The 2014 F1 Chat Thread.

WhackyWill

Sorry to hear that Kimi wont be at the first few races...!

Orlov is a good driver though and will do a good job for Ferrari. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Where have you heard this?? theres nothing about this anywhere!

Kimi has visited the factory already and done some simulator work to get ready for the 2014 season

You might need to sack who ever is feeding you this rubbish :lol:

Latest news on Kimi:

http://www.f1reader....s/tag/raikkonen

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Kimi wont be at the first few races...!

Orlov is a good driver though and will do a good job for Ferrari. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Where have you heard this?? theres nothing about this anywhere!

Kimi has visited the factory already and done some simulator work to get ready for the 2014 season

You might need to sack who ever is feeding you this rubbish :lol:

Now Orlov has his road licence he has now applied for his Supelicence for F1.... :lol: :lol:

aleksandr-meerkat-novelty-driving-licence.jpg

• Like 1

Y'know, I doubt that very much. Having read Ecclestone's biography, I can't see that that's his sort of thing at all. He may be partially funding a bid with others, but certainly not by himself.

Mark my words though kids, if you want to drive the 'Ring then I suggest you do it this year. You may never get the chance once it's been sold.

I think Bernie going to use it as a bargaining chip with his pending problem with the German

prosecutor, the Ring is at the moment been funder by the local council to stop it going into

liquidation, they have taken over the running of it.

And yes Bernie only ever uses OPM for projects. :blush:.

Lotus are in trouble with finances again. People have walked out after not being paid, apparently. That maybe why they are not launching at Jerez

Who knows.. Their reserve driver was not paid last year either.

Lotus team owner Gerard Lopez has moved to allay fears that the team is struggling financially to such a severe degree that it might not make the grid. The Luxembourg businessman rubbished such claims and says the reason they had an asterix next to their name on the official FIA entry list, was purely because of an administration error. "We just had the wrong team name on the list, namely the one of two years ago," he told Auto und Motor Sport. "I can assure you, everything is still the same [as before]." He also addressed concerns raised by Lotus's decision to skip the first test in Jerez. "We are very satisfied with the development of our car," he said, "which will perhaps look a bit different from the others. "We believe it is better to use the next few weeks in the wind tunnel, which will give us more [benefit] than one test on the track would." Meanwhile he confirmed the team's finances are in order, despite giving up on the failed Quantum deal and even assured that Kimi Raikkonen had been "partly paid" and he "will get the rest soon." "The [Quantum] money never arrived, so we cancelled it," he added. "For 2014, our budget is complete with our new sponsor PDVSA." - See more at: http://www.f1times.c...h.jU2C3hzL.dpuf

Ron's Back... :yahoo: :yahoo:

http://www.autocar.c...m-mclaren-group

Ron Dennis has been re-appointed as chief executive officer of the McLaren Group with immediate effect. He has been charged by the company’s shareholders to “improve its on-track and off-track performanceâ€.

Dennis assumes a role previously held by Martin Whitmarsh, who is also team principal of the Formula 1 outfit.

Dennis was previously CEO of the Woking-based group from 1982 to 2012, when he stepped aside. He became group chairman in 2013, and was also team principal of the Formula 1 team between 1982 and 2009.

Dennis said: “My fellow shareholders have mandated me to write an exciting new chapter in the story of McLaren, beginning by improving our on-track and off-track performance.

“Over the coming weeks I intend to undertake a thorough and objective review of each of our businesses with the intention of optimising every aspect of our existing operations, while identifying new areas of growth that capitalise on our technologies, and where appropriate further investing in them.

“During February, I will articulate a new group strategy and implement the organisational structure best suited to achieving it. I am excited by the prospect of returning to the role of group CEO and working with my many colleagues and fellow shareholders to fulfil our objective – which is to win at whatever we do.â€â€¨

Dennis will remain chairman of McLaren Automotive, the company’s high-performance road car arm.

