Are Technical Service Bulletins valid forever? (RE: electric window going up then half way down)

ostego

Hi,

Bought a 2003 350 a week ago, which had had new electric window motors fitted on both sides recently.

4 days into its use, whilst i love the car, the drivers side window is now going straight up, then dropping half way when using the auto up feature. This also means that when i close the door with the window up, it doesnt drop then rise that little bit to stop the window coming into contact with the seal.

I've read up about the problem, and can see it appears to be an issue with the window regulator switch.

Have also read about some technical service bulletins released, and have investigated 2 that would relate to my issue :

2003 Nissan 350z Visibility Service Bulletin 155452

NHTSA: Action Number: 10006111 Service Bulletin Number: 155452

• Report Date:
    Mar 24, 2004
  • Component:
    Visibility

Summary: Door window glass does not drop when opening door. *tt

2004 Nissan 350z Visibility Service Bulletin 169981

NHTSA: Action Number: 10009363 Service Bulletin Number: 169981

• Report Date:
    Jul 29, 2004
  • Component:
    Visibility

Summary: Window regulator motor reset procedure. *tt

I know the fact these motors were fitted after may cause an issue, but I'm working off the assumption that that is something i don't need to tell Nissan if they were willing to fix it... as i could just claim ignorance as ive just bought it.

So my question is, will these TSBs still be valid on my 2003 350z? Could i get this regulator issue fixed for free by Nissan under one of these TSBs

Edited by ostego

Sounds to me like it just needs to be reset, simple 2 min job, search here for the procedure

Did see that online, but don't you need to remove the whole door panel, disconnect wires & cables, and unscrew a fair few screws to get to the actual motor reset switch?

I've never liked removing panelling on my old car because of all the wires and the fear I'd **** stuff up even worse, and am apprehensive to go in there on this nice new one.

Is it really quite a simple job for anyone? Or does it require a bit of know-how?

Sounds to me like it just needs to be reset, simple 2 min job, search here for the procedure

Did see that online, but don't you need to remove the whole door panel, disconnect wires & cables, and unscrew a fair few screws to get to the actual motor reset switch?

I've never liked removing panelling on my old car because of all the wires and the fear I'd **** stuff up even worse, and am apprehensive to go in there on this nice new one.

Is it really quite a simple job for anyone? Or does it require a bit of know-how?

Try the initialisation procedure - 3rd post down in the thread I posted, you don't need to remove the door panel and may work

I did mine on my 370 last week and that is much simpler, window up hold the button and listen for a click, same for down and it's reset !

The door panels do come off easily and the only wires are to the window switch