Removing camber/toe bolts

SamN

Hi guys,

I went to have my alignment done today but the mechanic said that the camber and toe bolts on the rear are siezed. What are my options to sort this?

I haven't had a look yet but could I just try and undo them, then if they snap, tap them out with a hammer and a socket extension or something?

I'm not sure the quickest/easiest/cheapest way...

Either way it looks like I'm going to need to order some new bolts!

Cheers

Sam

It depends how corroded they are, in some cases the bolt can seize into the bush so if the bolt snaps you will end up having to replace the bush as well.

If you do have to replace them make sure they are put back in with a grease like Never Seize or similar, if manufactures even put a bit of copper ease on from the factory this problem wouldn't occur

• 6 years later...

Hi All,

I know this post is quite old but I've recently bought a 350z and took it to fit new tyres and alignment. They aligned 

the front ones but they couldn't do the rear ones due to similar issues as mentioned above. I've tried asking nissan dealership for camber/toe bolts and they are quoting me £160 for 4 bolts :blink:, this can't be right as they were not sure about which bolts are needed and I don't feel confident either as they don't  accept returns.

Do you guys have any advice? Is there a cheaper option? 

Also just to be sure, see attached underneath picture of my car where these bolts are located according to garage.

IMG_20200725_161836.jpg.f009550280ba6b60a8efc6dde566200b.jpg

Thank you 

I have these bolt kits in stock and they are good to go same/next day.

On the rear there are 2 for the camber adjustment and 2 for the toe adjustment.

Best to replace the 4 of them.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

I had mine done almost 2 years ago at Drury Lane Service Station in Failsworth. They had what looked like a welder, but was actually some sort of induction thing that heated the area up around the bolts & they just came loose. Worth looking them up, they know their stuff.

On 30/07/2020 at 17:36, mr v6 said:

I had mine done almost 2 years ago at Drury Lane Service Station in Failsworth. They had what looked like a welder, but was actually some sort of induction thing that heated the area up around the bolts & they just came loose. Worth looking them up, they know their stuff.

That's great shout I will take a look as I'm not too far. Thanks for your help! 

On 30/07/2020 at 07:57, ZMANALEX said:

I have these bolt kits in stock and they are good to go same/next day.

On the rear there are 2 for the camber adjustment and 2 for the toe adjustment.

Best to replace the 4 of them.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

Pm!