It isn’t yet clear how today’s announcement affects Whitmarsh, who last year presided over McLaren’s first winless F1 season since 2006.

Edited by WhackyWill

Bye bye wingemarsh,bye bye. :wave:

Rumour mill says that Mr Brawn will be moving to the Woking area after his break from F1. Mr Dennis and Brawn have been "talking" lots recently.

Well that's good news

Thought Ross was going fishing.. ??.

I can see Ross going to work at the FIA and taking over from Napoleon..!! :#1:

Rumour mill says that Mr Brawn will be moving to the Woking area after his break from F1. Mr Dennis and Brawn have been "talking" lots recently.

Well that's good news

According to a few sources, he's taking a break until the summer. Him and Ron Dennis have been speaking a lot about after his break.

I doubt Ross would want to work for the FIA anyway, he wants the competition, someone who didn't wouldn't have funded their own team for a year. He got free engines from Mercedes, used parts/things from most of the teams and worked his heart out to get that team onto the grid.

Well that's good news

According to a few sources, he's taking a break until the summer. Him and Ron Dennis have been speaking a lot about after his break.

I doubt Ross would want to work for the FIA anyway, he wants the competition, someone who didn't wouldn't have funded their own team for a year. He got free engines from Mercedes, used parts/things from most of the teams and worked his heart out to get that team onto the grid.

He didn't fund his Team for a Year...Honda did, it was cheaper to allow Ross to take over Honda F1 and Super Aguri than

make 850 people redundant and close the factory. The Brawn car that he won the World championship was a Super Aguri chassis not a Honda.

Honda also paid the drivers and reserve drivers for 2 years. :yahoo:

Ecclestone facing ten years in German prison

"I don't think I could operate that well from a German prison -- I hope I don't have to" - Bernie Ecclestone

http://www.motorspor...-german-prison/

So life then ;)

Reading some of the comments on that link are terrible, people really do hate him dont they!

If he gets put away, imagine his sphincter when he gets out! They could use it for a wind tunnel :lol:

He had to buy the team, he didn't get it for free

His backers put some money into purchasing the assets (a lot less than you think) and as I said Honda financed the running of it. :blush:

I may seem a little bitter hear, so apologies, but the whole Brawn GP story is over hyped. Honda gave up at the start of the 2008 season, to focus on the new regs in 2009. They spent atleast 6 months longer developing the car than everyone else, and had Super Aguri designers (essentially employed by Honda) workin on it too. Honda spent hundreds of millions of £ on the project, then gave up at the last minute. Yes its a great 'story' for F1 how a team came from the ashes. Ross was a smart bloke and made use of his contacts, secured the best engine on the grid and bolted it to the most expensive and developed car on the grid. Fair play to him. Honda just wanted rid of the whole lot 'business' so were happy to just let it go so it didnt cost them any more money. They spent years pumping millions into it, and got no return.

He had to buy the team, he didn't get it for free

His backers put some money into purchasing the assets (a lot less than you think) and as I said Honda financed the running of it. :blush:

I may seem a little bitter hear, so apologies, but the whole Brawn GP story is over hyped. Honda gave up at the start of the 2008 season, to focus on the new regs in 2009. They spent atleast 6 months longer developing the car than everyone else, and had Super Aguri designers (essentially employed by Honda) workin on it too. Honda spent hundreds of millions of £ on the project, then gave up at the last minute. Yes its a great 'story' for F1 how a team came from the ashes. Ross was a smart bloke and made use of his contacts, secured the best engine on the grid and bolted it to the most expensive and developed car on the grid. Fair play to him. Honda just wanted rid of the whole lot 'business' so were happy to just let it go so it didnt cost them any more money. They spent years pumping millions into it, and got no return.

And the car wasn't that great anyway, as soon as the playing field was levelled they didn't win another race. Once double diffusers were deemed ok, everyone caught up over night. I also don't rate button, he had an unfair advantage and has been rubbish ever since.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk