Invidia vs Milltek

Bems

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you fit

• Milltek
    • Invidia

I have invidia with oem cats, tbh i would want it a bit louder. At 4k+ revs it doesnt turn into a beast, and is loud, but its very subtle and maybe a bit too quiet for the lower revs. maybe decat or hfc would change this, but it is a quiet exhaust til 4k revs, by quiet, i mean like oem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got Milltek and Berks HFC on mine, and whilst it's not the loudest combo you'll hear, it's most definitely a step up in volume from stock and to my ears it's one of the nicest sounding. When you boot it, it's awesome!

EDIT - Of course this comes with the obvious caveat that I'm biased towards my set up :lol:

Edited by Xmassteppes
  • Like 1

I have invidia with oem cats, tbh i would want it a bit louder. At 4k+ revs it doesnt turn into a beast, and is loud, but its very subtle and maybe a bit too quiet for the lower revs. maybe decat or hfc would change this, but it is a quiet exhaust til 4k revs, by quiet, i mean like oem.

+1 I love my Invidia :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

On the downside the Milltek+Berk combo will have you flooring the accelerator through the 3500rpm magic zone all the time. It is hugely addictive hearing that rasp.

I like mine - nice and quiet at cruising speeds but my inner chav does wish it would crackle & pop a bit more on downshifts/over-run, and rumble a bit deeper when cruising around town (with Vicki Pollard of course).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Can I just ask - for those with the Berks/Milltek combo, when booting it, do you get a whoosh of air through them that you hear? I do..

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

I just recently had Berks HFC and JWT Pop charger installed in addition to the existing miltek cat back system, and i know what sound you are talking about, i also hear it when i get past the 4k revs.

Edited by DarmoZ

I have the Invidia and the Berks and think its an awesome combination. Nice and subdued on tickover or bimbling through town, once on the open road you hit the loud pedal, wind the windows down, and just listen to that sound :teeth:

Not heard the Milltek, but to be honest you would not move me from my current combination..... Oh and NO droning at all on Motorway cruising.

• Like 1

Wow this is a few years out of date eh! Have to say that I associate miltek with the German car scene where there seems to be a blueprint for what you must do.. Its for that reason alone I wouldn't buy one.

It's the same thing what made me hate owning my type r as the Honda 'scene's was becoming the same.

The zed guys don't seem to be like that. Everything from completely standard motors to fully rebuilt twin turbo's... and there all cool!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Great thread :thumbs:

It's still relevant to those deciding between these two exhausts, as I am. Lots of info and opinions to read; I've not voted yet, as haven't decided.

Seems the Milltek may be too quiet with stock cats, but a few posts say the same about the Invidia, but it seems this opinion is less compared to Milltek.

Listening to you tube videos, I preferred the more refined sound of the Milltek and I like the tips. The Invidia seems to sound more raspy (I found the Cobra resonated catback, Motordyne resonated Y-pipe & Berks HFC too raspy) but it's true dual design and comments about excellent build quality and potential for a slight performance advantage, are leaning me towards the the Invidia.

I'm planning on keeping stock cats, so Invidia's looking the favourite :)

Anyone had experience with these systems on track? I.e. passing static & drive by noise limits?

Edited by Oversteer

I have removed my cats for berk test pipes and have the full miltek system from there and it sounds perfect for me,

subtle and grown up when driving to work etc until you give it some throttle then it sounds looooovely

Karl

• Like 1

Holy old thread! Lol.

Had the Milltek for a short while myself - way too quiet with standard cats. Quieter than OEM. Swapped for the Ark Grip and couldn't be happier.

I bought this system off ya lol. After seeing ur video clip, when I added the decats honestly you wouldn't think it's the same system minus cats.... it's very loud under load lol and I love it!!!!

Edited by da.murf
  • Like 1

Holy old thread! Lol.

Had the Milltek for a short while myself - way too quiet with standard cats. Quieter than OEM. Swapped for the Ark Grip and couldn't be happier.

I bought this system off ya lol. After seeing ur video clip, when I added the decats honestly you wouldn't think it's the same system minus cats.... it's very loud under load lol and I love it!!!!

Good to hear from you sir! Glad you're still enjoying it. It's definitely a very universal opinion that adding HFCs/Decats completely transforms the Milltek into an absolutely glorious system! Hopefully I'll get to hear yours in person some day!