then added my missus as a driver and listed i myself as driver on hers and its come down to £188, not complaining about that.

• Like 1

but I can confirm that a zimmer frame (when stripped down) will fit in the boot :thumbs:

Is there a sticker in the boot telling you exactly how to fit the Zimmer in? :lol:

Gmballistic have a look in my profile page ! ;)

Edited by ZEUS

Is there a sticker in the boot telling you exactly how to fit the Zimmer in? :lol:

Gmballistic have a look in my profile page ! ;)

4 Years younger than you. Na na na na na. :bleh::lol::thumbs:

24 and just got a quote for 270 with 6 mods! So you guys all live in a war zone?!!!

bloody hell is that for real?? did they take NCB for driving in your past life? lol :lol:

I paid £635 and I'm 25 with 0 NCB, which is cheaper than my polo's insurance so i'm not complaining. Hoping it'll go down next year too!

• Like 1

24 and just got a quote for 270 with 6 mods! So you guys all live in a war zone?!!!

bloody hell is that for real?? did they take NCB for driving in your past life? lol :lol:

I paid £635 and I'm 25 with 0 NCB, which is cheaper than my polo's insurance so i'm not complaining. Hoping it'll go down next year too!

Pmsl. :lol:

£340 something for mine ~ 34yr old with 10+ years ncb. I do live in Wales though so probably penalized a bit for that. :lol:;)